PDA

View Full Version : 1988 suzuki 230 quad sport

hotroddal
06-22-2005, 12:19 AM
i have found a 88 quadsport in pritty good shape,it hasnt ran in about 6 months, and is in great shape, he is selling it to me for 300$, so my question is, is this a good reliable machine when i get her going and are they powerful, and fun to ride.

Trackburger
06-22-2005, 05:53 AM
I used to have an 88 Quadsport back in the day, it was white and blue. I rode that thing forever and never had a problem with it. Its fun to ride, pretty peppy and handles pretty good. Just make sure you change the oil and filter often and you should be set. Congrats!!! :beer

short4stuff
06-22-2005, 08:22 AM
i have found a 88 quadsport in pritty good shape,it hasnt ran in about 6 months, and is in great shape, he is selling it to me for 300$, so my question is, is this a good reliable machine when i get her going and are they powerful, and fun to ride.

I dont want to start anything, but sometimes I find it hard to believe what you actually own ... why would you want a "little" thing like that when you have a Liquid R .. and a 350x? ..

Word is they arent "peppy" ... with they 11-12 hp stock.. its like a 200x

OldSchoolin86
06-22-2005, 09:36 AM
My buddy has an 86, they're great little back-up machines and good for friends. I'd say for $300 you should go for it. For that price you could make a buck or two on ebay if you didn't like it.

hotroddal
06-22-2005, 11:20 AM
wll im gojng to go ahaid and buy it, but first i gota come up with a little bit more cash, i told him to save it for me, and he said he hasnt told anyone else about it being for sale so its gona be aved for me, its pritty cool little machine i think, it has realy nice suspention by the looks of it anf very small and light, i think it will be a fun little machine,and by the way, even thogh i have a liquad 250r, 2 aircoolers, 2 200x's, and a 350x, i am always looking for anything that looks like its powerful and fun to ride to buy, and by the looks of this quad i gota have it.

rm125zr440
06-22-2005, 12:04 PM
My best bud used to have an 85 quadsport, man that thing was a blast to ride. With the short wheelbase and low end it had you could wheelie it easy, he could wheelie it in 5th for a very long ways. i think he bought it off an uncle or something and they had made a pretty much straight pipe for it and wow it was loud but it had a bark like no other machine i've ever heard. the only problems he ever had was the chain would fall off if the sprockets werent good and wasnt tightened properly, top end had to be redone, rear bearings and brakes would wear out fast in anything wet or muckey and eventually something in the tranny went and they sold the poor thing for parts :cry: . But ya they are fun to ride but if it has been neglected i would just leave it there or find somebody that wants it for parts because once old suzukis have been beat up they are done and you will be forever trying to fix what somebody else was too lazy to, Good luck thoguh

hrc85250r
06-25-2005, 07:35 PM
they are decent little bikes and last forever....almost like a honda....

putinexim
06-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Not to jump on someone elses post but does the 230 quadsports only produce

11-12 hp stock?

OldSchoolin86
06-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Not to jump on someone elses post but does the 230 quadsports only produce
?
Yes, most smaller engines make small numbers like this. That's about all a 200x would make stock.

Tri-ZNate
06-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Post some pics when you get it. My dad has been riding his '86 since '86 and the only thing that has went on it was the bearings, cause we go water boggin :naughty:, but yeah they are a reliable machine and fun for jumping