PDA

View Full Version : Being on V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N !!

bigredhead
06-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Absolutely rocks !!!!

Started drinking at 12 in the afternoon.. passed out for a few hours in the back yard in the lawn.... got a wicked sun burn and could'nt be happier !

:)

MTS
06-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Bahahaha.....sounds fun.

Macs
06-07-2005, 09:32 PM
YOU SUCK!!! you make me jealous, i have one of them jobs were you get three weeks vacation a year, but you cant use them. i do a specific job and when i am not there it kinda shuts down everyones work. i am trying to get off a couple of days for the birth of my child but i do not think that is going to happen.

wheelie king
06-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Vacation is nice, huh? Mine starts in 3 weeks. I will be fishing almost every day! Flats boat hooked to the truck, and no looking back.....The beauty of it is, I ALWAYS catch a buZZ, at the very least. I'm suprised my boat does not say "Sponsored by Michelob" on the side! :beer :beer

ENJOY, bro!!!!! :w00t: :w00t:

x.system
06-07-2005, 09:42 PM
YOU SUCK!!! you make me jealous, i have one of them jobs were you get three weeks vacation a year, but you cant use them. i do a specific job and when i am not there it kinda shuts down everyones work. i am trying to get off a couple of days for the birth of my child but i do not think that is going to happen.

There is no job worth missing the birth of your child, especially your first. I have 2 and was at both. I wouldn't trade those 2 days for anything. If its your first child you will understand why once it happens.

Macs
06-07-2005, 09:51 PM
yes this is my first, its just a job like mine is very hard to come by, but i am trying to get one of the managers to fly in and take over for a couple of days, but then i do not know when the exact day will be, if i do take off with out no one to fill my place then like 100 employees will have to be sent home.

wheelie king
06-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Barry- sorry to go off topic, but x.sys is right. Mine is 6 months old, and I was therre when she was born..... I would not trade that time for the world. I am not a sappy/ soft guy, but words can't describe the miracle of birth. It is truly amazing.

A DAY of VACATION for that, is worth a LIFETIME of memories of a wonderful occasion.

Macs
06-07-2005, 10:03 PM
well thanks for putting in your 2 cents, it has made me think. i bet if i apply myself hard enough i can work something out. also thanks for not ripping on me too hard.

smokinwrench
06-07-2005, 11:27 PM
I also have a job that is hard to take off on short notice.

Maybe your wife will be like mine she doesn't have kids naturally. Gotta induce labor, so you know what day your gonna have them. Heck we thought my boy was gonnna go through puberty befroe he was born. I sya no matter what you gotta be there when the kids are born.

foster
06-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Bigredhead, you're making me jealous! Man, the weather could hardly be better.
Mine are the last week of June (for the kids) and the first week of July (for the girlfriend.)
I reserve a week in the spring for myself for fishing and week in the fall for myself for hunting.
Oh, and I'm taking an extra week this year, last week of Aug/first week Sept. for drinking, triking, sleeping, goofing off, being an idiot, all that fun stuff.

TrikerR
06-08-2005, 09:13 AM
last year all me and my mates headed to a small town north of here for new years. we were there for a week. 40 cartons of piss, 12 guys 10 girls and 4 tents. what a week. we were drinking from 8am to 8am. cant wait till new years this year

cliff2302
06-08-2005, 01:24 PM
I've been on vacation too, since Spring 2002. But i call it a vacation from life....college
:beer . Too bad i'm gonna still be paying for it when im 40, lol

bigredhead
06-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Well.. already wednesday night....... 7 days go by real quick when you're havin fun !!

Actually worked today.. friend has a lawncare business and needed a hand... spent the whole day yardworking !

and i'm putting up a fence on friday for a friend !!!!!

vacation ?????

honda200
06-09-2005, 10:37 PM
dont feel too bad there bigredhead, my summer vaction (from high school) involves moving my neighbours to their new house, and my family to our new house in the same week, then i have to build my music room in the new basement (that was the stipulation that i got, i sleep up st airs in the new house, but one room in the basement is my music room)

have fun on the vacation!

Curtis