PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Got a Dell?

chris200x
04-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Man, this computer we got has been nothing but trouble. I just had to get the motherboard replaced. Same thing happened to someone else I know.

This is the third time I've lost everything! It's a real pain in the rear. :mad:

Dammit!
04-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Stop buying over the counter computers and build your own. ;)

Power_Ram100
04-10-2005, 06:31 PM
I built my own computer and have had problems with it too. I couldn’t figure what was wrong with it. I finally figured out that the Ram and hard drive were bad. Good thing the parts were under warranty. Just depends if you get good parts or not. After all, the components are made in china.

trikerider2oo7
04-10-2005, 06:54 PM
i have a dell...my ram went bad...they suck. next one i get will be custom built by me

Red Rider
04-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Dude, I got a DELL! I've had it for almost 3 years with no problems.

chris200x
04-10-2005, 09:57 PM
I don't know what's the bigger headache my 200x or the computer. it's a dell 8400 that we're financing. Good thing it is still under warrenty didn't cost anything this time. But it's a pain in the behind reinstalling all the programs. Now if someone can just sent me a good virus. That will make my day!

renotrikeguy
04-10-2005, 10:28 PM
I have only had my Dell 8400 for a few months. Only problem is every now and again it seems to not show the DVD drive. And I get one of those sucky Winders XP "Error screens" but it's better than the Celeron based E-Machine i had before.

jjjg-02
04-10-2005, 10:37 PM
I have had mine for about 2 years now, and it has just decided that these last few months that it wanted to act stupid....

chris200x
04-10-2005, 10:44 PM
I just hope the problem is fixed now. It takes forever to reinstall all the programs. We're gonna try that mozilla firefox this time. I've heard good things about it.

OldSchoolin86
04-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Once you start building your own systems you'll never buy an over the counter machine again.

chris200x
04-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Build my own? I'm lucky I even know how to turn it on!!! I'm not one of those computer literate types you know. My son that is almost nine knows more about them then me.

Sad part about it (financing from dell) is by the time it's paid off it will be outdated lol.

OldSchoolin86
04-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Build my own? I'm lucky I even know how to turn it on!!! I'm not one of those computer literate types you know. My son that is almost nine knows more about them then me.

Sad part about it (financing from dell) is by the time it's paid off it will be outdated lol.
The real sad thing is that it was outdated the second it was shipped to your house. Computer tech moves really fast! If you ever do decide to try a build shoot me an email, I've helped a lot of newbs build for the first time. Computer assembly is incredibly easy. Building a system is almost easier then finding the shut down button under the START button, lol. Gotta love Bill Gates.

3 weelin geezer
04-11-2005, 12:24 AM
I had one from best buy until it bought the farm last year when a lightning bolt hit the pole. I now have a gateway w/a 2.0 ghz but the video card needs to be upgraded. Have you guys checked your power from the wall? That was my problem before I called an electrician. Something to do with the ground wire. I use dell's at work and they are really good. One time I bought a pieces computer and my 133 mhz processor caused the nuke at the beginning of duke nukem 3d that caused a hi pitched static like noise. Don't buy from some no name fly by night computer shop. Its probably returned or damaged stuff thats why its so cheap.

KASEY
04-11-2005, 12:50 AM
i have 5 dell computers,,,,,, i have never had a problem with any of them,,,

CHAINSAW
04-11-2005, 01:12 AM
It doesnt matter if you have a 300 dollar wal-mart special, or a $7000 Alien software computer.. every once in a while you will get a lemon, Ive seen it on both ends.

The same goes for cars, ATVs, and anything else mechanical.... sometimes you happen to get a lemon.

KASEY
04-11-2005, 10:47 AM
WOULD YOU,,,,buy a computer from this guy????????

http://www.laluzdejesus.com/shows/previousshows/2004/group04/dobsm.jpg

bigredhead
04-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Chainsaw said it best... lemons happen.

I work for purolator courier and we ship their returns... takes a 20 man team to handle the calls that come in .. just for shipping back !!!!! but consider the volume they make and it's not too bad i guess.

I've built my own for years now... love my current one.. it's a tank, takes a likin and keeps on tickin.

Get a good ASUS motherboard.. a good power supply with case and lots of fans... depending on your needs ( gamer ... surfer .. etc.. ) go from there.

real easy.

ATC crazy
04-11-2005, 08:15 PM
ALIENWARE is probably the only desktop that I will consider buying. They may be expensive, but they are damn well worth it!

CHAINSAW
04-12-2005, 09:16 AM
ALIENWARE is probably the only desktop that I will consider buying. They may be expensive, but they are damn well worth it!

Ive got a friend that runs a very popluar website (its his only job) He has been bought, and been given an Alienware computer (from alienware so they could work out a deal advertising on his site), and he sent them both back. He said they were junk, and will only deal with Dell from now on. I agree with him, I havent had a lick of problem with this Dell, and I had it made about 3 years ago. All Ive done is upgrade the graphics card, and it still runs like a champ.