PDA

View Full Version : Another Chat Question

OldSchoolin86
04-03-2005, 01:00 PM
I run about 3-4 chat rooms at the same time. All these chat rooms and the old 3WW one were on the same server so I had no problems. Now that the server has moved I can either chat in 3WW and none of my other rooms or my other rooms and no 3WW. I use Lexicon script 3.2 now and have it all set up so when I open lex and hit connect all my rooms come up. Is there a way to have multiple servers up without opening up 2 Lex screens or am I just out of luck?

trikerider2oo7
04-03-2005, 01:12 PM
in the options menu, select your other server and check the box that says "New Server Window" then connect to server and it will open it up in a new window and let you be on both at the same time

OldSchoolin86
04-03-2005, 01:34 PM
in the options menu, select your other server and check the box that says "New Server Window" then connect to server and it will open it up in a new window and let you be on both at the same time
Is there a way to set this up so it's automatic? Like right now I've got my rooms and password set up in the perform window so I don't have to do anything but connect and it's all taken care of. Is there a way to set up the new server like this too?

Thanks

Billy Golightly
04-03-2005, 02:17 PM
I think its options>connect>options>perform> and then put your commands in there.

OldSchoolin86
04-03-2005, 04:23 PM
I think its options>connect>options>perform> and then put your commands in there.LOL, ya I know, that's why I said in the perform window. ;) The question is what's the command to open that seperate server without kicking me out of the rest of the rooms?

Billy Golightly
04-03-2005, 04:48 PM
I guess I'm not understanding the question heh. You want to automaticly join both servers, and have your commands ran when you start up mirc? try adding /server * to your perform window and see if it will. I dunno, I've never used chat for much of anything but 3WW stuff.

OldSchoolin86
04-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Already tried that, it changes the main server and boots all my other rooms. I'm looking for a way to set it up where it won't boot the rest of the rooms. Basicaly I want to run both servers automaticaly but don't know if it's possible.

Lots_Of_Nothing
04-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Sure its possible, Open mIRC twice. :)

OldSchoolin86
04-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Sure its possible, Open mIRC twice. :)Nice but I already covered that idea.

OldSchoolin86
04-04-2005, 07:33 AM
No ideas guys?