PDA

View Full Version : All you Computer Router smart people got me a question...HELPP!

MTS
04-10-2005, 09:23 PM
so i got DSL and we had a router and it didnt have a built in firewall, it was just temprary so we got the new one and it has a built in fire wall and i cant download off of p2p programs becuse of this, just wondring if anyone knows how in the hell to shut off the firewall on the router.....its a PITA and i dont need it...thanks! :beer

ScottZJ
04-10-2005, 11:47 PM
You should be able to dial into the router with an IP or address and there you should be able to change any and all settings. I dont deal with the "factory" firewalls, I use Zone ALarm the one you purchase...................peace

hrc85250r
04-11-2005, 12:43 AM
did you upgrade to windows xp "SP2" in the meantime? cause that will screw up you bandwidth, it limits it to almost nothing....firewalls usually dont give you much of a problem, if it is uninstall the one you currently have and install "windows antispyware" from their sit, it works awesome and is free, when you download it start it up and switch the firewall off, problem solved, and if you have sp2 version of windows just look around on google for a program to fix the "tcp/ip limit on xp sp2"...thats what i had to do, good luck it can get frustrating...

MTS
04-11-2005, 01:14 AM
didnt upgrade anything, the firewall is in the actual router itself i have non on my computer becuse there a pain in the but and just keep my comp clean with other stuff.....hmmm

ScottZJ
04-11-2005, 07:51 AM
Go to the manufacture site and find out how to "get into" your router. You might have that info in the instructions. You should be able to set hte preferences within the router or disable them.