PDA

View Full Version : Support your local Boy Scouts

whiteman350x
02-02-2003, 12:00 PM
Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that today is Scout Sunday. My scouts will present the flags at church today. I an asst. scoutmaster of t-55 in Jackson AL. We will also honor our fallen astronauts. One of the crew, McCool, was an Eagle Scout. I am also an Eagle, so his death hits me hard. But, I am very porud to share the Eagle Scout honor w/ such a brave individual. So, everyone spend a few seconds thinking about the Scouts today. Thanks.

Howdy
02-02-2003, 12:19 PM
I was in the Boy Scouts myself when I was younger. How ever do to moving quite a bit while younger, I didn't make Eagle Scout. My middle Boy joined the boy Scouts and Hopefully he will make Eagle Scout. They celebrated Boy Scout Sunday Last week and No one was as proud as me.

My 5 year old is wanting to join now also. The positive things that come from Boy Scouts is huge. It made so much difference in my one boy in 4-5 months that I am totally shocked. I didn't think he could be changed. Mom and me Couldn't change him, but the Boy Scouts did.

GO BOY SCOUTS!!!!!!!!!

Howdy

whiteman350x
02-02-2003, 12:23 PM
Put that little one in the Tiger Cubs, Howdy!! It is for kids younger than Cub Scouts. Great starter program. He will love it.

Howdy
02-02-2003, 12:35 PM
Yes, They have to be in 1st grade and 6 years old for them here. That is this fall and He will be signed up. We have already checked into it. lol
Howdy

HemiChallenger71
02-02-2003, 01:59 PM
I was in cub scouts, but i never went to boy scouts because things just started to get way to religous for me. I still like the program. As a yongers person you can learn a lot from it, as an older person you can learn and do even more.

Rod
02-02-2003, 04:02 PM
I was am eagle scout too. One of the best things that I have ever done. It even got me a job once just because of it. I asked at a car lot if they were hiring & they said no but fill out an app. anyway. I did & the owner of the lot came by & looked at it. He was involved in the scouts for quite a while & still supports them today. He saw was an eagle scout & said that he would find a job for me. I ended up in the detail shop & kind of his personal helper. Scouting is a great thing!

ATCnut
02-02-2003, 08:28 PM
I am also a Eagle Scout

3WheelHouston
02-03-2003, 02:23 AM
I'm still somewhat involved in Troop 707 here in Houston, where I was an assistant scoutmaster for a while. I am an Eagle Scout as well.