PDA

View Full Version : WHY its good to have a garage....(which i dont have)

speed20
02-04-2003, 07:27 PM
Well.....was checking my top end to make sure it was getting oil...Started it up and my throttle was FROZE!!!! and its like 20 degrees and im not stayin out there!!! so i brought the cable and stuff in and fixed it...just waiting for a NICE DAY!!!!

ATC crazy
02-04-2003, 09:27 PM
On Monday, it was about 62 which is unusual for this time of year. We just got a new garage but no heat yet :(

jeswinehart
02-04-2003, 11:42 PM
this why i hafta have a garage,,, mrs. won't let me do this sorta thing in the living room.

jeswinehart
02-04-2003, 11:46 PM
and she say's i leave stuff all over too. i am sure what ever i need is in that pile of stuff on the bench (lol) !

jeswinehart
02-04-2003, 11:53 PM
i just finnished up "whittling" a homemade grab bar kinda like the one shown on my 350x for a friend,,,

ya gotta love a heated garage in the winter time !

Jonathan
02-05-2003, 12:39 AM
John, I like your 55-gallon trike stand. I think I'll borrow the idea if you don't mind.

jeswinehart
02-05-2003, 08:02 AM
you bet Jonathan, have at it !
i was gonna buy a atv lift but they didn't get the machines up high enough,,,, thought i'd just build my own. well you see what i ended up with,,, works good for me.

john[/b]

G-MAN-1
02-05-2003, 07:24 PM
i hate a messy garage like that....ORGANIZE,ORGANIZE :D

jeswinehart
02-05-2003, 10:12 PM
lmao !

Tri-Z_Jim
02-05-2003, 11:16 PM
Hey Brad,Do you keep your machine covered at all??? This might help. Materials might cost around $100 + heater but its alot cheaper than building a garage. Get some 2 x 4 's and plywood and/or tarp and a kerosene heater or similar. Frame out a box that your machine fits into,Make it at least 2-3 feet longer than your mahine,then cover the top and 3 sides with plywood or tarp.Then put the machine in with the heater and close it off(dont melt your plastic),leave an opening at the bottom and top someplace so the heater can breath.I got the idea from GMAN,he always kept his blaster in one when he didnt have a garage,although it never had heat. ATV's last alot longer when they are stored out of the weather....keeping it clean helps to.

I have a 20 x 30 2 car garage.Its organized enuff for me,I know where everything is :) .I have an electric hoist that will pick up whatever the roof trusses will hold.I picked up the front of a 78 chevy p/u so an ATV is nothing.When I finish riding my Blaster its usually caked with about 30 or 40 lbs of snow/ice.I raise the blaster to the ceiling so it thaws quicker. When I have the wood stove going,the area by the ceiling is usually 10 to 15 degrees warmer.I have an old 100 gallon propane tank converted into a woodstove.When I fill it with wood,it burns for 2-3 days...already had the roof on fire once so I dont fill it anymore...just enuff to keep it warm.

J.D.
02-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Hey TriZ_Jim...looks like you've got a few YTM's there, I'm sure over the years you've had to get parts...where do you buy?

Tri-Z_Jim
02-06-2003, 01:04 AM
i only have 1 YTM200,The mint one is mine,the faded 225 dx belongs to someone else.The partially dissassembled yellow thing is my other TRI-Z. I bought the ytm in August.I only had to replace front wheel bearings.The rest of it is original and in great shape.I have a YAMAHA dealer 5 minutes from my house that I'm friends with.He used to own my red tri-z and he also has quite a few trike parts sitting in the packages with lots of dust on them.

J.D.
02-06-2003, 01:33 AM
Ahh, that does help.

FullBore
02-06-2003, 04:23 PM
I'll put some pics of our garage at home on soon, but here are some pics of the workshop where I work and the last is of the showroom, as you can see we have a few lawnmowers!

http://natshorses.hypermart.net/images/workshop.jpg

This is our mower workshop, Dave on the bench nearest does Cylender or Reel mowers, Rob on the next bench does Rotaries and John at the end does Weed wackers and chainsaws.

http://natshorses.hypermart.net/images/lee.jpg

This is Lee working on a Countax mower, we have 2 lift benches and we also and service Suzuki Farm ATV's and these fit on the benches too.

http://natshorses.hypermart.net/images/showroom.jpg

This is the showroom, we sell everything from Hayter to Mountfield to MTD, Cub Cadet, Suzuki, Yamaha, Flymo, Mantis, Countax, DR, Agria and Sthil Saws and Brushcutters, and more!

Nat

I will post pics of our workshop at home and my collection of junk soon!

350xRock
02-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Hey Tri-Z_Jim : How long is the ramp you used to get the wheelers up on the shelf in your garage? I have been thinking of doing that in my garage and was trying to engineer the best portable ramp to do so. Your input and anyone elses would be appreciated. I was thinking about maybe a permanently attached draw bridge type ramp that I could raise out of the way when not in use,99.9% of the time.. Obviously my portable ramps I use to load onto my pickup are way too short. I have some ideas,but why reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. Thanks 350xRock

Tri-Z_Jim
02-08-2003, 01:14 AM
I grab the rear bumper and a fork and lift them up w/o even breakin a sweat.lol I use three 16' 2x6's for ramps.I nail them to the edge of the shelf,1 nail per ramp.Then I support the ramps by putting chairs under each ramp with the ramp resting on the back of the chair. I push the trikes up backwards by hand.Sometimes they get crooked 3/4 of the way up and i have to roll them back down and start over.When I roll them down I use the front brake slightly to slow it down w/o skidding the front wheel.I can have both Z's up or down in 5 minutes.The YTM200 takes a bit longer,heavy mofo.
I had ideas for other ways of getting them up and down but I think the 2x6's work best.When your done you just pull the nails out.I store the 2x6's under the shelf out of site.I have limited space in my garage so a big bulky folding ramp(drawbridge) was outta the question.My cieling hoist would work but its not anywhere near the shelf.If I find an easier way I'll let ya know

350xRock
02-09-2003, 05:27 AM
Tri-Z Jim: Thanks for the input. Your method sounds like a good one. Now all I have to do is build the shelves.
350xRock