PDA

View Full Version : flesh eating bacteria from falling off dirtbike

TECATE CRAZE
04-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey... I came across this today on my MSN home page... if this has already been posted I am sorry in advance .

http://www.local6.com/news/4043148/detail.html

Orangecnty250r
04-22-2005, 04:19 PM
I was getting ready to make a joke and when i read the article definetely changed my mind. Very sad story, Cant believe the end result from that.

Mr. Sandman
04-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Very sad for sure. I see they have a donation link set up for individual donations, but maybe something could be set up through 3WW so members could make a donation to him to cover his medical costs. It would certainly help a fellow off roader and be good PR for the 3 wheeling community. Mods?

r00sty
04-23-2005, 08:42 AM
What they don't tell you in there is what type it was, there are alot of bad, "bugs" floating around out there. I almost had the same out come about 4 years ago, broke my leg and the holes where the bones came out got infected with staph and strep, neither of which is harmful in small doses, it's everywhere, we carry it on us just about all the time, but it will do it's thing when given the opportunity. I now have a very ugly left calf/shin, but am thankful to have a leg. :beer

yamahaman89
04-23-2005, 10:14 AM
very sad he must have the worst luck in the world!