PDA

View Full Version : N.B. ATV Jamboree a success

foster
05-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Not many trikes were there, I'm told, but again our boys put on one of the world's great ATV weekends on the planet. (No, I couldn't be there. Next year maybe.)
Thought some of you folks might like to see some pics.
Imagine: 1,500 riders all in one place at the same time.
First pic: Sunday's poker run. You can see the weather did not co-operate.
Pic #2: The annual Freedom of the City parade, right through the heart of host city.

foster
05-25-2005, 01:26 PM
First pic: the rain turned the trails to soup. After more than 1,000 bikes went through the muck, there were plenty of ATVers who took detours through the woods after some stretches simply became impassable.
Second pic: Lunch on Saturday for 1,500. We need another bbq! Afterwards, everyone took off for a poker run. One person was hurt after their quad flipped on a steep hill. Luckily, his wife who was riding on the two-up seat jumped to safety. The injured man was badly hurt but will recover.

bigredhead
05-25-2005, 01:39 PM
the guy who flipped was a friend of my neighbors... he told me about it, saw it happen.

I asked and he said he did not see a single trike.

I'll be there next year rain or shine !

foster
05-25-2005, 03:13 PM
we said that last year, Bigredhead! ;)
Bah! If I don't have my kids at next year's event, I am SO there!

foster
05-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Next year it's in Dalhousie -- long weekend in May. Anyone interested from Maine, Quebec or the Maritimes -- or wherever -- should consider this fantastic weekend of muck, parties and every manner of all-terrain vehicles.

bigredhead
05-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Do you know where it's taking place next year ?

we have to hook up.. along with adam and the R and make it a trike group !

foster
05-25-2005, 03:57 PM
It's in Dalhousie, near Campbellton.
Should be awesome. That's very mountainous area up there. I've been all through it via snowmobile and the scenery is absolutely awe-inspiring. You can go bombing around Sugarloaf Mountain, through the Christmas Mountains, Mount Carleton, etc...
Gonna be a good one, no doubt. I'll have to see how the kids' schedules are, what work is like, etc... but normally the only thing that can hold me back from an event like this is if I gots me kiddies. They always come first.

chris200x
05-25-2005, 04:59 PM
I have never seen so many quads with windshields in my life. What's up with that?

Must be a canadian thing? :D

bigredhead
05-25-2005, 06:09 PM
From one of the guys in the first pictures( George ) : " I'm among the last ones who went thru the huge mud hole that everyone kept going around at teh end of the ride !! "