PDA

View Full Version : My 15 seconds of fame.

Wickedfinger
04-06-2005, 10:17 PM
I work for The Home Depot as an Assitant Store manager. We have a long history as a company of helping out those in need and the floods in my local towns are one of those occasions. Since I basically grew up in the town of Yardley where the recent flooding occured and still live a little north of it, I volunteered to head the relief efforts in the area for the company. After a few phone calls, I managed to get 3 stores to contribute over $2000 each in needed clean up supplies for the local comunities. We loaded up three of our "Load and Go" trucks to the brim with bottled water, contractors trash bags, bleach, gloves, squeegees, etc. and headed down to the town to meet with and distribute the supplies to the Red Cross. Well, we pulled into the center of town at the community center to a round of cheers which was cool and started to unload. I had been warned by my corporate media relations people that we were probably going to met by a news crew there - and sure enough NBC10 came around with a camera and one of the local Philadelphia reporters, Lori Delgatto spotted me as "The Leader" and interviewed me as I was hoisting 50lb water cartons out of the truck. She had heard that I grew up in town from her camera woman who I was joking around with before we started unloading and decided I was a story. Anyway, I was on the early edition 4:30 news and the late 11:00 news out of breath unloading cartons with my black shades and my black Boyesen hat, wearing a bright orange apron talking about how we were there to help.

03 ORANGE SHEE
04-06-2005, 10:26 PM
did ya record it??

Wickedfinger
04-06-2005, 10:30 PM
I was still at work ... my brother in law TeVod it .... I'm still waiting on the 11 news.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Way to go Tejas!! I just went to www.nbc10.com to check it out.The only news they had on the floods was from early this morning.