PDA

View Full Version : How does your tool box mount in your truck?

Live4today
05-19-2005, 01:26 PM
I know someone out there has to have a toolbox in the back of their truck. My uncle gave me his old one when he sold his truck and I'm just curious on how it mounts in your truck. I want to be able to put all my riding gear and tools and what not in it, but not until I anchor it into my truck somehow. Any REASONABLE suggestions?

rustbucket
05-19-2005, 01:37 PM
my truck has a bolt going through the bottom outer edge (open the lid and you'll see a hole) holding it to the box

250rAL
05-20-2005, 10:36 AM
I use a bolt through the toolbox and the siderail of the truck (one on each side) but I don't put a nut on it. Instead I have hitchpin clips. That way I can quickly take the toolbox off if I need the extra room. I put the bolts up through from underneath with the clips inside so they can't be removed if the box is locked.

wanta86r
05-20-2005, 10:51 AM
I use j-hooks- drill one hole on each side of the inside of the toolbox. Push the j-hook up from the bottom. The"J" part of the hook holds on to the lip of the box rail and you then put a nut on the inside of your toolbox where you drilled the hole. This method eliminates the need for drilling holes in your truck box

yamahaman89
05-20-2005, 11:10 PM
i use steel screws and screwit right to the side

Dirtcrasher
05-22-2005, 11:35 AM
I've done them 2 different ways. One way I used a 3/8 threaded stainless rod and bolted that with thin hex nuts into the truck metal siderail - then just a wing nut held the toolbox down. The other I attached it to the plastic bedliner with stainless steel wood screws.