PDA

View Full Version : plastic restoration

q_r86250
06-03-2005, 11:20 AM
hey guys, i know everybody has a trick to keeping old plastic shiny,

but my trick, it totally revamps plastic, i have used this trick for a while now, starting on a 1995 cr 250 the white plastic seemed beyond repair thats how discolored it was i scrubbed and scrubbed with a toothbrush all sorts of cleaners and had very little effect on it , until a allaround pioneer of offroading told me what to use , not wd 40 , kaboom , clr , lime away , or even a plastic renew kit.
JUST a chemical called SOFT SCRUB WITH BLEACH...

this stuff blew my mind it worked on all plastics foglight covers fender decks
gas tanks any plastic you can think of

but i still had doubts when using it on my 1984 trimoto 225 rear fenders , the were weather , sun faded so bad that the original yellow fender deck was now white.......... i really had to scrub this stuff in real good for an hour , i let it sit and the fade practically wiped off! all i used was a plain white t-shirt to rub it on with and wipe it off with too .

let me tell you that was the best 1.89$ i have ever spent in my life it worked so well the fenders almost looked factory again, minus the stickers and decals.

so for anyone out there who has a faded set of plastics i recommend this

SOFT SCRUB WITH BLEACH ...... you will be impressed yourself!

bigredhead
06-03-2005, 11:39 AM
diluted or full strengh ?

SAFETY NOTE : wear gloves and old clothes if you attempt this.. it will turn black clothes pink.. and anthing else white. including sneakers !!!!!!!.... will burn skin and cause fumes if mixed with anything containing amonia that can kill you !

I'm sure it works good on white plastic.. but i'm curious to know how it reacts to colored plastic ???? the yellow is still yellow ?

Yamahauler
06-03-2005, 07:22 PM
does it make it shine, or just get rid of that brown oxidizaton?
what does it do to decals?