PDA

View Full Version : Flying to cali

yamahaman89
04-10-2005, 10:49 AM
im goin to califorina next weekend and ive never flown before im kinda nervous. has any else flown?

renotrikeguy
04-10-2005, 10:56 AM
I have flown a few times. Had to fly from Reno to Johnson City, Tn .. and Charolette, NC. for business .. flying is fun.. Really like the power those planes have when your taking off. Almost as much power as my 250 Big red has.. ;)

mymint87
04-10-2005, 08:34 PM
where in California are you going....maybe you can meet with someone close by your destination

yamahaman89
04-10-2005, 10:06 PM
L.A just for like one night

chris200x
04-10-2005, 10:17 PM
I have flown a couple times. Thank god for those little bottles of liqueur!!! Hitting turbulance is also a blast. I would not recommend taking boxcutters though.

ScottZJ
04-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Oh I fly quite a bit with my job lately. In fact I got to meet mymint87 in San Diego on my business trip, great guy to met and nice toys. Just dont bring but one carry on and a laptop cuz you might have issues. put all your keys and what not in your luggage so you dont have to deal with the metal detectors. Also wear some slip on shoes, just in case they make you take your shoes off. Enjoy your flight cuz it will be over before you know it............peace

3 weelin geezer
04-11-2005, 12:41 AM
Don't worry about it. Its just like going in a real fast car that goes up a hill really fast. Just don't start giving the guards a hard time or you will be selected for 'additional screening' like you just won the lottery. WOO HOO!! I wanna be searched a little better because I hate everyone and I have something in my shoes and I wanna get put in jail and miss my flight and waste time!

patblkwell
04-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Flying is great, except when you fly 14 hours from Detroit to Japan or from Houston to Japan like I did when I was in the Navy. I've flown to Cali several times from Louisiana, it's not a bad flight at all.

yamahaman89
04-11-2005, 09:16 AM
im just afraid of crashing. look what hollywood did to me lol

Dan Tenn
04-11-2005, 09:56 AM
You can always carry a parachute as your carry-on luggage :)

OldSchoolin86
04-11-2005, 10:08 AM
I flew for the first time a copuple of weeks ago. I was a little nervous at first but by the time I landed I was loving it. It's so cool how fast you can get somewhere. It only took 3hrs to get from Chicago to Las Vegas.

3 weelin geezer
04-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Flying is great, except when you fly 14 hours from Detroit to Japan or from Houston to Japan like I did when I was in the Navy.

I'm going to Japan later this month. Recommend any good sights near the north end of Japan?

patblkwell
04-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Hey, well I lived right outside of Tokyo, there are some nice places to go in Japan. In the north, there is Sapporo which is usually covered with snow and has a lot of ice festivals and they brew all kinds of beer there. In southern Japan, there is Osaka which has a lot to do like Universal Studios and other things like that. Have fun man-

SoCalDesertRider
04-13-2005, 01:04 AM
Every day those rediculus things fall out of the sky. I prefer not to fly in them.

Red Rider
04-13-2005, 02:15 AM
Every day those rediculus things fall out of the sky. I prefer not to fly in them.
Flying is inherently safe, but very unforgivable. Do what I do when I fly, and you'll be as safe as in your mother's arms. Wear kevlar clothes & a bubble-wrap baseball cap. :rolleyes:

3 weelin geezer
04-13-2005, 02:22 AM
Could anyone spare some foil for my hat? I just know someone is watching me and my girl is trying to read my mind again. Wouldn't be a bad thing if I was thinking something goodbut I'm thinking of telling her friends we are going somewhere and ditching them at the wrong airline so they don't join us at the beach.

Anyways, I was thinking of finding some of those cool gardens and some of those shrines or castles around the yokosuka area.

yamahaman89
04-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Well im flying with frontier but i never heard of them till i bought my ticket through travelocity