PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Venting

kdagenais
03-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Hello All,
Forgive me for I have to vent. Well after 3 years of buying and selling on Ebay I finally got took by a purchase of a set of used OEM fenders for my uncles 250SX. Just paid #133.00 shipped for these fenders and when received them they had been broke and plastioc welded back together in 3 places. The one crack was all the way into the seat area and was very poorly patched up.
When trying to work it out with the seller so far all he is only welling to give me is the $95.00 (purchase price only) and still wants me to ship the fenders back which will be another $30.00. So in conclusion if I go through with his offer I will be $60.00 in the hole and nothing to show for it.
When he sent the pic's they looked good and asked him what kind of condition he thought about them I never got an answer (shouldv'e guessed). But since he had over 1000 positive feedbacks thought I would be safe.
Guess in one way I can feel lucky because I hear the horror stories of these types of transactions and this is my first one in 3 years.

DeePa
03-31-2005, 12:22 PM
1. theres an ebay forum for this
2. file a claim with paypal if you used it.
3. Let ebay know

otherwise, i dont know what to tell yhou, but good luck with it. Some of the other guys will know some actions that can be made.

Mike

atckowalski
03-31-2005, 12:27 PM
You should post his seller name so none of us get taken and he doesn't screw anyone else.

kdagenais
03-31-2005, 12:52 PM
1. theres an ebay forum for this
2. file a claim with paypal if you used it.
3. Let ebay know

otherwise, i dont know what to tell yhou, but good luck with it. Some of the other guys will know some actions that can be made.

Mike

I used the Pay Pal and this was not an auctioned part. So Ebay wont do anything, I just asked a question based on a differnet auction if he had a set and made the transaction outside of Ebay. I did report it through Pay Pal but it they said they couldn't do anything. My next step will be to dispute it on my credit card.

The Ebay username is WSATV and as I stated before he has over 1000 positvie feedbacks so don;t know if this is his usual business practice or not.

Lomax
03-31-2005, 01:05 PM
WSATV Someone else on here got screwed by him the other day i think......

kdagenais
03-31-2005, 01:17 PM
WSATV Someone else on here got screwed by him the other day i think......
Yea! I came across a post where they said he needs to work on hid people skills not much more detail than that though.

dblshockpower
03-31-2005, 01:46 PM
http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/MemberSearchResult?frompage=fmrshowpage&userid=WSATV&fcl=3&frpp=50&sacat=-1&nojspr=y&sspagename=h%3Ah%3Aadvsearch%3AUS&sofocus=bs&fsop=1&catref=C5&fsoo=1&from=R7&nojspr=y&pfid=0

No one with that handle on ebay.

83200e
03-31-2005, 01:58 PM
http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/MemberSearchResult?frompage=fmrshowpage&userid=WSATV&fcl=3&frpp=50&sacat=-1&nojspr=y&sspagename=h%3Ah%3Aadvsearch%3AUS&sofocus=bs&fsop=1&catref=C5&fsoo=1&from=R7&nojspr=y&pfid=0

No one with that handle on ebay.

WSATVS is the name.

kdagenais
03-31-2005, 02:03 PM
WSATVS is the name.
Thats the one! Didn't notice the "S" before.

DeePa
03-31-2005, 07:27 PM
ive always had great transactions with him...now you know not to deal outside of ebay for stuff like that.

Meat-BoX
03-31-2005, 10:24 PM
Ask for your money back politely because the Item wasnt as described. If he is a good busnessman he will refund your money, if not hes a theiving scum that Suckered you. Next time make sure you see Pics, good ones.

kdagenais
03-31-2005, 10:34 PM
Ask for your money back politely because the Item wasnt as described. If he is a good busnessman he will refund your money, if not hes a theiving scum that Suckered you. Next time make sure you see Pics, good ones.
I already have and he is saying he told me they where welded back together. Then I forward him every email that transpired and asked him where did he make such a statement. So far no comment to date.

now you know not to deal outside of ebay for stuff like that. If he was a honest business man it shouldn't matter inside or outside Ebay. I know when I sell stuff that might have a flaw I make it known up front because don't want any misunderstanding. Its just good business practice and sometimes the world is a small place. Also am a beliver on what goes around comes around. I also realize that I was buying used parts and wasn't going to get perfection but not busted up like I got.

Trikeaholic
03-31-2005, 10:54 PM
I bought a super rare part recently, and the sellers paypal would not work. I emailed him TWICE about it and no reply. I hope it all works out, but until I get a response email , no money order is going out of here, thats for sure.

88 Turbo Coupe
04-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Paypal is owned by Ebay. Both entites do next to nothing to help you when there is a problem. (Thats a scam in itself). YOOU have to go after them to get your money back.

mbg75
04-08-2005, 10:56 PM
keep the fenders, eat the $130 and LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!

i say don't send them back, he might not send you your money! then he'll have the fenders and the cash!

paypal sucks, your better off sending a postal money order. send it priority with a tracking number. that way you know when it arrives, who signs for it, and also can find out if the money order is cashed.

Muddy200x
04-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Yeah, Shudup got shafted by that guy too. Hears his thread.
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=33559

88 Turbo Coupe
04-09-2005, 07:37 PM
I think it's safe to say the guys turning into a POS.

yater
04-10-2005, 05:17 PM
You asked a question, never got a response from the seller, and bought the item anyway. He never lied to you.

88 Turbo Coupe
04-10-2005, 08:13 PM
In the body of the auction it says " ask questions before you bid ". You asked your questions he/she didn't respond then assume the answer is what you are looking for. It doesn't say I will respond to your question. The seller is a liar.

kdagenais
04-10-2005, 10:07 PM
I kind had that feeling but when I looked over his feedback of 1000 positive I figured he couldn't be that bad. I will have to chuck this one up to a live and learn leason. Sent the item back to him and will see what he does for a refund. IF he doesn't return my money he will have to deal with my credit card company. Bottom line is one way or another I will get my money back.