PDA

View Full Version : new yellow tri-z shroud!

twgranger
06-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Never seen one of these before!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4553637279&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

twgranger
06-07-2005, 08:40 PM
It is now at $128!!! It is made of gold, LOL

chris200x
06-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Geez... $152 for a shroud. I take it they are like the tecate shroud. Few and far between. I see he also has NOS rear fender for the 200x. Seems to be in very good condition.

Orangecnty250r
06-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Itll feel at home with this stuff. The tecate shroud I bought was alot more expensive. I picked up this shroud because I recently picked up some other tri Z stuff. I am working on my 86 right know but I may build one of each color eventually.

I may cash in on something this week on ebay thats why I splurged tonight. While looking for an 86/87 NOS Tecate tank I found one. Shaking in my shoes as the guy went to pull it out it ended up being an NOS tecate 4 tank which has been discontinued for a while. I dont need it but bought it. We'll see what happens on the auction block with it. NOS tecate 4 fenders went for 455 last week.

chris200x
06-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Doesn't maier make aftermarket shrouds for the yamis or the tecate. I know they do for the honda's. Maybe those guys should get with the program huh? But I know there's nothing that beats the old NOS/OEM. I'm baffled by what you guys pay for a piece of plastic :D

x.system
06-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Geez... $152 for a shroud. I take it they are like the tecate shroud. Few and far between. I see he also has NOS rear fender for the 200x. Seems to be in very good condition.

I saw those fenders in person, they are new leftovers, I think he had 2 sets.

Orangecnty250r
06-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Maier used to make for both the tri Z and the Tecate . They no longer do. I would never pay that much for something that is ridden, Purely for a show trike (nothing beat NOS for a show machine). I document with in a portfolio for each bike I build, Save NOS parts wrappers and numbers and print auction pages.

HornetPowersports on here and ebay has made killer replicas for the 86/87 Tecate shrouds and headlight. Very High quality and shiny green plastic that the color matches. I can say that from experience--- I bought them.

Yamahauler
06-08-2005, 01:41 AM
I have some Tri-Z rad shrouds from my parts bike that i'm willing to get rid of for $150.
haha

Orangecnty250r
06-08-2005, 07:20 AM
I have some Tri-Z rad shrouds from my parts bike that i'm willing to get rid of for $150.
haha

If yours parts machine is made entirely of NOS (NEW old Stock) i'd be interested. If not I'll have to pass.

What ever happeded with Dantecate and all the new parts from Japan. Havent seen any posts from him lately.

chris200x
06-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Dantecate=phil shortman....

Do you know of anyone who sent him money? He did mention to me about 2 weeks or more for parts to arrive then he would post some pics. We'll just have to wait and see.

Maine_Triker
06-08-2005, 01:13 PM
That same seller has loads of NOS parts, he already listed a Hondaline fairing and several other rare ATC acccessories. Oh, he also had some of those yamahauler floorboards.

Yamahauler
06-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Dantecate sent me a PM when he first joined as a member looking for a Tri-Z foot peg. If he can get any OEM part, why would he need mine? Just a suspicion though

My parts Z is not for sale though, unless you do want to pay $150 for a rad shroud then I'd be willing to give it up.
I dont really want to sell anything off of it just in case I need some in the future. But for that price, I think anyone would get rid of it.