PDA

View Full Version : I COMMITTED ADULTRY.... I rode a 450

RideRed250R
06-07-2005, 06:13 PM
i committed adultry guys....... i broke 1 of the ten commandments, i rode....... a YFZ450 05, ........ all it has is a retarded exhaust mod... and the rest is pretty much stock.... I FELL IN LOVE... its not my 250R but its damn near everything i would want out of a quad... i jumped it and it flew like a bike.... i raced around a track in my grandmas backyard.... and i loved it.... it runs like a two stroke... it almost has a "hit" in the powerband like a pinger.... i dont know i might be seeing one in my future...... i can get the yellow and balck for 4300 out the door with my work package... so at end of the summer i might be gettin me a 450 for the dunes... anyone got any input on how they ride in the dunes... i rode one before but not like a test run like i did on this one... i have no bad things about them anymore.... the one i rode was a 04 and i only made a few runs wiht it and was unimpressed but this one when you get some time to actually lean on it and run it man it was like it was on a rails... all input about the 450's are much needed, iam really looking into purchasing one

250r'en +TCB
06-07-2005, 06:48 PM
go ahead! het a 450r or yfz. However, don't forget your roots! One day that 250r will be SO RARE!!! When you are an old man, you'll be the only one with a 2 stroke quad! You can tell all the young people "Those where the good old days. The days before the damn enviornmentalist got to our sport and killed the almighty 2 strokes" Then they can ride it and piss there pants!!!

x.system
06-07-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm also looking at buying one for this next winters ice racing then I can run 2 classes. My friends 450 I raced last year was very hard to get around and then they changed them and put the 450's in a different class half way through the season.

He just got back fron the dunes with his last weekend and was spanking built banshees with it in the drags. He's got all the mods you can get for them right now and he says he likes it better than the 250r trx. We've owned trx's ever since they came out, he still has one he has set up for TT and I have 3 yet but I have been debating for about a year now. I am thinking I will wait and see what 06 has to offer before I buy.

RideRed250R
06-07-2005, 06:59 PM
well i have stated i work at a motorsports store......and the secrets iam hearing around the water machine are... honda is going to release the trx450R with a upgraded cam profile, jets, and baffles.... (sounds liek the hrc kits coming standard) second rumor is yamaha is trying to go out of house for shocks..... elkies standard????? probly not but should be interesting.... but..... here comes the mother... now the 450R was a bust it wasnt up to the standard of the rumors but the LTZ450 is everything and more... its the same engine out of the Rmz450 dirtbike, but isnt tuned down.... better suspension, +2 a a-arms and axle... suspension travel is supposted to be close to 12 inches and is going to be 100% race ready... yes 100% the best quote from my manager is this is going to be the NEW TECATES!!!! this is going to be a great quad... but yamaha already has a great quad... i think iam going YFZ and see if suzuki will really be all that much faster
adam

smokinwrench
06-07-2005, 07:59 PM
yes 100% the best quote from my manager is this is going to be the NEW TECATES!!!!

So does that mean it is going to be plagued with electrical problems as soon as its released.

I have rode a highly modded YFZ quite a bit and I love the power and handling. It just needs more cushion in the seat it feels like your setting on a board.

deathman53
06-07-2005, 08:24 PM
I have a crf450r motor in a quad chassis, long travel suspension, +4 a-arms, lsr frame, and it rips, its handles so good, its like the wheels are glued to the ground, you can go around a turn how fast you want it and it won't 2 wheel, its not super wheelie happy like all the 450's. I just put a 500cc big bore on it, and its even faster. You should check out a trx450r, before you make your purchase. I don't like how a yfz handles, the handle bars are way too low and that one had a +1 stem. The particular one I rode had some bump steer.

wheelie king
06-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Well, If you had to do it, you picked the right quad. Truly an impressive machine, for sure. I have had the luxury of ripping out on one myself. Definitely the next big thing in sport quads--- all kinds of aftermarket parts coming out, and the bike's popularity is growing like crazy. And for good reason.

skippy
06-07-2005, 09:41 PM
i have a yfz with a +2 stem.. and the bar height is great for me,.i always loved my 250r's but after getting on this yfz im not sure.. its modded out, but def not like my r's and i have alot less into it..

as far as the seat goes, yes repad, but i swap out cover on all my seat and reline so no biggie

rm125zr440
06-07-2005, 11:20 PM
I've seen a few of them in action and a couple at the brule dunes and they are good machines but just arent the same as a 2 stroke in the sand. If you are looking for the best hillclimber its still a good banshee. As outdated as they are they will outclimb absolutely everything in the dunes. everything else besides hillclimbs they are definately one of the best quads out there hats for sure

RideRed250R
06-07-2005, 11:34 PM
yah.... iam unsure, i wonder if i should get a bansee..... or a yfz or just pimp out the R.... i dont know..... i do, do alot of dune riding and the bike would be my dune bike.... i dont know.... we will see at the end of the sumer what i can do..... might just pimp out the R or i dont know... i love the 450 tho...
adam

rm125zr440
06-08-2005, 07:50 PM
If you really want the 450 and keep the r you should do up the r as a dune machine. I dont know about you but i dont see many r's in the dunes and how sweet would it be to see a nice old trx stomping banshees up a hill that would be sweet. or custom build a custom framed trx 500 r with a cr500 engine :wondering

RideRed250R
06-09-2005, 02:28 PM
hmmm.... i think iam going 450.... cause if i dump anymore money into my R i will never get that much out of it... were iam looking at the prices of used 450's and its just like the show room.... so who knows... i think iam going 450, that quad is nuts and all i need.
thanks for all the opions i really appreciate that!
adam

hrc85250r
06-10-2005, 11:53 PM
you guys can buy your 450's and sell me your 250's for cheap...to pay your payment with.... o yea, i can build a 250r with the same amount of money you spend on a new 450 and whoop you.

MTS
06-11-2005, 12:36 AM
If you really want the 450 and keep the r you should do up the r as a dune machine. I dont know about you but i dont see many r's in the dunes and how sweet would it be to see a nice old trx stomping banshees up a hill that would be sweet. or custom build a custom framed trx 500 r with a cr500 engine :wondering
wait till i get out there this summer (Hopefully) ill be walkin all over the shee's on the tri-z buwhahahaahah..... :D :beer

Fox250R
06-11-2005, 12:37 AM
My buddy put about 2 grand in his banshee and it only beats my R by about a bike length draging at the sand dunes... Every time he beats me i think to myself hummm i can deal with that LOL....I believe his banshee is a 410 and it flat out moves..The dune we race up is about 200 yards or so..I take him the first 60 yards or so then he really starts to fly..And all the times we have been down there,no 450 has ever beat us.. :) SO sick to a 2 stroke :TrikesOwn

Pigga
06-11-2005, 02:14 AM
My Buddy i ride with has one and 80% of our riding is at the dunes and WOW every time he goes he is Usually the fastest bike there next to the 400+ horse power sand rails he has beat every Bike, trike, quad he has lined up against except his little brothers YZF 450 it climbs faster than any water pumper ive seen all he has done to it is a CDI box intake and exaughst. and yes it does have wings off like a little 4 foot kicker he will get atleast 20+ feet of air thats up not out. the only problem with them is they are Very uncomfortable to ride all day the seats kill you the hole bike is just Small i couldnt ride it be cause i cant turn the handle bars all the way cause my legs are in the way 6'5'' 230 and yes there max carrying capacity is like 220.... so i bottom it out quite easy

Tri-ZNate
06-11-2005, 07:49 AM
The local ATV shop's owner has a YFZ 450 and he brings it mud boggin too. He has had everything possible done to it retarding the cam a tooth, even bigger carb, and thats about it since they are already race ready. He runs like 120 octane in it too. He clocked it on an airport runway at 93 mph at 3/4 throttle and had to let off because it was getting too wobbly.****** fast!

CodyRx7
06-14-2005, 03:31 AM
They have a redesigned YFZ450 and the 660R is now a 700R EFI.. You might wanna compare the 2 YFZs before your purchase...