PDA

View Full Version : Know anything about spider bites?

corndawg
05-05-2005, 10:38 PM
monday morning i woke up with a bump on my hand and being the idiot i am i squeezed it and it hurt pretty bad the rest of the day. tuesday when i woke up it was all red around the bump and my whole hand was swelled up and i could barely move it so i went to the doc after it kept getting worse and he gave me some pain killers and some antibiotics incase it gets infected but he said there really wasnt anything he could do about it and it would get alot worse before it gets better. so wed. it was swelled up even worse and i couldnt move my wrist at all but toward the end of the day the swelling started going down. today there really isnt much swelling but the "bump" is now sticking up almost 1/2" and is as hard as a rock and the muscles up my forearm are starting to get pretty sore...anyone know any good treatments since it seems my doc isnt exzactly doing anything?

chris200x
05-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Mix some of those painkillers with some booze .lol that should take care of it! I seen a picture of a guy that got bit by a recluse spider. It actually ate the skin away off his foot. Nothing to mess with.

On a serious note: I don't know where you are from and what kind of spiders live in your area but keep a close eye on it. Are you sure it's a spiderbite? did you see the little eight-legged creature or any other critters? If it gets any worse I would either go to the emergency room or a diffrent doctor.

SPD FRK
05-06-2005, 01:50 AM
As a means of payback, kill anything that crawls. Seek them out. Harmless or not, KILL 'EM ALL!!!!
It'll make you feel better at least in your mind.

TrikerR
05-06-2005, 06:40 AM
yea'd id kinda go to the hospital instead of ya GP. if you go to Emergency, its free.

chris200x
05-06-2005, 06:52 AM
yea'd id kinda go to the hospital instead of ya GP. if you go to Emergency, its free.

I don't know how things are down under but up here in the states the only way it's free is if you don't pay them. lol

cliff2302
05-06-2005, 10:12 AM
I had the same thing on my forearm, not joking either. The swelling went down after i got some intravenous antibiotics, and all the puss came out the hole where they lanced it. But, the bump was still there after the swelling went down. I had to get it cut out and sent to the lab to check if it was cancerous- it wasn't. They really had no idea what happened, said it might have been a viral infection. Id sugest going to the doctors, they'll prolly cut it out and check it to make sure its not cancerous.