PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale quad opinions??

MO350X
04-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Hey folks,
I found a 2003 Cannondale Cannibal 440 (USA special edition) about 4 miles from my house.
It's in VERY nice shape and appears to be VERY well maintained.
Besides the fact that it's SCARY fast! WHEW! :eek:

The present owner and his family have fallen on hard times.
It's such a depressing scenario......NO B.S., either.
I saw it all first hand.

$2650 buys it.
$7700 quad back in '03.

These things are a techno tour-de-force.
Unreal.

I know, I know...it's a quad.
I am a trike nut through and through.
But for the money, this thing is hard to pass up.
I could never make a 250R/Tecate/Tri-Z this nice (or this up-to-date) for $2650.

Any opinions?

I'll only joy ride it and trail ride it, no racing.
It'll lead a pampered life.

wheelie king
04-13-2005, 10:09 PM
For that money, in the shape you describe, I'd buy 3 of them at that price if I could. JUMP on that. You'll be glad you did :Bounce

TrikerR
04-13-2005, 10:22 PM
seriously awesome...and for that price, youd be crazy not to. man, here 2650 is worth like 5000 and for that i couldnt buy more than a 250ex.

smokinwrench
04-13-2005, 10:23 PM
I was seriously thinking aobut buying an 02 that was near mint appearing a couple monthes back. I done lots of research on it and got skeered. They have several internal engine problems. ATK will repair those problems for $1500 I think and give you a 30 day warranty. ATK website will give the full details. If I were you I would do some serious research before shelling out the cash. Most people that I did talk to about them did love the way they handled.

KASEY
04-14-2005, 12:22 AM
another thing to concider,,, electronics,,,, if you don't have a dealer close that can and will work on it,,, .... there is a guy i have ridden with that has a killer dale,,, it is setting in the garage non running cause it has fuel injection problems ,, they are trying to buy the computer program for the fuel system and ignition mapping software cause they have had alot of problems... something to think about,,,

toyota200x
04-14-2005, 06:38 PM
They are great quads when you get all the updates done to them. Some of the c-dales have no problems and others have a lot. People say as long as you do regular maintence to them they will run. I had a chance to buy one but I didn't because the problems other people have had scared me. Let us know what you do.

Bill X_R
04-14-2005, 07:16 PM
I have an 03' with zero problems once I got it mapped correctly. Like someone said. Some have problems and some don't! Pull the oil filter before you buy it. Tell tale sign of the motor about to granaid if metal shavings in the filter or oil. If they hold together, it's a heck of a quad! Also make sure all updates are done or for that price you might have to do them yourself. Either way it a deal!

REDMAN225
04-25-2005, 10:32 AM
yeah take it. some had engine reliability issues but atk can fix. i love those quads. i'd jump on it!