PDA

View Full Version : Bayou 220

jimv
06-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Just got a Bayou 220 for $200.00. It seems to be in fairly good shape. No cracked plastics. Cranks on the first pull. Don't know about the electric starter yet, it needs a new battery. The shifter shaft is stripped so I had to use some vicegrips to shift it. It drove around the yard fine using them to shift. The front end has some slop in the king pins and it has no brakes. Anyone know how much king pin sets are? I am thinking about $40-50 for the shifter shaft and lever, probably around $40 or so for new brake shoes. So it looks like maybe another $200 and I'll have a decent 4 wheeler for the kids.

Mike_Ham_250R
06-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Thank you. My uncle bought one for $1100 and he loves to brag about it (even though all my trikes were cheaper). After showing him your quad that will give him a nice up of STFU. LOL, Anyway that was a good deal.

jimv
06-14-2005, 11:46 AM
I try to find stuff "cheap". My most expensive 3 wheeler was $10.00. Got the go kart in the picture for $10.00, the ATC200 for free, one of the Yamaha 3 wheelers was free and the other was $10.00. I had a CR250 dirt bike I traded a older computer for. I got the computer free. Sold the bike for a grand. Wish I still had it now though. On a "cheap" note does anyone know who has the best prices/selection on quad parts? I called my local dealer and they wanted $210.00 for a kingpin set and the shifter shaft/lever. That's too high for me!

Thanks,
Jim