PDA

View Full Version : Does any body know where to get the best E4OD rebuild kit?

LonesomeTriZ
05-31-2005, 12:06 PM
I have to replace the transmission in my dually. Richeyrich hooked me up with a good deal on a used E4OD because mine is smoked, including the housing. I want to rebuild the one he got me with all heavy duty components so I do not go through this again. A lot of companies out there claim there kits are the best, but how do I know who is correct.

My truck is a 1995 F-350 dually with a Powerstoke and all the stuff Banks offers for it. I have semi bud wheels and ties on it and I pull a thirty foot horse trailer and a twenty foot car trailer.

If any of you have any suggestions let me know.

OldSchoolin86
05-31-2005, 01:12 PM
I'll look around for ya because I was in the same boat a couple years ago. I found one place that was highly recomended but they were just way too expencive. When I find it I'll let you know. The E4OD is a horrible trans unless you want to fork out a few grand. I smoked 3 of them in my f250 (couple grand a pop), then I went to the junk yard and got a C6, had the drive shaft lengthened and never bothered getting this high dollar one. LOL, 3 E4ODs couldn't take it but a $200 junk yard C6 did. I lost over drive but I was using it for towing so it didn't matter to me. If I find the catalog I'll let you know.

LonesomeTriZ
05-31-2005, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the assistnce. I am taking out a loan to get this one biult right. So I know what you mean about the expense.

max
05-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Im In The Trans Industry. I Am A Shop Owner. 3rd Generation. Id Recommend Getting A Kit Through Transtar Industries. A Standard Oh Kit And A Shift Kit(update Kit) Will Do For A Nice Oh.
K7300a- Master Oh Kit
K73089- Shift Kit
Fk73800- 2wd Filter
Fk73800a- 4wd Filter

I Could Order This Stuff Up For You If You Would Like. I Also Do My Own Converters Here In House. I Offer A Nice Strong Heavy Duty Converter For The Diesel Application With A Billet Cover. Just Let Me Know If I Can Help You Out .
Max

LonesomeTriZ
05-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Im In The Trans Industry. I Am A Shop Owner. 3rd Generation. Id Recommend Getting A Kit Through Transtar Industries. A Standard Oh Kit And A Shift Kit(update Kit) Will Do For A Nice Oh.
K7300a- Master Oh Kit
K73089- Shift Kit
Fk73800- 2wd Filter
Fk73800a- 4wd Filter

I Could Order This Stuff Up For You If You Would Like. I Also Do My Own Converters Here In House. I Offer A Nice Strong Heavy Duty Converter For The Diesel Application With A Billet Cover. Just Let Me Know If I Can Help You Out .
Max

That brings up another question. What kind of coverter should I get, I know mine is bad, but the $800 and up price tag I have seen is a little scary.

how much are your kits and converters? Also, what makes a coverter better than the stock one? I am not real familiar with this relm of mechanics.

max
05-31-2005, 03:28 PM
I Could Get You Everything For About 750 Plus Tax And Ship. Heavy Duty Converters Are Always Better For Diesel App. Heavy Duty Meaning Beafing Up Empeller Fins. Stronger Clutch Lining. Billet Machined Cover. Different Stall Speeds. And Other Minor Odds And Ends To Make It More Strong A Durable To Handle The Torque!!

Max

OldSchoolin86
05-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Sorry lonesome, I can't find it. Good luck with the rebuild, I never had any with those E4ODs.

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2005, 08:00 AM
I Could Get You Everything For About 750 Plus Tax And Ship. Heavy Duty Converters Are Always Better For Diesel App. Heavy Duty Meaning Beafing Up Empeller Fins. Stronger Clutch Lining. Billet Machined Cover. Different Stall Speeds. And Other Minor Odds And Ends To Make It More Strong A Durable To Handle The Torque!!

Max

That sounds like the best price so far. Does that include a new torque converter? Is that a better than stock kit? What is so special about these kits they charge $1500 and up for. The transmissions I have looked at will cost $3200 and up. But they all swear I can do my worst to it and it will hold. That is what I am hoping to accomplish in this biuld. Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions?

Billy Golightly
06-01-2005, 08:37 AM
I still say do the ZF5 spd conversion to it....:D

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2005, 08:47 AM
I still say do the ZF5 spd conversion to it....:D

I'm too lazy to shift gears. :p

SPD FRK
06-01-2005, 03:46 PM
spd conversion ....:D

I don't do that stuff. Hes lieing!!! :p

Billy Golightly
06-01-2005, 07:11 PM
I'm too lazy to shift gears. :p

:eek: Well I wasn't figuring on driving all the way to haspin by myself! :p

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2005, 08:13 PM
We'll be fine. I will simply stay in first gear as far as possible. :cool:

max
06-01-2005, 09:53 PM
who is going pull it out. and whos overhauling it?

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2005, 10:03 PM
who is going pull it out. and whos overhauling it?

if i can figure out a way of getting it out, I will. The truck is to tall to pull it out in my drive way.

1shot
06-03-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm shocked nobody mentioned the most important part, no matter what kind of tranny your using if you have a good heavy duty transmission cooler it will help sooooooo much.
You have to keep them cool or they will all fail. Heat is the number 1 killer of auto transmissions.
I have a E4OD in a 92' F-150 and I pull a 19' camping trailer (loaded with everything & a kitchen sink), a 20 foot trailer loaded with 5 trikes.
Last august on our honeymoon we borrowed a 24'? (I think) toy hauler from a friend and I towed it from central Arizona to Las Vegas then to San Diego and back. It was hotter than hell and through all the mountains and never had any problems. Ya gotta keep the trans. cool.

LonesomeTriZ
06-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Now that is a lesson I have leraned the hard way. i now run two large coller with an electric famn on one and an external gilter. I also plan to run a deeper pan with a temp guage.