PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of parting out my trike

TrikeKid
05-19-2005, 11:31 PM
This is not a classified thread its just an opinion question. I've come to the realization that I'm not getting my KLT running and wana just get rid of it. I have tried here for a reasonable price selling the whole bike with no takers, how much do you guys think I could get after parting the whole bike, I mean down to tearing the engine apart. What do you guys think I could get out of it. I am hoping for $250-300 plus to buy a cheapo pit bike but I dont know if it would get that good.

TrikerR
05-20-2005, 06:14 AM
no offence, but i really dont think theres a market for the non-tecate kawasaki trikes. you might get some interest on ebay as they are semi-rare trikes and kawasaki may not still offer all parts.

ScottZJ
05-20-2005, 06:53 AM
Well honestly the KLT's are hard to get good money for and are also hard to part out. The parts just dont seem to fair well on ebay. I had a KLT 250 and ended up selling it whole instead of parting it cuz the parts just werent going anywhere on ebay. I sold mine for 250$ and it was a complete roller, just needed electrical fixed.

Lomax
05-20-2005, 04:28 PM
I have noticed from other people around here that it seems like the electrical is the weak spot on those machines. As for parting it out, I dont think that you will have great success but all you can do is try...

TrikeKid
05-20-2005, 09:05 PM
the electrical problem is that some moron decided to tear the entire harness out. I have a harness but dont have the talent to put it together. I do know of a guy that can get it running but he's hard to get a hold of.

slothminx
05-24-2005, 11:39 AM
The klt's are rare now giving up and parting out a complete trike would be stupid if you have the harness then working out how to fit it just needs looking at the diagram and time, it would be a shame for what sounds like other than this a perfectly good trike to be parted. keep going at it and keep the klt going :)

will

wanna ship it to the uk :p

TrikeKid
05-24-2005, 08:24 PM
It needs more than I'm going to put into it, and I just want the thing out of my shop so I can spend money on my other toys or a trike that runs. Heres a pic. It has half of a motor swap from a KZ200 done(same motor just has CDI ignition) and I have most but not all of the harness. If I can get a hold of the guy that says he can make it run I'll do that for the right price. I'm parting it because I'm not shipping a whole trike and whole KLT's for parts simply dont sell.

Merc4x4
12-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Still parting it out trikekid? I would like to get some Klt parts .. let me know what ya got and where you're at.

danteross77
12-18-2005, 01:51 AM
I parted one out that was in worse shape than yours and still made about $4-500. The CDI and ignition key are hot items. Like you said the motor will interchange with a kz 200 so if you part it out be sure to list motor parts as klt 200 kz 200 in your auction title you will get more hits and better chance of selling, most of my klt 200 motor parts went overseas to germany. I never sold the rims, tires, frame, forks, or handlebars, no interest. everything else sold for atleast $10. If you decide to part it You will make some money, but be sure not to sell yourself short, those are rare trikes and people eat up electical parts for them on ebay. If you have a manual test them first, if not list them as untested.