PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else on here involved with Cub scouts or Boy scouts?

hedge1988
04-07-2005, 07:43 PM
I am involve with the cub scout program this is my second year, my boy is a wolf cub and we really enjoy it this year he won our distict pinewood derby man was he excited (of course I was too lol). I was just wondering if any of you other guys where involved with the program. Its great for boys if you have one old enough and you arent in it you should be. its a great character builder for kids.

Rod
04-07-2005, 11:06 PM
I was! I was, or I guess still am an eagle scout. I also got lucky & won the pinewood derby championship in our town.. I got a job just by being an eagle scout. I was talking to the owner of a car dealer & he said there were no job openings but tell me about my self & he will keep me in mind. I said I was an eagle scout, & he said " I will make a job for you" . Scouts was one of the best things I have ever done.

Wickedfinger
04-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Eagle Scout, PA troop 10 - The day after I made it, I quit. Nothing left to accomplish I guess, besides O of A, but .......... It never got me any favors or opened any doors in life though.

hedge1988
04-08-2005, 01:39 AM
Glad to see other scouters in here. I was never in it as a boy, we didnt have it in the town I lived in but im in neck deep now with my son. It has been a great experience so far.

TravEX
04-08-2005, 08:28 AM
I'm an Eagle Scout, Troop 167, 1994,,,a great accomplishment, a great satisfaction for making it, not many Scouts make it to Eagle Scout, I've heard only 1%.

Travis

Howdy
04-08-2005, 08:33 AM
I'm a Wolf Den Leader myself. I may be giving it up real soon though. I don't have enough time to get everything done that needs to be. So I have to give up something.
Howdy

whiteman350x
04-08-2005, 09:31 AM
Started cub scouts in '82. I have been active since. Made arrow of light in cubs, and Eagle in Boy Scouts. Now it is time to give back. I have been Scoutmaster of T-55 in Jackson AL for a year and 3 mos. And would not trade a minute of it for anything!!

Banage
04-08-2005, 10:34 AM
I was in boy scouts but my parrents wernt involved, at all, so it got hard and i had to quit. I never got to do anything like the trips, and camp outs. Don't ever take this oppertunity away from your child IF THEY WANT IT.