PDA

View Full Version : dump truck job

twgranger
04-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Does anyone here drive a Dump Truck for a living? Just wondering because i do. It is a 2002 International 4700 i think. The max weight i can carry on it is 13 ton with a single axle :eek:

bigredhead
04-25-2005, 03:09 PM
I'll trade you for an 8 hour shift of questions from 13 tonnes worth of stupidity in tech support !!!

Mr. Sandman
04-25-2005, 04:17 PM
Does anyone here drive a Dump Truck for a living? Just wondering because i do. It is a 2002 International 4700 i think. The max weight i can carry on it is 13 ton with a single axle :eek:
Who cares? :rolleyes:

OldSchoolin86
04-25-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure but I bet he posted the question to see if anybody else did care. Being it is the OPEN forum I don't think we need to beat him up for seeing if anyone else can relate to his job.

Lots_Of_Nothing
04-25-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure but I bet he posted the question to see if anybody else did care. Being it is the OPEN forum I don't think we need to beat him up for seeing if anyone else can relate to his job.

Go back to doing what you do best buddy. :eek: :D :p ;) :beer :welcome:

To be nice about the topic..

twg, you ever see that dump truck driving around with the bug guard on the front that says "hump er n' dump er"

OldSchoolin86
04-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Go back to doing what you do best buddy. :eek: :D :p ;) :beer :welcome:

To be nice about the topic..

twg, you ever see that dump truck driving around with the bug guard on the front that says "hump er n' dump er"
http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/images/smilies/doh.gifI see your already doing what you do best.

Now to do what you told me to do.......

http://sandwizardsforum.com/forum/images/smiles/director.gifLots_Of_Nothinghttp://sandlakeduners.com/forum/images/smiles/whip.gif

Wickedfinger
04-25-2005, 06:01 PM
If you guys don't care ... then don't post ... Some might call it post whoring if you post and don't contribute anything at all. Are you two whores?. Counts get reset for stuff like that.

Lots_Of_Nothing
04-25-2005, 06:21 PM
If you guys don't care ... then don't post ... Some might call it post whoring if you post and don't contribute anything at all. Are you two whores?. Counts get reset for stuff like that.

yessir, I'm a whore, I have been asking Billy to reset my post count for like a year. If you could delete all my previous posts, that'd be great!, Oh, and, by the way, seeing as humour is totally lost on you guys, I was just messing with twg.

Osin- LMFAO :D

Mr. Sandman
04-25-2005, 06:30 PM
If you guys don't care ... then don't post ... Some might call it post whoring if you post and don't contribute anything at all. Are you two whores?. Counts get reset for stuff like that. Relax guys, my original post was just a little tit for tat for one from twanger (that he's now deleted). Kind of like yesterday's baseball antics between the Red Sox and D'backs. If you're going to reset post counts based on whoriness, there are a ton of others that are much whorier.

twgranger
04-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Yes i said (who cares) in his swingarm post but didn't think it was going to start something, that's why i deleted it. It was only for alittle humor, sorry my bad.

84honda 200X
04-25-2005, 08:26 PM
My dad used to own one for summer jobs. It was a 1987 perterbilt 379 with a 17 foot heavy duty box. We used it for about 5 years and the prices werent that high so we sold it. Two years later we sold the truck to.

MTS
04-25-2005, 08:39 PM
i drive the 2 1972 GMC dumb trucks around my uncles farm....that count? there a death trap on wheels with 427's in them ......"custom mirrors that is a bathroom sink mirrior cut down to size and ducttaped to the existing cracked mounts" no second gear on one, and i could go on-and on-and on- one is purple and the other is aqua green :rolleyes: last year one of the guys working at the farm was dumping and 1 of the hing pins fell out on the back and lifted the whole front end into the air, the hydrolic lines broke and there was a small fire from the fluids on the old exaust pipe which happens to be right beside the gas tank :eek: i never knew that guy could run so fast LOL

wheelie king
04-25-2005, 08:51 PM
I CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh, I had to wade through the hostility to get here....... Anyway, I admire those of you who are truckers and who literally keep this country fed. Without you guys, whether it is hauling dirt or vegetables, we'd be left scratching our head. I may be weird, but I am the kinda guy who runs soda out to my garbage men when they get to the front of my house, and say "thanks".
Good work, and remember, running that dump truck is better than running a pinehandle drag line- a.k.a. --- a SHOVEL. Keep up the good work.

LonesomeTriZ
04-25-2005, 08:59 PM
I drive a semi during my summer breaks from school. Does that count? I haul 53 foot refer unit all over the South.

Wickedfinger
04-25-2005, 09:16 PM
.... ok ..... you asked for it then, sort of. I apologize guys - GAME ON.

Mr. Sandman
04-25-2005, 09:22 PM
It's all in fun, except no one has a baseball coming at their head at 90+ mph.

Bill X_R
04-26-2005, 12:06 PM
I drive a semi during my summer breaks from school. Does that count? I haul 53 foot refer unit all over the South.

Well hey there Refer man...Can you bring some up my way? Always lookin' for some new Smoke! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :D

LonesomeTriZ
04-26-2005, 12:09 PM
The only vegatairian assistance I can offer is all the produce I haul. How about I bring you some tomatao leaves that you can roll up?

dividebyzero
04-26-2005, 01:08 PM
I saw a saying on the back of a dump truck last year that said "happiness is a good dump".I also drive semi.Have to look ya up bill next time i'm in cin city.

Bill X_R
04-26-2005, 08:25 PM
The only vegatairian assistance I can offer is all the produce I haul. How about I bring you some tomatao leaves that you can roll up?

LOL yea sounds good! Actually I gave it up ...Dosent have the attraction it once did!

Bill X_R
04-26-2005, 08:30 PM
It's all in fun, except no one has a baseball coming at their head at 90+ mph.

Every time I see one of your post I start playing that song in my head "Mr. Sandman send me a dream...make it the cutest that I've ever seen"

LonesomeTriZ
04-26-2005, 08:41 PM
I think it is "make HIM the cutest I've ever seen".

ATC crazy
04-26-2005, 08:54 PM
My uncle's drive dumptrucks for a living. One has 2 old Peterbuilts (or Interationals ??? ) that are HUGE. They are much larger than the average truck. If anyone knows what Im talking about.... They are pretty much like off-road dumptrucks that are still street-legal...

350x'inNY
04-26-2005, 08:55 PM

Whatever rocks your boat.... :eek: ... but I dig chicks! :naughty:

Anyhow.... yes... I own a dump truck. I use it around the farm and works good to haul my 3wheelers/lawn mower between the farms. I'll post some pics when I get home. It's a F-350 Super Duty. :beer

Kintore
04-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Every time I see one of your post I start playing that song in my head "Mr. Sandman send me a dream...make it the cutest that I've ever seen"

So true! I always do that, First time I heard that song was on Back to the Future 1

We used to have a few old dump trucks for corn back in my farming days, I got to shift :) (couldnt drive I was small)

Mr. Sandman
04-27-2005, 12:12 AM

Whoa, whoa, whoa, easy there boys, that is sick! Try thinking about the Metallica song "Enter Sandman" instead. Thank you.
:rolleyes:

LonesomeTriZ
04-27-2005, 08:32 AM
cosidering the song was originally performed by a gruop of women. those were the lyrics. Plane amd simple. The next time some has the lyrics wrong I will not say anything and just let them look stupid. Would that work out better for you all?

brapp
04-27-2005, 12:28 PM
i load ** dump trucks, i run a 963 cat with a root rake, with quick disconect bucket, and i also ran a 992 in a quarty for a while, i got fired for bumpin and dumoin too much they got tired of puttin axle seals in thier trucks,lol but now i just got transfered to a 525 log skidder thats wher emy passion is.