PDA

View Full Version : check this tank on ebay out!!

Fox250R
05-22-2005, 05:48 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4551606566&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT
man this tank is damn good looking i like the polished mounts and petcock, im thinking bout bidding on this. what you all think.

EDITED: Don't bypass the word filter!

OldSchoolin86
3WW Moderator

Huffa
05-22-2005, 06:53 AM
The tank is very nice but don't get too hung up just because the aluminum is polished. That's childs play to do and doesn't take much effort at all to do.

Even a crap looking tank (like yours??) can be brought back to look every bit as good as this one.

I guess it just depends on if your willing to put the effort in to getting yours to look this nice again.

If not, certainly nothing wrong with buying this one.

I know of where (salvage yard) there are 2-3 R tanks but never inquired about price.

The polished look will quite quickly go back to the dull look anyway. Doesn't take long at all for the process to happen.

deathman53
05-22-2005, 09:47 AM
defentley true, I polished the forks on my 86r to like a mirror, two rides and they had to be buffed again, I did it a few more times and just gave up on keeping the finish. And WHAT a pain in the ass to do it, it was.

Richyrich
05-22-2005, 10:44 AM
If they are anodized, it will be the only way that they will retain their luster. If not, the elements will wear on them after a couple of rides and they will look like your current tank.

BLAZERONE22
05-22-2005, 11:12 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4551606566&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT
man this tank is damn good looking i like the polished mounts and petcock, im thinking bout bidding on this. what you all think. mine lookes like sh** anyways let me know so i can bid if you think it is as nice as i do.

Bid away bro, bid on that tecate tank also for your bike, ooppppps, your going back to green huh? Did'nt you post a thread about sanding and polishing tanks a while back? :wondering I wonder how long that tank on ebay has been stored. I would email the seller and ask for better closeup pictures. Its tough to see sanding marks from 3 feet away.

Fox250R
05-22-2005, 01:56 PM
The tank is very nice but don't get too hung up just because the aluminum is polished. That's childs play to do and doesn't take much effort at all to do.

Even a crap looking tank (like yours??) can be brought back to look every bit as good as this one.

I guess it just depends on if your willing to put the effort in to getting yours to look this nice again.

If not, certainly nothing wrong with buying this one.

I know of where (salvage yard) there are 2-3 R tanks but never inquired about price.

The polished look will quite quickly go back to the dull look anyway. Doesn't take long at all for the process to happen.

you can say what you want, i guess its not a big deal about the polished part if you dont like to have your ride nice, but i like mine to shine all the time so im willing to put the effort in on it! anyways thanks for the input -late-

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-22-2005, 08:17 PM
man this tank is damn good looking i like the polished mounts and petcock, im thinking bout bidding on this. what you all think.

EDITED: Don't bypass the word filter!

OldSchoolin86
"All that and a bag of chips"

That is nice, I've seen alot of them like that lately. Judging by the polished mounts and whatnot, someone is good at polishing,. So I wouldnt expect the finish on the tank to be original.

Huffa
05-24-2005, 06:01 PM
you can say what you want, i guess its not a big deal about the polished part if you dont like to have your ride nice, but i like mine to shine all the time so im willing to put the effort in on it! anyways thanks for the input -late-

Hey, that's great! I'm the same way.

I'm just leaving you know in one washing it will get dull.

In fact they get dull just sitting there with out riding it!

I love things to shine myself and have to do the clutch cover on my motxer every ride if I want it to keep it's gleam.

Just don't pay a penny more for it because it's polished. From my expeirinace, you can do each one in a few minutes with fine steel wool.