PDA

View Full Version : Tecate engine swap

KingTecate
02-04-2003, 12:55 AM
Has anyone ever heard of a person swapping a tecate 3 engine into a four wheeler frame? Its just a thought that i have had. I love the way my tecate screams but i want something that i can really throw around in the woods. Or should i just stick with having the tecate and just keep using the mohave to fart around in the woods with? MAN i want a 2 stroke quad!!!!!!

Jonathan
02-04-2003, 01:07 AM
Kawasaki made a Tecate 4 from 87-88. Maybe you should try to find one of those.

Jeb
02-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Right prior to the introduction of the Tecate-4, Team Green constructed and raced some 86/87 KXT 3-Wheeler powered Mojaves. The were called Mo-Cats.

I've never really looked into it because, as said before, there is a Tecate-4. If I could find a late model blown up Mojave or a complete rolling chassis very cheap, I wouldn't mind dropping in my 86 Tecate motor. It wouldn't hurt the 3 wheeler at all, it would just set idle with no motor. Then I thought, why use the 3 wheeler motor, use a late model KX250 motor. Or even better, a new KX250 motor in a new KFX 400 rolling Chassis.

I've thought of the same thing with the Tri-Z and a Blaster frame. But again why use the out-dated Z motor when you could use a late model power-valved YZ 250 motor.

:-D

KingTecate
02-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Does anyone have any info on the mojave engine swap? Beleive me, i would love to get my hands on a T4, but i have never seen one in maryland. lol around here people don't even know what a t3is. its a pain in the butt to get parts because they can't understand that kawasaki used to make it and not decate. But anyways, the deal with me wanting to swap the engine into a quad is because so far the only money i have spent on the bike is for the all-trek tires and a bit of carb and bearing work. I got the bike for free from this guy that was to scared to ride it, cause he got hurt bad on it. So i figure if i can buy a rolling quad,, no engine, and swap in the t3's i would have a screamer for less than buying a used quad. Any other ideas on what frame might work?

250SX
02-04-2003, 08:42 PM
it's still a bad idea. sell the bike & go buy a quad

Tecate performance
02-05-2003, 12:34 AM
yea keep it a trike. also the tecate 3 motors didn't have counterbalancers so in the quad frame its probably going to vibrate more