PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Tecate Dan?

Meat-BoX
06-15-2005, 08:15 AM
He pops onto the Site, says he has Tecate Tanks and all kinds of NOS parts for all wheelers. I asked him for Pics of the Tank and the Phone # so I could deal direct. I allso asked if I could Pay Cash On Delivery. Were talking about $400 I wanted to spend. After I asked him to do these things to protect myself, he hasnt gotten back to me and I havnt seen him around. I want a New Tank for my Tecate just because it will match my Maier Fenders. My tank is sweet but from closer than 10' you can see its a little lightrer than my Fenders.

Has anyone dealt with Tecate Dan? He had a post count of like 8 so I asked him these things for my Protection. If he is ligit I want Parts. If he isnt I want him to go away. We dont need another Phil Shortman. I feel the next one like Phil will get an ass kicking as they deserve. Seems Phil got off pretty easy.

Orangecnty250r
06-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Sometimes if it sounds to good to be true .........You know the rest>>>.

I was skeptical when he said "Didn't you guys ever think Japan may still have some of these parts in storage"" Does something come in from Japan in two weeks??. Do they have nothing better to do with their space in Japan than use valuable storage space to store parts for 20-30 year old machines that they are not selling?? We all hope that its true including myself --so we hold onto hope, as unrealistic as it may seem at times (because Hey you never know! He just has to prove himself). We all know there are some of these parts out there in basements ,attics, garages, etc. I think he felt a little heat. If it were true he would keep us updated on progress. Dantecate where are you?? Am I wrong???

Dirtcrasher
06-16-2005, 08:03 PM
I called him on it in every post he made and people STILL trusted him. I hope too many guys didn't get burned, maybe we should have a 100 posts plus rule before you can even sell anything on here! I'm tired of these guys popping on here and screwing members.

cliff2302
06-16-2005, 11:15 PM
I dont think people actually gave him money. He said once he had the parts in his possesion he would take pics and then they could send him the money. I'm not that sure, i just kinda stayed in the background so i could see if it was a scam or not.

RideRed250R
06-17-2005, 12:57 AM
i belonged to another forum that we would just go on with our talkin and then one guy BansheeBob409cc is the only name we can tie into with other names would come on get your aim screen name and would talk to you on there and tell you about such parts and blah blah but see once he screwed like 3 members over they blocked him or expelled his ASS!!!!!!! cause we all were mad, well he got another email hoped on the forum again and did it like 3 more times everytime he got more sneaky... i wouldnt doubt if atcphil is back on another name! my rule of thumb.... i only bought from people who had over 200 post counts and the person had to be freinds with people on here, if i could see them name each other, craig, derrick... stuff like that in a convo then i knew that they must have been freindly
adam
always watch your back