PDA

View Full Version : Rare Disc guard...

86250RZ
06-14-2005, 03:15 PM
by Maier for 85/86 250R. I know i've seen a few people on here asking about them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4555677527&category=43973

Pickle
06-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Looks like the one that was given away as a door prize at TF05. lol
Howdy

twgranger
06-14-2005, 09:49 PM
That belongs to Orangecnty250r

Orangecnty250r
06-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Yeh its mine. I listed several rare items. I just got blasted by a guy who emailed me tonight. As Ive always said people are entitled to their opinions and some of you guys may agree with him. He was highly critical of my pricing (especially on my NOS tectae 4 tank). Many of you know how high I've had to go to acquire some rare parts for my rebuilds. I just want them to be perfect. So when it was time to sell I was very honest in my auctions and set a price.I respect these machines and try to build the best but although i do well in life I am not made of money. Selling some of this will allow me to bid high on stuff in the future that I will actually use on one of my rebuilds. If i dont get that price- I would like to keep these items for my collection-- no big deal. I set it at my worth -i wont shill bid. List it and forget it is my motto.

Here is his email and my reply::::

first of all i would like to say your pricing is outright rediculous. i myself have bought and owneda couple of tecates yeah the parts are hard to find sometimes but 250 for a gas tank man come one your rediculous!!!!!! one reason is they never go bad and you cant see it so who care what color it is for all i care it could be bright pink. its just people out there like you who make it hard for us atv rebuilders by charging way to much on some parts. you will never get even close to 250.

My Reply::::

Before you start talking to me that way let me tell you about me. I build ATVs (4 out of my 8 racing 3 wheelers are now showroom OEM condition and I do alot on ebay.
I had to pay $433.00 for a right tecate shroud oem
Over $400 for an OEM headlight cover Tecate
Over $200 for chain guard guards for a tecate.
$100 for a new headlight cover Tri Z
$150. 00 for a new shroud Tri Z.
Plastic number plates have hit $ 200 with many bidders

I had bidders up my arse for these auctions.
Thats the tip of the iceberg what I've purchased this year. Look at my feeback I'm respected. So Yeah I'm a bad terrible person with ridiculous pricing (Give me a break). I and others have to spend alot of money to get parts we need at times so why not try to get some back with stuff we dont need. Is that so bad.

First of all they were 151.00 retail (Tecate gas tank) and they sold out at that price so i figured an extra 100 for a discontinued item for a 18 year old machine item would be a good find. If no one needs them because they are covered why did they sell out??? I have 10 people with it on there watch list. If it doesnt sell -it doesnt sell, i dont care--- it will some day for that price or more. I will email you the final auction price whether its today or 5 years from now since you felt the need to open your mouth with something you seem to know nothing about.

Lastly if your not interested and have nothing positive to say mind your own business. Thank you I was bored this evening and enjoyed typing this.

Thats how I ended it. I'd like to hear some opinions on this one. Is it so bad listing something this way ?? That is ---What you really want for it.

Hornetpowerspor
06-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Yeh its mine. I listed several rare items. I just got blasted by a guy who emailed me tonight. As Ive always said people are entitled to their opinions and some of you guys may agree with him. He was highly critical of my pricing (especially on my NOS tectae 4 tank). Many of you know how high i've had to go to acquire some rare parts for my rebuilds. I just want them to be perfect. So when it was time to sell I was very honest in my auctions and set a price. If i dont get that price I would like to keep these items for my collection no big deal. I set it at my worth i wont shill bid. List it and forget it is my motto.

Here is his email and my reply::::

first of all i would like to say your pricing is outright rediculous. i myself have bought and owneda couple of tecates yeah the parts are hard to find sometimes but 250 for a gas tank man come one your rediculous!!!!!! one reason is they never go bad and you cant see it so who care what color it is for all i care it could be bright pink. its just people out there like you who make it hard for us atv rebuilders by charging way to much on some parts. you will never get even close to 250.

My Reply::::

Before you start talking to me that way let me tell you about me. I build ATVs (4 out of my 8 racing 3 wheelers are now showroom OEM condition and I do alot on ebay.
I had to pay $433.00 for a right tecate shroud oem
Over $400 for an OEM headlight cover Tecate
Over $200 for chain guard guards for a tecate.
$100 for a new headlight cover Tri Z
$150. 00 for a new shroud Tri Z.
Plastic number plates have hit $ 200 with many bidders

I had bidders up my arse for these auctions.
Thats the tip of the iceberg what I've purchased this year. Look at my feeback I'm respected. So Yeah I'm a bad terrible person with ridiculous pricing (Give me a break). I and others have to spend alot of money to get parts we need at times so why not try to get some back with stuff we dont need. Is that so bad.

First of all they were 151.00 retail (Tecate gas tank) and they sold out at that price so i figured an extra 100 for a discontinued item for a 18 year old machine item would be a good find. If no one needs them because they are covered why did they sell out??? I have 10 people with it on there watch list. If it doesnt sell it doesnt sell i dont care--- it will some day for that price or more. I will email you the final auction price whether its today or 5 years from now since you felt the need to open your mouth with something you seem to know nothing about.

Lastly if your not interested and have nothing positive to say mind your own business. Thank you I was bored this evening and enjoyed typing this.

Thats how I ended it. I'd like to hear some opinions on this one. Is it so bad listing something this way ?? That is ---What you really want for it.

Nothing wrong at all. I have e-mails like that too. Some people are happy to see that stuff and get a chance at it, and some people are arrogant ***** holes. I think that your reply was to the point and not out of line at all. If that guy has the nerv to criticize what you are doing, then the e-mail you recieved from him was just a waste of your time. All in all, Good reply and keep listing your items as you like, after all it is your auction!

x.system
06-14-2005, 11:10 PM
I agree, start it at what you want for it then nobody has to wonder about the reserve. If they don't sell try it the other way, start cheap and put your reserve on it.
Some people love the thrill of the auction so the higher starting price may keep them away. I also think people will use snipes more often on a higher starting priced part.

How about fixing that honda gas tank auction? :D

Orangecnty250r
06-14-2005, 11:20 PM
How about fixing that honda gas tank auction? :D

Thanks-- I guess a yamaha part Number doesnt work there. Thats a NOS yamaha Tri Z switch # discontinued (not the blaster one) I decided not to sell. I have two of them. :D

I'll take your advice if none of this sells, Ive never done reserve auctions before because of the hidden reserve (I figured I'd just put the price right out there) but I'll do try it for whatever doesnt sell this round.