PDA

View Full Version : engine animation website-moved

cracked junior
05-14-2005, 10:26 PM
i found this site at a different forum. animates how engines work. including 2 and 4 stroke engines. seen several times in here. people get confused how a 2 stroke works. http://www.keveney.com/Engines.html

jeremy

Quickonstep
05-15-2005, 02:15 PM
well going by the 2 stroke animation, it is totally wrong.. there is no "intake valve" persay.. and the piston in a 2 stroke engine never leaves contact with the cylinder wall, that is unless, it blows up then that could happen

Jesse

cracked junior
05-15-2005, 07:13 PM
i think its more a basic explaination of all engines. if you look at the 4 stroke animation. theres nothing opening the intake valve.

Oldshell4481
05-15-2005, 08:05 PM
thats really interesting, that would be a good website for at the high school vocational schools to show how engines worked.. in my marine tech class our teacher drew all this out, very confusing.

Yamahauler
05-15-2005, 08:10 PM
www.howstuffworks.com
thats a way better site, better animations too, shows 2 strokes 4 strokes, anything you can imagine
Just click on auto stuff then under the hood

TRI Z Racer
05-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Quickonstep

There are valves on SOME two strokes. Old two strok engines in snowmobiles used poppet valces instead of reeds and reed cages it wasnt till the 90's i believe that polaris even started doing case reed induction. i think the arctic cat Z370 may still be valve induction. Also almost every diesel engine in existance today is 2 stroke, and almost every one in existance uses valves. The fact that the illustration show the piston leaving the cylinder wall is just a simple way of illustrating the transfer ports id assume.