PDA

View Full Version : Tacate 250 extend trailing arm

cnemo
01-30-2003, 12:51 AM
Can I extend the trailing arm on my Tacate to get rid of the feeling its going to flip me on my head all the time. If so, how do you suggest I go about it?????????????

djcheez
01-30-2003, 01:15 AM
you can extend it pretty easy if you can cut and weld. cut behind your shock mount on swingarm, then have a piece that slides in both ends. weld that for support. then add a section of desired length and weld.

ATCRYDER
01-30-2003, 02:18 AM
If you mean a trailing arm as in what is used a drag machines....yes.

However: I highly recomend you learn how to ride it, as a drag arm will be incredibly tiresome. If you can thandle the Tecate, sell it someone who can and get yourself a 4 stroke.

Jeb
01-30-2003, 04:17 PM
You can extend any swingarm of any year Tecate.

But, the 86/87 3-wheeler and the 87/88 4-wheelers have ALUMINUM Swingarms. Of course, the welding required is different than steel.

The 84/85 3-wheelers have steel swingarms.

In either case (and I can weld), I would have it professionally welded. And the more you add to it, the harder turning becomes. On the 84/85, I definitely recommend a +2" extension. It still turns great but It helps keep the front end down. 84/85 Tecates have a very short rear end.
The 86/87 I like the stock, but wouldn't mind having a +2 on it also. The 4 wheeler needs help in the width department more than the length. It's a 2 wheeling SOB in stock form.

:-D