PDA

View Full Version : episode III

bakeban
05-19-2005, 02:48 PM
saw star wars episode 3 last night and i must say that it was awsome. it didnt leave me asking questions like the previous one did. i highly recomend it.

trikerider2oo7
05-19-2005, 07:57 PM
sweet..im gonna go see it soon. its looks awesome

TECATE CRAZE
05-19-2005, 10:20 PM
I saw it 12:00am this morning ... after seeing it... I think it was ok...and this is coming from one of the biggest Star Wars freaks around...he left out a couple key parts and I think it was too rushed the story line ... but I am going to see it again this weekend and maybe after seeing it for a second time I will change my mind .

3 weelin geezer
05-20-2005, 04:20 AM
So, how does count dookoo die in this one?

hondatrikesrule22
05-20-2005, 10:50 AM
We are supposed to go see it this weekend. I am not into Star Wars, but I did like Episode II. I will probably like it. :p I am a Lord of the Rings fan. :D

ATC crazy
05-20-2005, 05:46 PM
They did an episode 2?

SPD FRK
05-21-2005, 04:17 AM
Empirial march plays throughout this post. Please imagine it in your head as you read.
All I can say is, the story is finally complete.
The story line was indeed rushed but it beats sitting in a theater for 8 hours compared to 3. If you want the whole story read the book. If your a long time fan then you already know the story. Hell, You've already seen the movie. Haven't you?!!
The only semi spoiler I will empart is this,
Any warrior worth his salt, Jedi or Sith, would have finished the job at the shore of the volcanic lake.
This series, like any other of the same nature, has been milked.
Why start a series at the third chapter? They had a hit that was not expected. I can't blame them for running with it. George Lucas is a genius for what he's done. How far has this thing come now? Almost two decades I think. There are people out there who have lived thier lives based on this film franchise. Then again that can be said for many films.
I enjoyed the film thoroughly. Especially since I got (official) time off work to take it in :D . There are many forward references to look forward to. I had a hard time remembering the time line. STAR WARS was the fourth chapter and this is the third. Had to keep reminding myself throughout this latest trilogy. I would genuinely recommend this one to any Sci-Fi fan. Particularly those of the Sith persuasion.
Now if I could only figure out how to type Vaders breathing along with the Empire theme music.
See this movie! Whether its in a theater or on DVD (when available).
May the force be with you

Please continue to hear Empire theme music in your head until fade out!

nate b
05-21-2005, 09:07 AM
saw it last nite, I love star wars. I saw Empire srtikes back 4 times in the theater. Its to bad that the series is complete, now I have nothing to look forward to. I think it should have been a 5 hour movie maybe with a 1/2 hour intermission.

jenndnn3
05-21-2005, 09:22 AM
I took my kids yesterday to the matinee. Good movie. I agree on the volcano subject but then it would have changed the whole story now wouldnt it. I shudup now, cannot ruin a movie not yet seen.

sandpuppi101
05-21-2005, 10:25 AM
You know that is awesome too see a thread on star wars in here! 2 things I really have a passion for in life are 3-wheelers and Star Wars and I am 35 years old.I did,nt see the movie yet but I am gonna.I actually found myself last night going through all of my action figures and lookiong at them.Maybe one day I will grow up but you gotta love it!!!!

TECATE CRAZE
05-21-2005, 05:42 PM
a true fan like me would not mind sitting there for 8 hours... man that would be a Star Wars fan dream come true... count me in !I already read the book... if you did you would know what I was talking about , there were things cut out that hope will be on the dvd. I am going to see it again to take in more of the movie parts that were rushed and to see if I missed anything because it seemed if you blink you would miss something .

250r'en +TCB
05-21-2005, 10:49 PM
yeah just got home from the movies. Pretty sweet! Anikan got toasted pretty good!!

markdb420
05-22-2005, 12:36 AM
It was awesome just got home and I loved it. Next up, The Longest Yard, and the Dukes of Hazzard!

OldSchoolin86
05-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Standing in line for hours to see a movie that will be the same next week make no sence to me. :rolleyes:

jenndnn3
05-22-2005, 09:08 AM
LOL Oldschoolin does anything make sense to you? :wondering Our kids get out a week earlier then everyone else, we bought tickets in advance, went during school hours, and no crowds. There was no line. But hey would have stood in line as well. This is what makes life fun!

ATC crazy
05-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Standing in line for hours to see a movie that will be the same next week make no sence to me. :rolleyes:

Thats why I havnt been to the theaters since Episode 1 first came out. Although I didnt wait in any lines....I wait 'til they come out on video :p

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-22-2005, 02:38 PM
I havent watched star wars since the original trilogy, princess liah or whatever, she was a beast with her 80 year old woman hair style.

I started watching that episode I .. And I thought it was the stupidest thing, No offence to all you fans.. But the minute I heard that idiot jar jar or whatever talk, and then later found out he didnt die, I was turned off from the movie. talk about annoying.

OldSchoolin86
05-22-2005, 03:50 PM
LOL Oldschoolin does anything make sense to you? :wondering
LOL, no!

I can see waiting an hour (maybe 2) to get a table at a nice resturant. I can see maybe waiting an hour to see a show. I just can't see camping out or standing in line 8 hours to see a movie! I LOVE movies too but I also like my time better then to give it up standing in a line that long for something that will be the same the next time you go.

Billy Golightly
05-23-2005, 08:19 PM
I just seen it last night, no camping here. 6 people ahead of us at 3:30, bought tickets for the 7:00PM showing, went and ate, went back to the motel, went back and sat in the front row. Very cool movie. I think they will come out with another one...maybe a prequel about how the jedi order got started or something were we can learn some more about the force. I think I might go see it again, it was real good, thats for sure.

chris200x
05-23-2005, 08:38 PM
You can buy it out in the street already! No waiting in lines. :D

Jeb
05-24-2005, 09:24 AM
My wife and I caught the 10:00 pm showing Saturday night. No waiting for us either, no packed theater and no kids!.

I thought the movie did a decent job of tying things together. The opening battle was worth seeing on the big screen. :beer

I haven't read a starwars novel since I was kid and read Return of the Jedi. I might try to read this one. But it's hard these days to find the time to set down and read anything besides 3WW forums! :D

Kintore
05-24-2005, 03:21 PM
My wife and I caught the 10:00 pm showing Saturday night. No waiting for us either, no packed theater and no kids!.

I thought the movie did a decent job of tying things together. The opening battle was worth seeing on the big screen. :beer

I haven't read a starwars novel since I was kid and read Return of the Jedi. I might try to read this one. But it's hard these days to find the time to set down and read anything besides 3WW forums! :D

No doubt Jeb. The opening scene was intense!
I love star wars, always have. I went and saw it thursday night at the 10:40 show. Got home at like 2am lol
Im with you HondaATC, I would really like to see it again.