PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Wolverine Question

Brennan Monty
01-27-2003, 08:46 PM
:?: I'm looking for anyone owning a 2000 or newer yamaha wolverine to give me feedback on how they like it. I'm looking for a 4x4 that will be sportier than most but still keep up with the Honda Rancher 4x4 and others in the mud. What do ya think? Please indicate whether or not you've actually owned one.

Thanks

Brennan

Tecate performance
02-06-2003, 01:39 AM
i've owned a 95 wolverine (first year) which is the same as 2000 except it had a different carb in 95. as far as power goes its acceptable but could use more everywhere especially if you put bigger tires on it. acceleration is slightly better than foreman because of lighter weight but it doesn't have the torque of the honda in the mud. not bad, its just less. with stock tires and motor the wolverine would pull my stock 300ex with 20" holeshots on top end by a bike length. this is top speed, not acceleration. suspension was plush for hard riding and it could be jumped pretty high-4-5'-pretty easily. low speeds were ok, a little harsh. also the stock steerin stops are pretty restrictive limiting tight turning. my advice would be to find a late model one for bottom dollar. you can't go wrong, it can do it all.

bayougrizz
02-07-2003, 10:47 PM
One thing about those wolvies, if you ever decide to slow it down a little and put some BIG mud tires on it. You can swap out your first and second gears with big bear gears and give it a LOT of low end grunt. Wolverines modded out with the addition of the lower gearing are hard to beat in the mud.