PDA

View Full Version : More break-ins...

ATC crazy
04-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Yea, the house pretty much across the road from us just got broken into today. I was riding by the road and an officer came from across the street. He questioned me because they suspect that the people who did this got away on a fourwheeler and a dirtbike. Said there were tracks leading from behind the house and into the woods...and since I was riding mine...he came and talked to me. No, I didnt do it :o

Anyways, I better find a way to secure the fourwheeler, both our motorcycles, and my guns. They have hit several houses right around ours (And we have been broken into several years ago). The only thing stoping me from shooting those F******, is school. Thats when they break in too, and no one will be here to stop them. :mad:

Billy Golightly
04-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Just catch bronchitis for a couple days and camp out in the shed with your SKS and a spotlight...suprise suprise for mister theif...hehehe :D

wheelie king
04-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Guns- Get a good quality safe and bolt it to the floor. Mine is bolted into my concrete slab floor in my closet. Safe cost me 1000 bucks, but worth it.

Bikes- Get some good kryptonite cables or something similar, some good hardened steel padlocks, and lock the bikes to each other, the floor, a support beam....something.

Theft is a crime of opportunity. Theives will usually only take it if it is easy, and accessible. If they have to work hard or make a lot of noise, they'll usually pass it up. Also, on break-ins where the theif breaks INTO a house, most of the time it is someone who knows the victim or someone who has recently visited, or at the very least, the victim has a big mouth and braggs about his stuff to someone with sticky fingers. Be careful who knows what you have. :eek: :eek:

trikerider2oo7
04-26-2005, 08:42 PM
i vote for billy's idea lol

ATC crazy
04-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Cant miss any more than 3 days of school or I will have to take all my final exams...

Edit-

Wheelie-King....I dont have that kind of money. I can only afford something under $100 right now. After I get a job (if they call me back :mad: ) that might not be out of the question. I was thinking about getting a cheap gun locker from wal*mart or Dick's and having a friend weld a couple of large shackles on it so I can put a few padlocks on it.

I just got back from a friend's house, and as soon as I did, I went into the garage and took off the rear tire on the Foreman :D

TravEX
04-26-2005, 10:45 PM
this would be "pre-meditated" , but put a junk (bait) trike or quad out in front of the house and camp out in the bushes that night with some buckshot, :Bounce :beer :naughty:

bigredhead
04-27-2005, 08:55 AM
I got broken into a few times at my previous address.....

I lock my windows and doors everytime i leave.. but i left for a few hours.. with a window open to air out the house.. in the fenced back yard.. and woul'nt you know it.

Lost a DVD player... they had my receiver on the coffee table but left it >> having a 60 lb Sone ES receiver has it's bonuses !!! try running with that puppy on your back !!..

I hate thieves... had i been home..... someone would have needed a wheelchair for the rest of their stinkin lives..

I asked the cop what happens if you kick the living hell out of them.. and he basically replied

" As long as you don't kill them.. you can do what ever you want to detain them until we arrive.. in court , it's their word against yours, that you assaulted them.. but as a cop.. we will back YOU up as the home owner defending yourself ".

I now have a very attentive dog now, and a better location, have not had problems since.

Dan Tenn
04-27-2005, 09:37 AM
I am fortunate enough to where my house is very rarely locked, and I've only locked my shop when on vacation for more than a few days. My buddys and I are all on the honor system, and we all use each others stuff. My neighbors all look out for each other too. Its easy to spot a person or vehicle that doesnt belong. My suggestion would be to talk with all of your neighbors and let them know there have been break-ins and to watch for anything unusual. If the thieves are stupid enough to come back someone will see them.

Billy Golightly
04-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Luckily here in FL, we just had the castle doctrine passed which removed the "Duty to retreat" and changes the laws to where if someone is invading your personal property (Home, or car) you are to expect the only reason they are doing that is to cause bodily harm to you, and as such you have the right to defend yourself with deadly force. You also cannot be prosecuted for defending yourself, or other members of your family while at your "castle" (Home, work, car).

Frankly I find it amazing that it wasn't already like this, I mean to me its kind of a no brainer if someone breaks into my house while I'm there that they are attempting bodily harm to me...heh.

KASEY
04-27-2005, 12:08 PM
when i ride at the dunes i always run a cable through everything,,, but as we all know thats for honest people ,,,, there is a way i have found that makes it real difficult to move a machine with very little effort,,,, i put a lock in the rear disc,, very simple and effective, at night even more effective!!!

thieves want a simple grap and that just makes it a little harder to roll away with your toyz!!!!

bigredhead
04-27-2005, 12:47 PM
When you want to lock up your mountain bike.. run the chain/cable/etc.. better yet *-Lock.. thru the rim and tire with the frame...

cutting thru a tire/rim is a PITA.... truse me !

I drilled a hole in the guide rails of my garage door and put a pad lock thru it.. prevents the rollers from going thru.... the trike won't fit thru the regular door.

Of course.. a determined thief.... having access to all the tools in my garage would be able to cut thru this in a fair amount of time.. but it still creates problems for them. the more the better.

ATC crazy
04-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Yea, our garage doors have a lock that slides through the rail-guide. I will be getting some pad locks this weekend and some cables for the bikes/quad.
If I ever catch someone in our house that does not belong...I will not hesitate to put a few 7.62 rounds through them