PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think of woodwardspecialties?

OldSchoolin86
05-21-2005, 11:22 AM
I saw this rear brake rotor that I need for my ex and was wondering if any of you have personaly bought from these people before. What do you think of the item?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4551046871&category=43974&sspagename=WDVW

LonesomeTriZ
05-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Their feedback looks good.

Blown 331
05-21-2005, 11:29 AM
My cousin bought either a billet sprocket hub or billet disc hub (he replaced both) for his 400EX from them. Looked like a very nice item, the stock isn't billet either. Not sure on the rotor. Seems kinda pricey, I'm sure you can find a used stock one for next to nothing unless I'm missing something here?

OldSchoolin86
05-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Their feedback looks good.
LOL, I figured that part out on my own!

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-21-2005, 02:51 PM
I dont know if its just me, but it doesnt look much different then a stock one. For that price, or like 10 bucks more, you can get one of those custom fancy wave ones or something else. I hear you gain atleast 4HP from fancy rotors.

OldSchoolin86
05-21-2005, 03:12 PM
I dont know if its just me, but it doesnt look much different then a stock one. For that price, or like 10 bucks more, you can get one of those custom fancy wave ones or something else. I hear you gain atleast 4HP from fancy rotors.
Well the wave ones are $40 more and the oem is even worse. I guess for 4hp more I could pay a little extra. :p

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Whats wrong with your stock one? Did you pull a smart one and wear the pads down to the backers, and then nicely grind away the stock one?

Blown 331
05-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I'd just get a stock one? Is this your project 440R? Whats the deal with that anyway?

OldSchoolin86
05-21-2005, 06:53 PM
I owed my nieghbor a favor and when everything was in pieces I hooked his quad up with my rotor. He didn't have one and mine was slightly bent anyway. He didn't care about it being bent and I figured I'd just get another one. Well now I'm looking for another one and this woodward place is by far the cheapest I've seen. So I was just seeing if anyone had anything bad to say about them. The feedback looks good but it's still nice to hear if you guys have anything good or bad to say about them.

The project is still alive but it's kinda part of a bigger project that's just gonna have to wait a little bit. I'm still sticking to my TF06 deadline to get her done but there won't be any action for the next couple months. I was thinking (ouch my head hurts), I should probably name it an X shouldn't I? I noticed the newer Honda dirt bikes with electric start are followed by an x and the non-electric bikes are Rs. I won't call it an EX, it's got to be an X or and R.