PDA

View Full Version : Wantaddigest SCAM!

AirManCam
06-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Hey fellas, I recieved this email due to the fact I am selling an older snowmobile of mine...I think I have heard of this scam before, heres a copy of the email.
From: Jeremy William <jeremywilly4@yahoo.com> [Add to Address Book] Flag Message | Mark Unread
[This is spam]
To: Josh <airmancam@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Enquiry...ARCTIC CAT EXT 600 TRIPLE 1997 -$1,900
Date: Jun 3, 2005 1:16 PM

Dear Josh,
Thanks for the mail,i also like to thank you for being
interested in selling your (Arctic Cat Ext 600 triple
1997) to me,as regard having made me to know the
asking price for the (Arctic Cat Ext 600 triple 1997)
we can then go ahead with this transaction rigth
away..,In respect of payment i have a client in the
United State who is owing me and he has agreed to
issue a Certified Cashier's Check of $4,500.All i need
to do to make payment easier and faster is to instruct
him to procure the Certified Cashier's Check and mail
it to you on the address and name you want on the
Certified Cashier's Check ,since i am not in the *.S
But i would want to know if i can count on you to send
the outstanding funds to my shipping agent via Western
Union Money Transfer or Money Gram on reciept of
recieving the Certified Cashier's Check you deduct the
cost price of your (Arctic Cat Ext 600 triple 1997)
$1,900.and you send the remaining funds to the
shipper,so that they can start to process the
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING DOCUMENTS and come for the pick
up of the (Arctic Cat Ext 600 triple 1997) at your
location to me.Mail me as soon as possible to enable
me arrange payment.Furnish me with your details as
follows:
FULL NAME THAT WILL BE WRITTEN ON THE CHECK.....
YOUR FULL ADDRESS.... NOT P,O BOX
CITY.....
STATE...
ZIP CODE......
COUNTRY....
OFFICE PHONE NUMBER....
HOME PHONE NUMBER...
CELL PHONE NUMBER...
So I can forward it to my client in the United State
who will issue the Certified Cashier's Check for the
payment.And pls do get back to me with the pictures of
the (Arctic Cat Ext 600 triple 1997) so that i can see
what am paying for.
Thanks and God bless.
Regards,
Rev Jeremy..

The guy is asking for pictures, after I already sent him 2 in a previous email..what is up with this crap?

foster
06-03-2005, 03:32 PM
It's how crooks launder dirty money.
And if you get involved in this, good luck explaining to the cops that you thought the whole thing was innocent.
It's a total scam.

250RNUT
06-03-2005, 03:43 PM
What happens is that the cashiers check you get (you do get one) is no good. You can cash it at your bank but as soon as the bank finds out it is no good your in deep crap along with the your bank account.All that guys interested in is getting the difference in the money before you find out that you have been ripped.thats why the difference is always alot of money compared to what your selling. Remember,the bank never takes the loss...

bigredhead
06-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Quit the communication right now !

don't answer.. don't give any phone numbers or addresses etc.

that's a auto-reply ( in the brackets ) system type of thing.........

some people's kids.. sheesh.

AirManCam
06-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Well, he has my phone number, but then again thats all he probably needs. I dont think he will be able to find crap on me on the internet easily, because my number is unlisted..but I Think im just gonna put him on me spam list :-p

OldSchoolin86
06-03-2005, 04:10 PM
I dont think he will be able to find crap on me on the internet easily, because my number is unlistedIt's easy and free to get "unlisted" info on the internet. I'd post the web site but I don't want to help advertise for these type of people.

VABCH350X
06-03-2005, 05:48 PM
I get those emails every time I advertise something on the net. Sometimes I like to play along with them some, string 'em along to make them waste their time.

There are no extradition laws pertaining to West Africa (where nearly all of these scams originate, whether they say so or not), so scammers are free to manipulate gullible sellers with no fear of reprisal.

You can bet that all of these criminals are poor, bottom feeding scum without any means of doing you any real harm, so I like to give them my phone and fax number as I string them along and let them rack up a nice phone bill calling from Africa. Of course, I never give any of the actual bank account info they ask for, just enough to get their hopes up and make them waste their time and money on me.

I figure the more time they spend trying to rip me off, the less time they have to steal from someone who doesn't know better.

Cheers!
-Paul

Macs
06-03-2005, 07:09 PM
i always tell them to send the cashiers check and when it clears the bank i will then send the machine, that usaully shuts them up real quick

250r'en +TCB
06-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Yeah you see scams like that on the news often.
The next person who says they want to buy the snowmobile tell them, $$$$MONEY TALKS and BS WALKS$$$$- AC/DC
By maney I mean cold hard CA$H!!!!!!!!!!!

wheelie king
06-03-2005, 08:15 PM
DO NOT get involved in those kinda swaps. Do not even entertain their BS. Stuff like this is investigated by Law Enforcement every day........ use your imagination as to how I know that.. :D