PDA

View Full Version : Ebay is driving me nuts....

dblshockpower
06-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Been trying to accumulate handle bars and racks and some sellers describe their stuff the way it is, and then the M/F's that say it's "straight" and you receive clearly twisted or bent merchandise...well it drives me nuts!..anyone that gets ripped by these misrepresenting goofs and doesn't leave appropriate feedback is part of the problem too....this a-hole deisel_parts just sent me twisted bent junk! but look at this description :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4555483114&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

then here's his reply when I demanded a return:

Hi,

I think this is a case of buyer remorse and I withdraw my refund offer.
You are going to give me negative feedback no matter what I do. Bear in
mind that you have threatened me with a negative feedback.

Have a nice day.

How convenient for him keep the PayPal and say He "thinks" it's buyers remorse...it's almost laughable if it didn't cost me $32.00.

How can I fix this rotton c-sucker?

smokinwrench
06-25-2005, 12:46 AM
Wait and give him negative feedback at 89 days 23 hours and 59 minutes. You can only give feedback for 90 days so he won't be able to give negative in return.

I would also file a fraud complaint to paypal. Also send a complaint to ebay.

grundlegrabber
06-25-2005, 12:55 AM
Well first off I tnink this belongs in the ebay discussion forum.
Here's my suggestion to you. Not sure what you said when you emailed the seller, but watch losing your cool and flipping out on them. You gotta try being nice about it at first, even though you're pissed. Threatening with negative feedback should not be done unless the seller just will not cooperate. Only use that as a last resort. If they get that vibe right away, they figure they're gonna get negative no matter what ao they might as well keep the money.
Now that you are in the situation you're in, first file a paypal complaint and see if you can get anything done. If it was a credit card transaction thru paypal, you might be able to do a charge back. Second, if he's unwilling to work with you, and you feel you were ripped off, leave a negative feedback. I see he has 100% positive and I;m sure he does not want a negative to spoil that. Keep in mind that the seller may likely leave one for you too. Then tell him you are willing to agree to have the feedback comment withdrawn if he will take the part back. Ya never know, it might work.
I too have had problems like this many times. Often I end up relisting the item with an accurate description, and a good percentage of the time I am abe to resell the part at only a small loss. Now I almost never bid on parts from sellers with less than stellar feedback comments, and I absolutely never bid unless I see a photo of the actual item. I also make sure to ask as many detailed questions as possible before bidding, such as "are you absolutely sure this part is not dented or damaged in any way?" Good evidence to have when a deal goes sour.
Hope this helps!

dblshockpower
06-25-2005, 12:59 AM
Yep..leave these magotts neg. feedback for their lies and in return they neg. feedback you, I like your down to the wire suguestion but at what point does Ebay measure the feedback deadline? Auction end? you notice how this creep pictures the rack without a background to referance how screwed-up it is...what a puke!...I got to nail him!... did the PayPal complaint but didn't know that ebay accepts issues too.

lonestar
06-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Nail His *****, He deserves it !, I buy and sell quite a bit of merchandice on ebay, and I cant belive how some of these people operate. The seller I love the most is the one that doesn't know anything about the product they are selling, because they are selling for a friend or family member. I say, " Tell you friend or family member to get a ebay account and sell it themselves" I think they are selling it for themselves and don't want to be responsible for the item being misrepresented. But I guess they don't understand that they will get the neg feed back not the friend or family member. The only way the checks and balances work on ebay is to leave neg when youv'e been done wrong and the seller will now work it out to a satisfactory end.