PDA

View Full Version : this guy is a total jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikey's250sx
05-30-2005, 08:01 AM
i was looking for swingarm bearings for my r and found this set on ebay for front wheel and swingarm ones. had a bin of 21 bucks. i click on it to see what brand they were and i see you can submit a best offer. so i throw out a 7 dollar offer. i only need the swingarm ones and they were no-names so i didn't really want them. this is the response i get from overstockproducts

Thank you for your best offer. In the future, we would recommend that you be careful of what you offer so as not to offend the person that you are trying to buy an item from. We have blocked you from buying, bidding on any of our items.

freakin douche!

twgranger
05-30-2005, 08:20 AM
You have a link to the auction?

mikey's250sx
05-30-2005, 11:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4552647492&ssPageName=ADME:B:BOWO:MT:2

Maine_Triker
05-30-2005, 11:15 AM
What's his problem!? People have a right to offer what they want!!! Jeez!!

wheelie king
05-30-2005, 11:22 AM
You know, I sent an email awhile back to the same ********** moron, inquiring about bearings and what all came in a particular application that he had listed. I received a smart-ass reply a couple days later, suggesting i do some research aqs to what I need before buying! Like I don't know that?!?!?!? I freakin know what I need--- I was simply inquiring as to exactly WHAT HE WAS SELLING. I let it slide, but now that I see that my case was not isolated, I recommend

NO ONE DEAL WITH OVERSTOCKED PRODUCTS. Because, well, they suck.

******Wick-I had to push the envelope a little. Good catch*****

mn-250r-atc
05-30-2005, 11:27 AM
if you need just bearings type in 6007-2rs in the main search tab and you can find them a lot cheaper if you dont need seals.

OldSchoolin86
05-30-2005, 11:37 AM
I just offered $3.50.

AirManCam
05-30-2005, 12:55 PM
$0.99 See what remark I get.

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Hello lots_of_nothing! (Not you?)

Item title: ATV Honda ATC 250R 81-84 Wheel Bearings ATC250R 250

Your Offer price: US $0.01

Maine_Triker
05-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Hello lots_of_nothing! (Not you?)

Item title: ATV Honda ATC 250R 81-84 Wheel Bearings ATC250R 250

Your Offer price: US $0.01

LMFAO!! I can't wait for the responce to that one!!!

ChupaCabra
05-30-2005, 03:25 PM
lol, check out all the offers pending, http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=4552647492

Stick it to him good!

OldSchoolin86
05-30-2005, 05:57 PM
BUAHAHAHAHA!

Responce:

You should becareful of who you offend with your best offers. You have blocked you from buying/bidding on anything we offer.
Thanks!

mikey's250sx
05-30-2005, 06:05 PM
at least he thanked you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AirManCam
05-30-2005, 08:21 PM
I got the same response.

mn-250r-atc
05-30-2005, 08:50 PM
You should becareful of who you offend with your best offers. You have blocked you from buying/bidding on anything we offer.
Thanks!

that is what I got! (jay4ulater)

Howdy
05-30-2005, 08:54 PM
Thanks!

that is what I got! (jay4ulater)

You know what I think? I think it must be another Ebay username for Jerry Lance. Block, Block, Block, lmao
Howdy

SpeedBump
05-30-2005, 09:29 PM
I made him another offer. Hope he takes it. LMAO!!!

twgranger
05-30-2005, 09:33 PM
$3.00 and a cheese burger.

Chicho
06-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Hey may end up accepting the next joke offer if he has ramped up the shipping...

I'll offer him Hepatitis, a smoked salmon, and a hand shake. I doubt that could possibly constitute a real offer. I hope.

Lots_Of_Nothing
06-01-2005, 01:46 AM
He has joined this board, and read this thread, he now knows what we are doing and is trying to outsmart us. Look up the username on here "overstock..." or something like that, i was just looking at it.

Haha tricky tricky. but you sir! are a fool!.

Lots_Of_Nothing
06-01-2005, 01:49 AM
overstockedprod

AirManCam
06-01-2005, 08:49 AM
I would not bid anymore. He is on the board, and knows what we are doing, so he will probably accept your cheap offer, and then have to pay that much for shipping.

TrikerR
06-01-2005, 09:13 AM
dayum, i had read this thread when it first came up so i thought i might stick it to him and place a smart ass offer, lucky i read the whole thread before i clicked "commit best offer"

Dan Tenn
06-01-2005, 09:24 AM
I offered him $0.26. The offer was declined with NO smart remarks. Simply stated: Your offer has not been accepted, thank you for bidding.

Looks like he may have gotten the hint.

overstockedprod
06-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Just to let you know that all best offer items will be done within the next 24 hours, that will be the end of them, So, no more fun for you guys and gals. It was fun while it lasted. As for all the comments, it is amazing what you do for fun, being like little schoolgirls and talking behind someone’s back when they don’t know it. It wasn't hard to figure out what happened and find out who was doing it. WoW, What a knee slap-er, almost funny. As for the insults really they mean nothing, we were not the ones that started it, bidding $5.50 was(that’s the real joke). To cheap to pay the price we would assume. That part time, minimum wage job wont let you offer more.
It is amazing what people will change to make themselves seem better.
Some feathers have been ruffled in the last couple days. So the emails will stop as of today and so will the best offers. Take care have a great time, hope you find someone that cannot find out so easily what you are doing.

slothminx
06-01-2005, 09:43 AM
This all started with you being rude to someone who offered you a sensible offer, why put a best offer on your item and not exspect to get some low offers, im sure that if you had sent a reply back saying, no im sorry but that is below what im looking for, they would have gone back and offered more, but you were rude and it wound some people up. How can you exspect to make any money selling those items now as you just lost your primary market. It is almost certain that no one who reads this thread on this forum will want to even risk doing dealings with you as they will not know whether thier item is going to arrive or not. If you want to make money selling your item you are going to have to be much more curtious than that as we are the people giving you the money not the other way round

will

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2005, 10:01 AM
This guy is impressively stupid and very good at being an idiot. He will never see any of my money. And by the way, I did not notice any one here attempting to hide the fact that you were messing with him. Who does this ******* think he is?

Dan Tenn
06-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Hi there overstock (a.k.a. sherlock holmes). I don't think anyone was talking behind your back, or cares too. The problem was that you were being an a-hole. Us fellow trikers here will look out for each other, and that is what happened. I'm sure you thought it was fun to be a dick with your responses, so we also had fun with you. Please enjoy your lack of sales.

Sincerely, A minimum wage bidder :D

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Hi there overstock (a.k.a. sherlock holmes). I don't think anyone was talking behind your back, or cares too. The problem was that you were being an a-hole. Us fellow trikers here will look out for each other, and that is what happened. I'm sure you thought it was fun to be a dick with your responses, so we also had fun with you. Please enjoy your lack of sales.

Sincerely, A minimum wage bidder :D

Ooh Rah there Dan. Good points made. I emailed my response to him. I think we all should do the same.

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2005, 10:23 AM
I just shared this information with our fellow trikers over on .org.

overstockedprod
06-01-2005, 10:36 AM
As for the low bid. There are low bids and then the ones that are rediculous( or as put a sensible offer), His fell into that. If he only wanted the rears then maybe he should have asked and then the bid wouldn't have been so rediculous but instead he offends us and doesn't bother to think himself and starts a post on the board that we are jerks. As for us being jerks, to a point we may have been but the blame cannot fall just on us. We have helped many people. But people think what they will.
After the second (rediculous offer) one we knew what was going on. Took 5 minutes to find the post here but still when you talk about someone and dont let them in then what else could it be.
As for being stupid, think what you will. Well when we are reading the board there is no talking behind our back, so you dont have to send us private messages stating that you want to make sure you are not talking behind our backs.
We were trying to make a point and everyone gets offended when he did the offending to begin this. As for the group as a whole, you can defend his actions all you want and play the kiddy games that you have. Things will still remain the same, he offended us and we did the same back. But there were many more that followed and dont worry we wont sell anything to you either. So have a great day and enjoy your rides.

sherlock holmes

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Wait one minute there genius. You over looked one thing. He did not intend to offend you. In his mind, he was making a reasonable offer. A simple, polite correction of this way of thinking could have avoided the whole thing. Your response was not necessary. You, in fact are the originator of this bad blood. We simply took the side of our fellow board member after you provoked his anger unnecessarily. Considering his intentions were not to offend, you took the wrong approach. We fought back with the only means we have available. It worked, because it obviously got your attention.

chris200x
06-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Lmao. This thread is great! very, very entertaining. lol

overstockedprod
06-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Maybe you should read the way it was written. He did bid with the intent on offending. It did get our attention but not the way you think it should have. Will we stop banning people yes, but in the same mannor we are taking away the best offer. So does he win, I guess you could call it that. Do more people loose because of it? Yes! So it could be called a win win. If you think that way.

F7Firecat
06-01-2005, 10:58 AM
well I don`t usually stick my nose into things that don`t involve me but I feel the need here.
#1 anyone who has used ebay for purchasing parts for their 3 wheelers knows there`s a tab that says ask seller a question (there for us to use to ask for a specific part)
#2 everyone should base their opinions on personnal experience (not jump on the bashing wagon)
#3 if you didn`t take the time to ask for the specific part & make a rediculous offer what is the seller to think other than what has been stated in the replies to your offers.

I for one wouldn`t haggle with the cost of keeping my beloved trike running & supplying me with hours of fun. As my dad has so rightly said with a toy comes a price. I`m willing to buy from whomever is willing to supply the parts I need no matter what the cost (as long as it`s within reason). If you have had a bad personnal experience chalk it up to a lesson learned & buy elsewhere. Just my opinion but like so many say opinions are like the southend of a northbound person everyone has one & most of the time they stink. Later just my 2 cents, Jim

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Maybe you should read the way it was written. He did bid with the intent on offending. It did get our attention but not the way you think it should have. Will we stop banning people yes, but in the same mannor we are taking away the best offer. So does he win, I guess you could call it that. Do more people loose because of it? Yes! So it could be called a win win. If you think that way.

Well then, how about this? He posted what you said, why don't you post what he said. Then if it was offensive, we will apologize and drop the whole thing.
That sounds pretty fair I think.

OldSchoolin86
06-01-2005, 11:04 AM
I don't think the price is the issue here at all. It's how this guy handled it. When you add the option for a best offer, you better be willing to take some bad ones and not act like a jerk about it.

OldSchoolin86
06-01-2005, 11:13 AM
As for the low bid. There are low bids and then the ones that are rediculous( or as put a sensible offer)

LOL, it's called business, get used to it.

As for us being jerks, to a point we may have been but the blame cannot fall just on us. We have helped many people.

You may have helped others but you WERE a JERK this time. Is it so hard just to admit that you screwed up and treated someone like crap when you could have easily just declined? I could see if he tossed you 3 of these low bids but reacting the way you did for just one is silly.

As for being stupid, think what you will. Well when we are reading the board there is no talking behind our back, so you dont have to send us private messages stating that you want to make sure you are not talking behind our backs.

There never was talking behind your back. I let you know right away that there was many offended by this.

Why is it that you can't just admit that you over reacted? I can see why you’re defensive with a group of people showing our disgust with your tactics but all you had to do was apologize. I guess you’re just not into good business practices and simple solutions.

overstockedprod
06-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Well stated in the first post:
so i throw out a 7 dollar offer. i only need the swingarm ones and they were no-names so i didn't really want them.

To bad it was $7.00

His action of $5.50 and the wording show that it didn't matter but yet he throws out an offending offer. He knew what he was doing as well, we knew what we were doing. But then he has a bunch of people that think there is nothing wrong with what he did.

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Well stated in the first post:
so i throw out a 7 dollar offer. i only need the swingarm ones and they were no-names so i didn't really want them.

To bad it was $7.00

His action of $5.50 and the wording show that it didn't matter but yet he throws out an offending offer. He knew what he was doing as well, we knew what we were doing. But then he has a bunch of people that think there is nothing wrong with what he did.

That is what he wrote here. What did he say to you through eBay? Even if you go by what he said here, he is guilty of nothing more than possibly miss wording his intentions. I do not see how he tried to be offensive.

Billy Golightly
06-01-2005, 11:32 AM
/me pulls out some popcorn and enjoys the show

mikey's250sx
06-01-2005, 12:10 PM
since i started this i will get back in. on the best offer tab i said absolutely nothing. i didn't say i needed only the 2 bearings i just offered a low offer. if he took it great , if not so be it. i was just a bit upset at his reply to me. if he asked why i offered so low i would have told him but i basically got the **** you. not very professional. i'm over it.

jenndnn3
06-01-2005, 01:12 PM
I feel bad that everyone is offended,

First off you cant get bearings that cheap. Some can as dealers.
Second off I believe everyone has at one time or another been told how to achieve very cheap bearings via different companies. Only certian bearings are specialty, but most can be achieved. But you have to get off your lazy asses and cross reference, measure, and double measure. Take your old bearings in with you. Go to any industrial place you can get the bearings. Keep your old bearings just incase there is a mistake on the size sent (trust me I know this one!). Someone took the time to get bearings sizes and as a convience to you, offers them as full kits, for what I see is a fairly reasonable price.
The only major thing I see wrong here is the banning from the guy from ebay. I would be slightly offended as well, but I wouldnt certianly come crying to all my so called freinds going hey guys this guy was rude please do something....

Howdy
06-01-2005, 01:23 PM
/me pulls out some popcorn and enjoys the show

I second that motion.
Howdy

F7Firecat
06-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Again the ask seller a question tab comes into play. By self admission you failed to use it & went ahead & offered what he thought was a rediculous price. I can`t say I would have replied the same way but that being said. I use ebay for both selling & buying & let me tell you it is a game to some who offer rediculous amounts for something they know good & well are worth 10 times what their offer was. Jenn put it just like it should be as well. I`m sure if you had used the ask seller a question tab & explained to him what you needed he would have given you a price on the parts you specified. I don`t hold anything against him for being a business man & getting a bit bent out of shape at the offer you submitted. There are people who SHILL BID & that`s ok but a person willing to give you parts at what I feel is a reasonable price & gets offended at a LOW offer is not what is the sence in that thinking? This thread is quite ammusing if you ask me.

Maine_Triker
06-01-2005, 02:14 PM
LMAO This thread is great. :D

OldSchoolin86
06-01-2005, 03:13 PM
I think anyone on the campaign of price is COMPLETELY missing the point. So what, the kid gave a low ball number. If your not willing to take offers, ridiculous or not, then don't add the option to give them. This man is a poor business man and handled the offer in a totally unprofessional way.

Right now I'm more shocked that this guy has anybody defending him then the offence he made in the first place. At first I gave a dumb offer because it only took 2 minutes out of my day and I believed the guy deserved it. Now I'm involved because the guy is too silly to admit when he's wrong and for some reason people are saying his actions are ok. I'm in sales and service and I know what it's like to get dumb offers. Do I get mad at people and over react about it, no. It's just part of the game. This thread is one of the reasons you shouldn't act like a jerk when it's uncalled for. Now instead of shaking this offer off and moving on with life he's got a few guys that won't buy from him and are going to spread the word on how he deals with problems. That's the big picture here; he has shown how bad he handled a low offer and has raised the question how bad would he handle a real problem?

Like I stated before, if you’re on the bandwagon of price I really think you’ve missed the big picture. I could understand his reaction if this one person harassed him with several low ball offers but he didn’t. I believe that his poor reaction and lack of an apology shows that this is a man who should not be dealing with customers. He has had several chances to make right with the situation but still chooses NOT to be professional with it.

diggerzmound
06-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Ummm, auction, REserve price....

Every auction I have ever gone to low ball gets the merchandise, the only way to protect your item is a ReSerVe price.. Lets not forget ebay is an AUCTION (as per Webster : a sale of property to the highest bidder) site, and the highest bidder get the cake ?! As for adding and OfFeRs (as per webster : to present for acceptance or rejection )button, expect to get offers, rediculous or not, they are offers......

I guess I don't see the point in getting upset over anything..... I don't understand the concept behid blocking a bidder for making too low an offer, it was an OFFER.... If it's too low set a reserve on your offer (arn't we getting anal now!!!)..

Good Luck and have a nice Day Everyone(Hello There OSin86!!)!!!!

TrikerR
06-01-2005, 07:25 PM
what a wanka

F7Firecat
06-01-2005, 07:55 PM
In no way did I say anything that it all pertains to the price!!!!!!! It pertains to the person who is buying the parts is too lazy to left click a mouse on a tab that SAYS ASK SELLER A QUESTION!!!! there is the same tab on every auction that is listed. I will say this much. For those who are looking for a particular part that the fella has listed don`t be lazy & make an ignorant *** out of yourself ASK for what you need. Don`t make stupid offers. 7 dollars is just plain stupid even if they aren`t name brand bearings. Example I just did a steering neck bearing change in my R & for 2 bearings (although namebrand) were just short of $43 dollars. Now you tell me was a 7 dollar offer REDICULOUS ? I think so!!! Now yes he may have over did it a bit but he was bombarded with idiocy & too many offers of little or no value. I see now why we have to struggle to stay afloat at times.

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2005, 08:11 PM
I am with you Oldschoolin. There is more going on here than the price. Also, I do not believe he saw it as a ridiculous offer. He did not realize it was so. To him, that is what the merchandise was worth. What is so ridiculous about that?

OldSchoolin86
06-01-2005, 08:12 PM
In no way did I say anything that it all pertains to the price!!!!!!!

LOL, you sure?

Don`t make stupid offers.

7 dollars is just plain stupid even if they aren`t name brand bearings.

Now you tell me was a 7 dollar offer REDICULOUS ? I think so!!!

Looks like price is an issue to me in your side of this.

Now yes he may have over did it a bit but he was bombarded with idiocy & too many offers of little or no value. I see now why we have to struggle to stay afloat at times.

Correction, he was an ass with only 1 offer, the rest came after his rude move.

AirManCam
06-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Thats it, I had to unsubscribe to this post, im sick of getting a new email every 2 seconds.

F7Firecat
06-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Are you still in need of the bearings here`s a link to some that I purchased to stop the stupidity. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4550728253&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

if you need em I`ll sell em for the rediculous price of 7 dollars + shipping

OldSchoolin86
06-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Are you still in need of the bearings here`s a link to some that I purchased to stop the stupidity. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4550728253&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

if you need em I`ll sell em for the rediculous price of 7 dollars + shipping
Ouch, you could have save a couple bucks with DK, they only want 16.95 for the kit.

F7Firecat
06-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Ouch, you could have save a couple bucks with DK, they only want 16.95 for the kit.

yes they do but you must pay for the convenience of the click of the mouse. I did great for an internet purchase & was able to sit here on my *** & click away. I let the seller do the research for the fit of the bearings LOL

cliff2302
06-01-2005, 10:55 PM
A fool and his money???? Now i see why you got so upset about the $7 offer, you aren't a "minimum wage buyer". lol

F7Firecat
06-01-2005, 10:59 PM
oh my yet another genius Thank you for the compliment cliff

Lots_Of_Nothing
06-01-2005, 11:12 PM
I also would of gone with bikerchickltd over DK, i have dealt with them MANY times, and I always pay the extra couple bucks they charge.. Simply because I have my parts in my mailbox in 2-3 days while i'm still paying actual shipping.

Hate to interrupt, but had to add that.

Now back to it!

Rex Karz
06-01-2005, 11:14 PM
I bought bearings from "overstockedproduct" and got them very quickly. Hmmmmm..........

Chicho
06-02-2005, 01:42 AM
So he doesn't want the Hepatitis, smoked salmon, and hand shake then?

All three are still available fellas... now accepting offers!

TrikerR
06-02-2005, 05:28 AM
ill take the handshake.

Orangecnty250r
06-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Ive been reading this one for a couple of days. I was going to state my opinion on the bearings, prices, auctions, email reply from overstock, etc, etc, etc, and changed my mind.

This one comes down to two sides having a strong opinion on a subject which incited some sensitivity.

This then boiled down to a good old fashion emotional b@ll busting from BOTH sides. Nothing wrong taking something that pisses you off and having a little fun with it. This is all something we love to do now and then.

They say --"There's truth in all humor".

jenndnn3
06-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Oldschoolin the first insult came with the rediculous price offer. And then the guy says well I only wanted one bearing. So add the insult of I am too lazy to ask a question?
The second insult came with the banning. (the price was rediculous). Banning no I wouldnt go that far, but man ebay and emails and silly or intriguing questions just flat get weird.
The ultimate insult came with the "hey guys I been done wrong!" "Go get him boys" http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=4552647492
How many times do I see on this or other boards "hey lets email this seller to death, he is a jerk, wrong item, plain stupid, or omg he converted a trike, or whatever you bored little boys can come up with"
Then the seller gets to see all these posts of how much of whom can be true jerks. (I must admit impressive you found this post.)

I dont know, if we were keeping score
Seller 3 insults directed at him
Seller gave one insult in banning the guy.

OldSchoolin86
06-02-2005, 09:41 AM
I dont know, if we were keeping score
Seller 3 insults directed at him
Seller gave one insult in banning the guy.

http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/images/smilies/doh.gifJenn, if you have and old beater car out for sale in your yard for $500 and someone offers you $200 do you get pissed and chase them off your property or do you shoot them back your offer? I don't know about you but I'd have to say chasing someone off your property is a little koo koo. I'd just shoot them my offer and if this guy thought about what he was doing for a second that's what he should have done too. The fact is the seller put the option out there for offers and couldn't handle it when he got one. The kid started real low, I'll give you that but your supposed to start low when throwing out offers. What was the kid supposed to offer, $19? Now that would kind of defeat the purpose of offers now wouldn't it? Would have it been so hard for the seller to say sorry $__ is my best price?

I couldn't care less about the seller now. As far as keeping score the game was over when he crudely wrote back (1) and banned the kid from his auctions (2).

Seller 2
kid 0

Sorry, I just can't give the kid any points when the seller was asking for offers.

Dan Tenn
06-02-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm obviously confused. Apparently Jenn and Firecat seem to believe as does Overstock that a $7 offer on a set of bearings is so unbelievably insane, that it justified some of the worst customer service around. After the insults by overstock they think it was completely out of line for someone to complain. Am I wrong on this?

Just a question for you three (Jenn, Firecat, and Overstock): Have you ever made a seemingly incredibly low offer on something when asked to make an offer. I have, and gotten deals that would make your jaw drop. I don't think he deserved what he got for a $7 bid, and I doubt you can convince me he did. I deserved it with my $0.26 bid, but I was trying to be an ass after hearing of the awesome customer service. Anytime someone says, "make me an offer", or "whadaya gimme for it?" I start at 1 nickel. Why you ask, simply because the seller knows what they want for it, and are only trying to bargain. I start with a nickel and the seller will usually laugh and role their eyes to which I say, O.K. how much do you need. It usually shortens the negotiating process considerably, and the seller and the buyer get what they want. Obviously $7 is not enough, so put make me an offer greater than seven dollars. O.K. my rant is over. I patiently await your rebuttal. :)

I hope every one that has read this thread learns that unless your willing to get lowballed alot, don't use "make an offer" on the bay.

LonesomeTriZ
06-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Very well siad. Dan and Oldschoolin get the point behind all this. $7 should not have been taken as an insult. Then the response from the seller was uncalled for.

F7Firecat
06-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Thank you for your best offer. In the future, we would recommend that you be careful of what you offer so as not to offend the person that you are trying to buy an item from. We have blocked you from buying, bidding on any of our items.

Tell me this where in that reply do you see any insult or better yet the reasoning for everyone to put their low offers in as well? I think for a reply that seems to be well deserved & yes I think the seller over reacted as well. The first offence came with a poor buyer not hitting (one more time now) ASK SELLER A QUESTION TAB & asking for the specific parts he needed & the price for said items. I for one don`t make offers as I don`t want this problem in my daily life (ask anyone who I have bought anything from) & they can attest to this. Offers more often than not seem to offend the seller of the item. That being said I for one don`t like the fact that everyone bases their opinions on an experience that others partake in. I posted what I paid for a set of rear bearings & without research how do you justify a 7 dollar offer? He was submitting an offer for front & rear bearings & not just the rears as I purchased but am willing to sell for a rediculous 7 dollars + shipping to kill this thread once & for all. I for one don`t hold a dollar higher on a scale than integrity & friendships among the trike riders. This in no way is a personnal attack on anyone but more a question of who drew first offence the seller or all who posted a rediculous offer. Remember there is an ASK SELLER A QUESTION TAB on every auction on ebay use it to your advantage & keep the insults at bay. Now this being said PLEASE BE GENTLE with your comments I may get offended by you guys bullying me NOT!!!!! words are just that words. Later all & have a nice day, Jim

jenndnn3
06-02-2005, 11:36 AM
I just simply say.....Oh this is very hard I cant do it..... No thank you?!?

I said once the banning was wrong.

But my biggest issue is the bullying you all do.

And yes I thought the bearing bid was silly and a waste of time. I dont offer I simply come out and what the least you will take for it? If its above what I want to pay I leave. I also am pretty much straight up with what I want out of what I am selling. Different tactics work for different people. But I am certianly no jerk nor do I hold a grudge against people whom are rude to me. But then I dont travel down that road.

What truley cracks me up is the guy didnt even want the bearing in the first place. So yes he was delibertly (SP?) wasting time.

slothminx
06-02-2005, 11:48 AM
i think what everyone is trying to say F7Firecat is that if the seller had come back and said thats below what im looking for, im more exspecting around $... the guy would have come back and paid that. he could have had his money if he was a bit more rational and less sensitive to the offer made. Yes $7 is low but all it needed was a reasonable reply not a blocking and all would have been happy :D

will

mikey's250sx
06-02-2005, 11:53 AM
a few things.
oldschoolin i am 28 so just past a kid;)

next i did not start this to get a bunch of people on my side to e-mail him silly lowball offers.
third i did not use the ask a ? tab because i viewed it this way,
would this have been so offensive to him if it were a normal auction with a .01 starting bid and a 22 dollar bin and i bid.25 with a max bid of 7 dollars? i may have been outbid but i may have won it for 7 dollars too. i just submitted my max bid of 7 dollars. to me that is not offensive. but a merchant banning someone for lowballing an offer 1 time is very offensive. it is not like i have been hounding his auctions offering low bids for weeks. this is the first and last dealing with this seller.
simple as that.
mike

OldSchoolin86
06-02-2005, 12:02 PM
a few things.
oldschoolin i am 28 so just past a kid;)
Sorry for the kid stuff, my bad.

Jeb
06-02-2005, 01:56 PM
So what, the (28 year old :p )*** kid gave a low ball number. If your not willing to take offers, ridiculous or not, then don't add the option to give them.

*** added by Jeb

Pretty much sums it all up. :beer

I haven't had a chance yet to sell anything with the "offer" option. A seller may consider it to be a hassle because he or she has to go through the time and trouble to respond to what he or she thinks are "too-low" offers. Ebay probably makes you have to respond to every offer. I can see a seller getting tired of responding to them. Perhaps a seller should think about that before selecting the "offer" option. I know I will now, but I personally would never handle low offers that way. OS is right, like it or not, it's bad business.

The seller set up his own auction. "The Kid" :D ;) sent an offer and did nothing wrong.

And I say that going with what I've read here. If "The Kid" consistantly was low-balling this guy and never buying anything, then the response could be justified. If you've got hundreds of people low-balling you only one time and you treat all of them that way, it's your own fault. Not the guys who made the offer.

After reading this very "entertaining" post, I come to the conclusion that the first "offense" was truly the seller's in this case. With that being said, I'd probably still buy bearings from him.

Like it or not, take it or leave it, an offer is an offer. Why get offended by one? :rolleyes:

overstockedprod
06-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Ok, time to put this to bed. Having been in sales for the past 20 years, have I heard everything? Yes! When basing the response that was given, I weighed the price against the offer, everyone still stating $7.00 when actually it was $5.50. First, all the bearings and time associated with it, are worth more the that. So, when it comes down to it the insult from him was the disrespect for the time and energy that was used to assemble the database and packages that are sold. The disrespect from me was what was sent in the email. The age old adage eye for an eye! Did I jump the gun? Yes! Do I think it was a mutual mistake? Yes. Did anyone learn from it? Sorta! As for the old car situation? Lets go this way! You are selling your 250r(that you have invested so much time into) for $4000 and someone offers you $1,000 for it, do you get offended or do you blow it off and make a counter offer? Your first thought is this guy is a jerk and really doesn’t care about it and so now why should I sell it to him. So now you stand your offer of $4,000 but knowing that you would have gone down but why now. He sat there and offended you right to your face. Well the internet allows us all the ability to do things that we would not normally do in person but can hide behind the monitor and get away with. So this is it! If I offended anyone then I am truly sorry but I will still stick my guns about the offending offer.

OldSchoolin86
06-02-2005, 02:37 PM
You are selling your 250r(that you have invested so much time into) for $4000 and someone offers you $1,000 for it, do you get offended or do you blow it off and make a counter offer? Your first thought is this guy is a jerk and really doesn’t care about it and so now why should I sell it to him. So now you stand your offer of $4,000 but knowing that you would have gone down but why now. He sat there and offended you right to your face.
LMAO, WOW! Jeez man, just make your best offer and blow the guy off. No need to chase him away for giving it a try.

ClayW
06-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Dont wear your feelings on your sleeve. Hell I have had low ball offers on all kinds of stuff over the years. Did I get INSULTED. Hell no. I just said to my self, " He must not know what I have here or doesnt care" either way, who cares. I held on to it and unloaded it on someone else for exactly what I wanted or more. Hell I just sold my 85 1100 Sabre streetbike. I completely restored it. I had a offer of $1500 and I just said no way. Thats it. No insults, no banning or crap like that. Just held on to it for another 4hrs and got $3000. No biggie. Thats life. If you dont wont low ball offers. Do put up a auction like that. Hell I have LOW BALLED the hell out of www.priceline.com for airline tickets before and gues what? Half the dang time it works. So step off. There is not bullying goin on on here. Just everyday folks trying to save a buck here and there. Dang. Give me a break. Those bearings are prob made in China anyway. Maybe thats why you didnt get a better offer. :rolleyes:

Howdy
06-02-2005, 04:14 PM
I get low ball offers all the time. If the offer is below what I need to have out of the item I simply say "NO" and or make a counter offer. And I have had some VERY LOW BALL offers. I do not ban the person from buying from me in the future.
I have actually found some of these bottom dwellers end up being my best customers.

Howdy

ClayW
06-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Yeah, Us bottom dwellers!!!! LMAO :D I agree Howdy.

overstockedprod
06-02-2005, 10:33 PM
One more thing, As for a total jerk! I wish I was maybe I would have had tons of women falling for me. But as it stand only the love of my life!

Rex Karz
06-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Basically, what we have here are a couple of good guys that let each other under their skin, which got a little escalated. Like I said (and You know it's ALL about ME), I bought from the guy and the parts came quicker than a 15 year-old on prom night !

The ability to take any insult, and laugh, is one of the best skills anyone can have. If someone came up to you and say "Your stuff is total crap", and You were able to say "Yea, probably, ha ha, ya got Me", even able to make the other person laugh, not only have You deflated all tension in a way that made the other person feel non-defensive, You are in complete control of the situation in a way that allows You access to all of your resources ! I'm not saying that this is easy to do. I'm not saying that I'm really good at this at all times. It takes practice. But if someone was able to teach that to Me 20 years ago, oh, man where I'd be today.

To the Single guys out there: Can You think of any situations where this skill would be useful ? :wondering ........... :p

83200e
06-03-2005, 09:44 AM
:welcome: OVERSTOCK!
Feel free to bicker with us anytime. :D

Jeb
06-03-2005, 10:13 AM
... and the parts came quicker than a 15 year-old on prom night ! ...

:eek: :p LMAO!

LonesomeTriZ
06-03-2005, 10:53 AM
How do you know this information?

overstockedprod
06-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Some people have that special bond and can get that information. :D

OldSchoolin86
06-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Some people have that special bond and can get that information. :D
Some people are special alright. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bigredhead
06-03-2005, 01:19 PM
hmpff... bwaaaaahahahahha.... oh man. that's twice today this place cracks me up!

I can't beleive this thread is STILL going !! wow.

LonesomeTriZ
06-03-2005, 01:21 PM
There actually seems to be some light hearted humor happening here. Does that mean every body is willing to be civil to each other and get this resolved? :eek:

bigredhead
06-03-2005, 01:28 PM
probably.

I know I get pissed at vendors once in a while.. sometimes justified and sometimes not.. things dont' always come out the way they should and in the big picture of life it's really not that important once you cool off.

I got PISSED at the local honda shop a while back.. and i think i had the rite to, but. like it or not.. i have to deal with them for things i need. so it's either be stubborn or get over it.

I got over it.

so should every one else.

overstockedprod
06-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Some people are special alright. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is that short bus special???

OldSchoolin86
06-03-2005, 02:14 PM
There actually seems to be some light hearted humor happening here. Does that mean every body is willing to be civil to each other and get this resolved? :eek:
I'm not willing to give him the time of day yet. He was an ass and has yet to make right on anything. He managed to apolligize and still say the hell with everyone in the same sentance when he did try to look good. He is and always will be on my black list for parts. The only light heartedness you'll see out of him is to get some buisness back and I'm a little smarter then to fall for that crap.

overstockedprod
06-03-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm over it, time to have some more fun.

overstockedprod
06-03-2005, 02:27 PM
The only light heartedness you'll see out of him is to get some buisness back and I'm a little smarter then to fall for that crap.

Thats fine. I am sure that some bridges are burnt and will remain that way.

Wickedfinger
06-03-2005, 02:27 PM
.... Damn, I'm out of popcorn ... Bill, Howdy .... can either of you overnight me some?.

I don't understand the concept behind blocking a bidder for making too low an offer, it was an OFFER.... .... that says it all for me.

83200e
06-03-2005, 02:43 PM
I think he was wrong from the start of it,but I give him a few points for coming on to the forums and hashing it out.

Troll 2
06-03-2005, 03:10 PM
I wonder how the "law suit" is progressing.......lamo http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20026&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

bigredhead
06-03-2005, 03:41 PM
i did'nt know SX was a lawyer.. LOL.. that makes it even sweeter !! .... hahahahaha

350x'inNY
06-03-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm over it, time to have some more fun.

Hey.... you wanna be my friend?? hehehehe I see you are in Bay City MI.... I bought a 250R from a guy (already paid for) ... you do any shipping to the lower part of Michigan? Trucks/business heading towards Chicago? A friend of mine from down that way is heading to Trikefest and can bring it out to me from there if you got trucks heading to say Lansing/Grand Rapids area South.....

Bruce

PS - Here's the thread I'm talking about.... you help me with this... I'll buy bearings from you for life! :beer
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=36534

wheelie king
06-03-2005, 08:10 PM
law suit??????????????

I guess "opinions" on special interest websites are now "slander".

What a freakin JOKE. Idle threat if you ask me.

I'll take "FRIVILOUS" for 500, please, Alex! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Billy Golightly
06-03-2005, 09:47 PM
I haven't gotten anything yet...It must be in the mail :D

wheelie king
06-03-2005, 10:45 PM
***Opens yet another Frosty adult beverage and listens for kernels popping***

MMMMM- I love the extra buttery kind while reading such drama.

(what never ceases to amaze me, is that blatant arrogance and verbose justification are the primary traits of those who do not simply admit their wrongs) -Sorry if you had to bust Webster out for that one-

LonesomeTriZ
06-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Wow, I had no idea you knew so many big words there king. ;)

wheelie king
06-04-2005, 09:59 AM
I should have something to show for my Master's Degree, other than debt! Plus, I was kinda in a froggy mood. That kinda stuff gets me fired up. :D