PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Insertion fees??????

MTS
06-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Insertion fee: US $ 30.00
im tryin to list something, ebay wants 30$ to list it WTF Is this? first time listing...help.

x.system
06-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Insertion fee: US $ 30.00
im tryin to list something, ebay wants 30$ to list it WTF Is this? first time listing...help.

What is it that your trying to list?

Starting price, reserve, catagory all play in the insertion fee. If your listing something of high value with a high starting price or high reserve the fees will be greater than listing something at say $9.99. If your listing a vehicle insertion fees are always higher than parts fees.

MTS
06-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Well it was just a top end, 1$ starting fee no reserve....thats why it didnt make sense to me.....

x.system
06-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Well it was just a top end, 1$ starting fee no reserve....thats why it didnt make sense to me.....

What catagory were you in? Sounds like you tried to list it in full machines or something. When the catagory box's open up, get it down as far as possible for the cheapest insertion price. As long as you word it right everyone will see it. When I list a part I always put Honda 250R, year, then the part in the top line. I think most people search by brand and not by part anyway unless its something they are specifically looking for.