PDA

View Full Version : Check this out ! battery MTB.

bigredhead
04-04-2005, 12:42 PM
www.itselectric.ca

Man this is awsome !!.

I looked at this a few years ago and prices were out of this world.. getting better every year .. and it's finally within my range.

This sucker bolts right up and if it goes as goos as i'm hoping.. should get me to work without breaking a sweat !!!!

I was looking at getting a mini/pocket bike but i'd have to leave it outside and it's sure to get stolen unless i lock it down with a 100lb chain.

no gas. no insurance, no registration.. charge and GO.

Dude is also pretty good to deal with via e-mail.. i've sent him 100 questions so far and he's been really cool about it !

oh.. and it's also CANADIAN available ! woot ! :cool:

bigredhead
04-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Well.. i got it this past friday and finally bolted it up... this thing is awsome.

I'll have pictures later, but i had the neighbors scratching their heads gonig by the street.. uphill.. without pedaling !! LOL...

bigredhead
04-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Here it is... front wheel drive.. wich is fine as it has more than enough traction for the purpose. Had it out earlier and zipped around, it's hilarious to see the reaction of people when you zoom by without even a tiny amount of noise.. and not pedaling.

And it's Sandy approved ! ;)

OldSchoolin86
04-26-2005, 12:36 AM
Move pretty fast?

bigredhead
04-26-2005, 08:38 AM
I have not clocked it yet.. but figure on a 21 speed bike.. on the 21st gear all the time. figure about 30 ish km / h . aprox 20 mph.

bigredhead
06-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Well.. after putting a few hundred KM's on the thing so far.... could'nt be happier !

This this is awsome !!!!!!!! anyone too broke to afforc a motorbike.. but too lazy to pedal.. = perfect medium !

Gets me to work and back ( 5 km's each way ) in under 10 minutes.. best i've done so far was 8 minutes flat.

at 36v it tops out at 35 km/h.. can be hopped up to 72 v wich is equal to a sick amount of speed.. more than you want to go on 26 " rims !!!!! and WILL keep it's seed up in strong headwinds !!!!

83200e
06-03-2005, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=bigredhead]Here it is... front wheel drive.. wich is fine as it has more than enough traction for the purpose. Had it out earlier and zipped around, it's hilarious to see the reaction of people when you zoom by without even a tiny amount of noise.. and not pedaling.

They're probably thinking,"here comes that lazy ******* on the bike again". :p

bigredhead
06-03-2005, 11:24 AM
haha... yeah.. i've had the whole neighborhood flag me down to give it a try !

But i tell ya.. it sure ain't so funny when it's 30 c outside with a heavy headwind !!! and i don't break a sweat !! lol.

bigredhead
06-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Well.. over the weekend i went out and got new batteries.. went with 12 a/h instead of 7 a/h.. alot more amperage = more getup and go !!!!

My previous battery pack was about 15 lbs total.. wich was heavy to start with.. i'm pretty sure i'm up to 30 lbs worth of batteries now.

But.. it's a nice summer night.. cool breeze.. i just went out for an hour ride around town, sunday's are great as there is very low traffic to i have the road to myself.

Burnt no gas.. made no noise.. got lots of fresh air.. what more can one ask for !

Yamahauler
06-26-2005, 11:18 PM
so, have you clocked how fast it is yet?

200xadam
06-26-2005, 11:22 PM
lol you dont have any reserve on that thing thought...what happens when you run out of battery and are stranded out in the middle of town and uve forgotten how to peddle!?

bigredhead
06-27-2005, 08:01 AM
LOL... Yeah i know what you mean......

However. it gets really good range and you can tell when the batteries start to give out.. the top speed is a bit less and it's not as responsive on the throttle.. it's not good to drain your batteries to this point with Sealed Lead Acid if you want long life out of them.

Pedaling is always an option, but with the added weight it's not much fun without the power assist. My Giant 890 weighs about 23 lbs total... my battery bike weighs in at about 70. !!!!

200xadam
06-27-2005, 01:15 PM
what does it have for a throttle? A twisty? that thing looks pretty cool how do they have different types..like an mx battery powered bike lol

bigredhead
06-27-2005, 02:23 PM
It's a kit !.. you can put it in what ever you want.. as long as your forks are wide enough. you can have it in just about any wheel size.. BMX to 26" Mountainbike.

It's thumb/twist, it will go from a dead stop, but it's better for the battery if you get rolling first then throttle on and quit pedaling.. if you want to.

BIG hills can be done in top gear ( Tallest front.. smallest rear ) without shifting !!!!! ( I normally do it without the motor on my other bike. but i sweat bullets if it's a big one !! )

All in all.. it's perfect for quick rips around town, beer store.. etc..

Cops don't pull over drunk bicycle drivers around here.. so it's a blast at 2 am !!!

200xadam
06-27-2005, 02:27 PM
lol i think i might have to invest in one of those, how much did it cost??

bigredhead
06-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Like everything else in life... price ranges from cheapest at 400 $ or so for something decent... and Sky's the limit if you want to race with the big guys !!!

But my setup cost me just under 500 $ canadian..

I don't have a car so this is my main mode of transport.. i can't have a license ( bad night vision.. can't drive at night, so why bother ) ... a car will run you about 1000 a year in various maintenance.. plus gas plus insurance.. .. ... . .. one time purchase of 500 $ will get me anywhere in town and back home for a couple years.

bigredhead
06-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Over winter.. i'm putting this bike up for sale.. as is. bike and motor and batteries everything... probably sell it for 350 to 400 ish...

and i'm getting the next model up .. X-lyte 5 series.. at 72 v .. nimh battery pack... will run me about 1000 $ but will go 45 mph and 0 to 60 in about 4 seconds !!

check www.crystalyte.com for details on the rig !

Tri-ZNate
06-27-2005, 04:23 PM
0 to 60 in about 4 seconds !!

your kidding right?!?!

bigredhead
06-27-2005, 04:53 PM
If you got the money ..... the electric drag races are insane,

http://www.nedra.com/

http://www.nedra.com/record_holders.html

8.8 seconds at 137.6 mph !!!!! how's that sound !

Mine won't do that of course.. but it will sustain 45 mph.... on a BICYCLE !!!!

bigredhead
06-27-2005, 04:56 PM
http://www.killacycle.com/pages/specs_page.html

1/4 mile.. 9.450 secs at 152.07 mph !!!!! yeeeehawwww

MTS
06-27-2005, 08:50 PM
All in all.. it's perfect for quick rips around town, beer store.. etc..

Cops don't pull over drunk bicycle drivers around here.. so it's a blast at 2 am !!!
AHHA! i gota get me one...they sell them at the dealership i work (riverside yamaha ;) ill have to check it out haha

200xadam
06-27-2005, 10:54 PM
oh my god 150 mph on a bicycle!?!?

bigredhead
06-27-2005, 11:12 PM
150 not quite a bicycle.. click the link.. Drag Bike...

That's like an ATC 70 and a 500 R comparison.