PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Sancho
02-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Hello.

Im new to 3 wheelers

Im thinking about purchasing used one

I was wondering

are there any 3 wheeler magazine out there (new ones)

Also

Why Honda,Suzuki,Yamaha stoped making them????

Mobular
02-04-2003, 03:10 PM
There are no 3 wheeler magazines currently being published, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for one. The support base just isn't there to maintain such a venture.
The reason that manufacturers stopped building trikes, was due to pressure from special interest groups, and their lawyers, claiming that the machines were inherently unstable , and were capable of inflicting severe injury, and even death upon an unsupecting victim :rolleyes: . I guess that no-one had considered the vast number of injuries and deaths, sustained by motorcycle riders and pro sports players. These numbers greatly outweigh the comparativley small number of injured trike riders. Guess that these other activities should be deemed dangerously unsafe, and made unavailable to the public! Right? Somehow I think it won't happen. Anyways, the world has moved on , and the buying public's thinking has been permanently altered to the point that trikes will never be mass produced again.
Long live propaganda! :rolleyes:
Some info is available here: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/List.shtml

P.S. The proposed lawsuit would have stopped sales of trike is the US alone. Sales could have continued in the rest of the world, but with the greatest percentage of sales effectively blocked, manufacturers halted production, due to the minimal sales being quite unprofitable.

ATCRYDER
02-04-2003, 04:01 PM
THeres no magazines that cover 3 wheeler.......unless you go look for old pre 1988 Magazines.

Manufactueres stopped making 3 wheelers in 1987 in an agreement which stated they could not make bring 3 wheelers into the USA for 10 years (its called the consent decree and came into effect in 1988).

Rob

ATC crazy
02-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Speaking of the Consent Decree, how is the site doing on the online petition? I really hope it pays off. Does anyone think that if this petition passes, the manufacturers will start building 3wheelers again?

ATCRYDER
02-04-2003, 09:51 PM
Nope.

Never.

ATC crazy
02-04-2003, 10:06 PM
That sucks!! Well, I guess I will just have to fabricate new ones in my garage in my spare time. I'll throw some of those new engines from the dirtbikes into a new aluminum frame. Anyone want to take some early orders. :D Ill keep it in the back of my mind.