PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirt Design, lets finalize it.

Billy Golightly
03-29-2005, 09:14 PM
OkI have attached what we have so far between me and Brian of BW Designs (Graphic artist). Sorry about the stamp but I'm paradnoid of someone stealing the illustrations I paid to have made for their own personal gain.Anyways, I'm pretty much dead set on everything but some of the colors. I think the yellow is kind of cool and sticks out myself, but I'm open to suggestions on that. The illustrations can have their color changed from black if someone thinks it would look better differently. Remember I'm planning on these going on Ash grey T-shirts, so the background will be a little bit dark. This design will go on the back, in the shoulders area and will be scaled appropriatly between different sizes. What do you guys think?

Trikeaholic
03-29-2005, 09:17 PM
ThaT IS AWESOME! I love it

Yamahauler
03-29-2005, 09:17 PM
thats cool ;)

erectordale
03-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Looks great

Derrick Adams
03-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Looks great! Could we see it with red letters instead of yellow once?

90nut
03-29-2005, 11:28 PM
I think it looks awesome! What is the price on those going to be?

Billy Golightly
03-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Here you go Derrick. I'm working on the front design (It will be small and in the pocket area). No clue on cost...I'm guessin probably $20 or so but DONT QUOTE ME ON THAT :p

Derrick Adams
03-29-2005, 11:51 PM
I was thinking red would look nice on a grey shirt, plus it covers all the big 3 that way! lol.

Figure it out.

LonesomeTriZ
03-30-2005, 12:06 AM
I like the yellow better. The shirts are not going to have pockets are they? Pocket t shirts does not really look all that cool. :(

CHAINSAW
03-30-2005, 12:08 AM
Im for yellow!

TimSr
03-30-2005, 12:16 AM
I see you found a compromise on the "which brand to picture" issue! Both look great. Its hard to tell which will show up best without seeing it on the background but I kind of favor the yellow, but Id go for either one. I wonder if the Honda guys will all pick red!

Billy Golightly
03-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Dont think so on the pockets (Would cost more anyways). I was just refering to the area that the front design (attached) would be placed. Those of you that have been around a while and have seen/have some of the old Hondaline shirts will recognize a likeness in design.

Derrick Adams
03-30-2005, 12:31 AM
Not so sure that yellow is going to look good on grey.

Please don't take styling tips from TimSr! LMAO

Billy Golightly
03-30-2005, 12:55 AM
Ok, heres the design with some noise added to the background that will probably simulate the ash grey color of the shirt pretty well.

350Xccelerator
03-30-2005, 01:53 AM
i think the property of 3wheelerworld.com part should be under the pic cuz it looks a bit crambed

seadoo650
03-30-2005, 02:07 AM
Looks great.

Howdy
03-30-2005, 09:24 AM
What ever the design / color is choosen I am waiting to get some Prices. I talked with the one guy about them yesterday and they would like a 3 week lead time ( if we go with them again ).

Added: We should do some price checking around. So we can get a accurate price lets figure on 100 shirts.
Howdy

Billy Golightly
03-30-2005, 11:13 AM
i think the property of 3wheelerworld.com part should be under the pic cuz it looks a bit crambed

Its not even going to be on the shirts, its just on there now while its posted on the site so someone doesn't save it and crop out the three-wheeler illustrations.

90nut
03-30-2005, 11:31 PM
A cool design for the front pocket would be the picture that is on the top of the brochure with the trike doing a wheelie with three wheeler world surrounding it.

LonesomeTriZ
03-31-2005, 12:02 AM
Hey, that is not a bad idea. ;)

Billy Golightly
03-31-2005, 12:15 AM
This one? http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/remotepictures/Trikefest052.jpg

It would probably need to be resized down some, but yeah that might look cool.

Bill X_R
03-31-2005, 09:01 PM
Not so sure that yellow is going to look good on grey.

Please don't take styling tips from TimSr! LMAO

LMAO!!!!! Hey Tim, what do you think he is trying to say????

I vote for the Red...nothing to do with Honda, just like it better.

200xman
03-31-2005, 09:21 PM
What ever the design / color is choosen I am waiting to get some Prices. I talked with the one guy about them yesterday and they would like a 3 week lead time ( if we go with them again ).

Added: We should do some price checking around. So we can get a accurate price lets figure on 100 shirts.
Howdy

Once you get a final design I'll go back to my guy and get some prices.

Billy Golightly
03-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Which one do you guys like better for the front? (Hahaha I guess its yellow for the back?) The I drive on 3 wheels one, or the other one I posted with the words around it in a circle?

Howdy
04-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Here is some basic templates. The white won't or shouldn't be there when the shirts are printed.

http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/4Howdy/TF05TShirtBackRed.jpg

http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/4Howdy/TF05TShirtBackYellow.jpg

http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/4Howdy/TF05TShirtFront1.jpg

http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/4Howdy/TF05TShirtFront2.jpg

What ones do you like better? Pick 1 Front and 1 Back.
Howdy

Billy Golightly
04-01-2005, 11:08 AM
second back one and first front one for me. The back one needs to be enlarged considerably though, And it should be size matched to the different sized T-shirts. What fits on a small wont fit or look good on a 3XL. It all needs to be within proportion.

On the front one Howdy, the Haspin Acres text inbetween the trike and the circled text, I can enlarge that where its more readable if need be.

LonesomeTriZ
04-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Oooooo, yellow.

Howdy
04-01-2005, 02:56 PM
second back one and first front one for me. The back one needs to be enlarged considerably though, And it should be size matched to the different sized T-shirts. What fits on a small wont fit or look good on a 3XL. It all needs to be within proportion.

On the front one Howdy, the Haspin Acres text inbetween the trike and the circled text, I can enlarge that where its more readable if need be.

I argree it needs enlarged. I just done these up real quick this morning. I just wanted to get more visual basic feel for what they would look like. ;)
Howdy

Banage
04-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Ok, heres the design with some noise added to the background that will probably simulate the ash grey color of the shirt pretty well.

My choice, stick with the yellow buy maybie some honda red on them wheelers :TrikesOwn

Banage
04-01-2005, 04:32 PM

correct choice :TrikesOwn

Muddy200x
04-01-2005, 06:05 PM
I wonder if the Honda guys will all pick red!

I PICK RED! :D I only sat that because the trikes in the pic are Yamahas and with the yellow text it makes it look it favors the Yamaha brand. Let's not forget who started the 3 wheeler, and later got sewed for them. I just think Honda should be represented in some way. But the shirt looks great either way.

Here's a pic that I threw together. I figure that maybe it could be used somewhere.

Billy Golightly
04-01-2005, 09:14 PM
If you guys really are that unhappy on a Honda not being on the back, then I'll contact Brian again and see if he can draw up something for me. I need to know quickly though because Howdy and other people are working on designs and I dont want it to turn into a long drawn out thing.

CHAINSAW
04-01-2005, 11:32 PM
waaaaaa!!! I want a Suzuki on the shirt to!! waaaa!! If you try to please everyone Billy, your wasting your time dude.. Looks great as is.. leave IT!!

Muddy200x
04-02-2005, 09:02 AM
When I said red I was only talking about the text. I wasn't meaning redo the graphics, I'm sorry if it sounded that way. It would be easy to have some of the shirts made up with red text and some with yellow and some with green its only a matter of changing the color that's applied to the screen. That way you have a bit of a variety without extra costs. Should only be a matter of talking to the guy that's doing the silk screening.

I would like to help though. How about as an option for the front pocket area?

TimSr
04-02-2005, 12:00 PM
waaaaaa!!! I want a Suzuki on the shirt to!! waaaa!! If you try to please everyone Billy, your wasting your time dude.. Looks great as is.. leave IT!!

Ditto's,
Also Muddy has a good idea, if its practical, get a couple different text colors. The last guys will have to take whats left anyways.

dividebyzero
04-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Red for the back,first one for the front.Ditto for Neddy.

MIK6
04-03-2005, 11:53 PM
What ever you pick, can I get a copy of the digital version? I can get the koozy's w/ the same logo.

LET ME KNOW
MIK6 / mike

Derrick Adams
04-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Is it going to be stretched more (top to bottom)? In Howdys post it seems like it will just be in the shoulder area. If that's the case you may want to add to it.

Looks cool as $#!T though!

I'd love to have that design on the front of one of those old 80's 3/4 sleeve T's. The kind with the colored sleeves. That would rock! Old School!

Dare we ask to see the letters in Kawie Green?

Billy Golightly
04-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Heres a green one.

LonesomeTriZ
04-04-2005, 10:28 AM
I love those Kawi's, but I am sorry that just does not look right.

Billy Golightly
04-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Na muddy, its ok. Some of the guys in chat have been complaining and what not too, its no biggie. I talked to Brian and he said it would only be $40 to make another illustration of a 250R so I went ahead and gave him the go ahead. Plus, the extra trike at the bottom will kind of square things off a bit as Derrick mentioned so it will fill up a bit more of the shirt. Howdy came up with the idea of adding the "Warning I ride on 3 wheels" graphic underneath this one on the back, a little bit further down. What do you guys think of that?

LonesomeTriZ
04-04-2005, 01:33 PM
That is a very cool looking graphic, and it will look good on the front. But I think I may be too much on the back to add it in.

Billy Golightly
04-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Well Honda guys, you got a 250R now. Unless anyone else has some other suggestions, this is probably going to be the final for the back. I'm beginning to worry a little bit about how good the black is going to look...but I think it will be OK. Atleast I hope so anyways. Look it over and tell me what you think. The only thing I'm thinking about changing is the www.3wheelerworld.com text, to maybe make it a little bit bigger. Not sure.

Kintore
04-13-2005, 10:16 PM
That looks alot better HondaATC, I like the look of all 3 "main race trikes" And the yellow has my vote. Stands out the best, I like the the 3wheeling dude pulling a wheelie on the front, and the yellow with 3 trikes on the back.

Billy Golightly
04-13-2005, 10:37 PM
We might end up making 2 different styles. We'll see how it goes. You think that'll look pretty good though?

hrc85250r
04-13-2005, 11:24 PM
change the dirt or shadow or whatever under each trike, it kinda looks wierd having all of the dirt under them look the same...other than that, looks sweet...

oh yeah, and dont put anything over where the front pocket goes, put the front graohic in the middle, if there is one, and try not to get the shirts with pockets, they look goofy...and nobody uses them anyways....

Howdy
04-14-2005, 07:47 AM
We were messing with the original design here at the shop ( 2 weeks ago ). I need to redo the design a little to use this latest design. I will try to get this done later today. Stay tuned for another design idea. ;)
Howdy

Derrick Adams
04-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Hey, when you come up with it, can you show it on the back of the shirt again?

I like the latest one.

Billy Golightly
04-14-2005, 11:53 AM
I googled for half an hour this morning trying to find a picture of a blank grey shirt of decent size without any success.I emailed muddy200x to see if he could send me the one he used a couple pages back.

I'm really thinking that 2 different designs might be the way to go as of now.

OldSchoolin86
04-14-2005, 12:18 PM
shirts.com is good for pictures of blank t's
http://www.t-shirts.com/includes/draw.aspx?shirt=\images\blanks\fruit\large\5993-B.jpg:550:500

Billy Golightly
04-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Ok, heres the 2 backs I had in mind. Personally I think their both kickass. I like both of muddy's little round designs for the front pocket area (Dont believe the shirts will have pockets, probably would add to cost anyways). Gimmie you feedback

Billy Golightly
04-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Heres an updated version of the second design. I removed all the white and made it transparent so the color of the shirt will show up on, just like it will be when its printed. Thoughts, comments, ideas?

dividebyzero
04-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Yup,i like 'em.Good job guys.Will the front be the same on both?

trikerider2oo7
04-14-2005, 09:33 PM
i love the one with all 3 of the trikes

ATC crazy
04-14-2005, 09:37 PM
I love this design Billy, but with Red lettering. I think it stands out a lot more (And besides, Im a Honda guy :p )

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9546

Billy Golightly
04-27-2005, 09:50 PM
OK, this design and the other one is what I'm gonna run with unless anyone has some last minute changes. For the web addresses, I went through alot of fonts and that was about the best one I seen. I'm probably gonna take these by a printer down here this week and I'll be trying to talk to some other people about it.

Billy

OldSchoolin86
04-27-2005, 10:23 PM
The web addresses look oddly out of place on the last one. They look better kind of hiden in the shadows.

Billy Golightly
04-27-2005, 10:35 PM
My only problem with leaving them in the shadows/ground is that they are concealed and hard to see. No one will be able to read the web address unless they are like 2ft away from the shirt, and thats one of the more important parts of it in my opinon.

Muddy200x
04-28-2005, 07:48 AM
How about somthing like this?

Billy Golightly
04-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Whats the name of that font muddy? If we make it the same color yellow as the top and have the same shading it would look pretty good.

Muddy200x
04-28-2005, 04:45 PM
That was just something quick I threw together. Its kinda a custom text because I added the shaded borders. I could make it match the other text color exact though. I just didn't want to spend the extra time on a concept design. If you want you could send me the design without your stamp across it and I could send it back with the 3ww text on it.

OldSchoolin86
04-28-2005, 05:06 PM
That was just something quick I threw together. Its kinda a custom text because I added the shaded borders. I could make it match the other text color exact though. I just didn't want to spend the extra time on a concept design. If you want you could send me the design without your stamp across it and I could send it back with the 3ww text on it.
lol, what font did you start with?

Billy Golightly
04-28-2005, 05:18 PM

Thats not necessary. I'll figure it out.

Muddy200x
04-28-2005, 05:20 PM
It's called chiller

Billy Golightly
04-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Ah, heh. Thats what I had on the other one.

Billy Golightly
04-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Ok...heres my latest try. I have to get these finalized and start getting quotes from a few different places or we're going to run out of time...so if you got a problem speak your mind or forever hold the peace!

Muddy200x
04-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Looks good! :D

Billy Golightly
04-28-2005, 06:39 PM
I just edited it and made the bottom text a hair larger...Should show up better like that. If anyone is in/knows someone in the printing business, drop me a PM or an email and I will get an unstamped version to you. This one is in Adoble Illustrator .EPS and the other is in Adobe Photoshop .PSD file formats. Probably going to order a hundred of each would be my estimate. I'm going to try and burn both of them to a disc and go by a few places tomorrow if I get the chance.

OldSchoolin86
04-28-2005, 06:51 PM
With the rounded way of the graphics I still think it looks oddly out of place. IMO it looks best as you had it in the shadows but second best stacked as Muddy had it.

Just my 2 cents

Billy Golightly
04-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Heres (Roughly) how it should look on the back of a grey shirt. Should the bottom web addy's be moved further up or do you think a space like that is good?

Billy Golightly
04-28-2005, 06:54 PM
OS'in, whats conflicting? The 2 main texts? Trikefest 2005 and then the web addresses?

OldSchoolin86
04-28-2005, 07:03 PM
You've got this real nice rounded, proportionate graphic with an out of place striat line of text below it. It really doesn't flow. I'm in chat if you want to talk about it more.

OldSchoolin86
04-28-2005, 10:03 PM
This is what I was talking about, group it a little better and make that addy POP. I'm also afraid that with the addys the waythey are they'll look funny slightly wrapping around the waist.

Billy Golightly
04-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Heres another...It looks weird not having the shadows black, but eh I dunno. It also looks out of balance without having something else onthe right hand side. I think its important we have both web addresses on there, but thats just me.

Howdy
04-29-2005, 11:24 AM
How about something like this?
Howdy

86250RZ
04-29-2005, 11:52 AM
I like the changes to the last one best (Honda ATC's last post). If only you could get the web address balanced out on both sides it would be perfect. I'll take 2 ether way. I love the retro look :TrikesOwn

Billy Golightly
04-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Kind of borrowed from Howdy's design....

Kintore
04-29-2005, 12:45 PM
There it is HondaATC. Thats my favorite outa the bunch. The yellow looks perfect and the web address arent hidden in the shawdows,or bunched up. I really like it.

Howdy
04-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Kind of borrowed from Howdy's design....

Simply marvelous!!! Billy I think you got it now. IMO, we should take this desgin and run with it.

My only concern is the suze of the front graphics. I think it should be about 1/2 the width of the shirt ( at the biggest ) and located over upper left chest area. But that is what I think. I will take them either way. ;)

Howdy

OldSchoolin86
04-29-2005, 03:36 PM
I think the 2 websites are 1 too many. IMO it still looks too busy. The main page should be enough. Both addys make it look too much like a billboard then just a cool shirt. I also think I like the one I did with www.3WheelerWorld.com in red above everything the best. I'd use your font though to make it just right. The red is good too because it gives the shirt a little more character. Everything in yellow is too much.

Billy Golightly
04-29-2005, 04:00 PM
I dunno Oldschoolin, I'm sorry but I'm just not feelin it with the red and the text in that position. In chat last night you were saying how they were looking to spaced out, and how everything was kind of like in a cross shape, with gaps around the edges in certain areas where there wasn't anything...Thats how yours looks to me actually, like a T :p

I think its important that the forum address be on there, because thats where 90% of all of our organizing and contact with other people goes on at. Some people come to the site and never find the forum, I want to correct that by putting the forum address on there.

Howdy:

Originally I was thinking we'd have 2 different shirts, the other design is for the back of the other shirt. Maybe it would be a better idea to just have one design though, I dont know. The graphic can be easily be re-sized to go in the pocket area though.

OldSchoolin86
04-29-2005, 04:14 PM
I dunno Oldschoolin, I'm sorry but I'm just not feelin it with the red and the text in that position. In chat last night you were saying how they were looking to spaced out, and how everything was kind of like in a cross shape, with gaps around the edges in certain areas where there wasn't anything...Thats how yours looks to me actually, like a T :pI never said any of that, I said that the addys looked out of place being in a strait line under that nice graphic. I'm not sure where your getting a T out of mine? :wondering It's rounder and more proportionate then the others. Oh well, what you got will work just fine.

Lots_Of_Nothing
04-29-2005, 04:16 PM
They all look ok, But I agree with OS'in on this one, I really like the red address above the main trikefest font, really makes it POP and stick out.

Billy Golightly
04-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Here...this is like what I mean.

diggerzmound
04-29-2005, 04:41 PM
I like the one with red lettering too.

THe other seems like too much advertising, almost pushy...

Muddy200x
04-29-2005, 06:31 PM
How about this type of orientation? You could probably do away with the forum address because there is a link on the main site. I also think that rotating the text from caps to lower case looks better. After all that's the way its always been.

Howdy
04-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Here is a design that we did up at the shop about a month ago. I do admit some color does spice it up.
Howdy

86250RZ
05-02-2005, 05:19 PM
I do like the color combo in Howdy's pic but like the layout of HondaATC's. Man, just to many options, im sure we could come up with all kinds of different designs but in this case I believe time is of the essence.

Derrick Adams
05-02-2005, 11:36 PM
:eek: :eek: Seems to me like they should be ordered by now. We only have 4 weeks! :eek: :eek:

Billy Golightly
05-02-2005, 11:43 PM
No one seems to be able to agree on it :p Am I doing 2 different designs, one design, what designs am I using, how many shirts? Heh I guess I'll just have to make the decisions myself and tell everyone tough **** if they dont like it (No offense meant OSin or anyone else:p)

Howdy
05-03-2005, 07:46 AM
I do like the color combo in Howdy's pic but like the layout of HondaATC's. Man, just to many options, im sure we could come up with all kinds of different designs but in this case I believe time is of the essence.

In HondaATC's latest design: What if we changed the color of the 2005 to green or red. Would that work?

HondaATC I say we set tomorrow for input on the design (s). We can put a cut off time of say 6 or 8 PM.

Derrick, we still have a little time, but not much. ;)
Howdy

Billy Golightly
05-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Thats ok by me I guess. How many are we ordering, what sizes are we ordering? I think we need to order up to atleast a 2XXL and maybe even 3XXL insize because I know we have some pretty big guys. I never kept much track of the small-medium sizes. Did those sell at all last year?

dividebyzero
05-03-2005, 11:30 AM
The two that i really like is where the web addresses are in the shadows,and howdy's(where the addresses are at an angle).Would like the color to be red though.

Howdy
05-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Just toying around a little. The wife really likes the Multi colored one's.

Multi colored will cost a little more though.
Howdy

Billy Golightly
05-03-2005, 04:28 PM
I've got one place going to call me back with a quote this evening and gonna try a couple more tomorrow. The most important thing right now is to know the QUANITY of the sizes we want. I think we sell the most 2XL and XL's. 50 of each of those, divide the other 50 up inbetween smalls (For kids?) and normal larges?

Howdy
05-03-2005, 05:33 PM
I've got one place going to call me back with a quote this evening and gonna try a couple more tomorrow. The most important thing right now is to know the QUANITY of the sizes we want. I think we sell the most 2XL and XL's. 50 of each of those, divide the other 50 up inbetween smalls (For kids?) and normal larges?

Today I went to my supplier where I got shirts made up for the past 2 years. I took 7 different designs for the back ( I wanted a idea on cost for each different design ). He told me what he could do them for and I am VERY happy with the price.
;)
Howdy

Howdy
05-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Common guys, we need your input here! We need to know what design ( s ) you like so we can get them ordered.
Howdy

Derrick Adams
05-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Just put this one on it and make it one color, to save money.

Call it good!!!! Too many options. Pick it and run with it! :w00t:

dividebyzero
05-03-2005, 09:28 PM
1.Howdy, love your wife's idea.Go with the multi color and the angled web addys in the red and yellow you did in the one pic!
2.Billy,i see what you mean on it not being balanced,but,i think it will look really good with the grey for shadows.(if someone tips over wearing the shirt they can blame me!)
3.If you look at the tecate and tri-z their back end is black on black.I know the shirt will be ash grey,but the darker grey color shadow will offset the black and i think will high light it.
4.Neddy had asked about the group pic being on a shirt?
5.How many designs are we doing for the back and front?
6.Which ones for the front?

Howdy
05-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Derrick, The local guy here has give me a price that that is good for any of the designs with or with out multi color. And I might add it's a good price.
Howdy

Billy Golightly
05-03-2005, 10:09 PM
I Dont believe there will be a group picture shirt unless we make a second different shirt design.

The one design posted a few pages back with the text circling the black cartoonish three-wheeler will be on the front in the chest area.

Derrick Adams
05-04-2005, 12:26 AM
Bottom line is, it really doesn't matter if their one color, two colors, tie-dyed, whatever. They'll be cool no matter what, I mean even if they turn out cheesy it's still ok because it becomes retro 80's cool then!

I still want one of those old school 3/4 sleeve shirts. :D

jeswinehart
05-06-2005, 09:20 PM
i ain't to picky. i like the 1st. i got ,,,, the 2nd. one i got and i think i'm getting last years this year (maybe - not sure) so this years will hang along side the others.

john

86250RZ
05-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Let me know when the T-shirts are ready and I will set up a payment.

Thanks, Derek