PDA

View Full Version : Just won these Dick Cepeck tires or wheels?

Huffa
06-26-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm confused as to what is Dick Cepeck on this deal? The tires or the wheels?

I can't find ANYTHING surfing the web on DC atv wheels or tires. Plenty of off road truck but no ATV tire -wheel sorce.

Soon enough I'll find out when I talk to him but figured I'd ask on here and see if anyone knows.

Paid $61.01 for the deal and will pick up myself.

http://i19.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/54/27/7b_1_b.JPG

Quote: " Up for your consideration and pleasure is a pair of ATC, Dick Cepek Tires and Rims.

Gently used, MINT CONDITION!

Specifications: Baja Knobby, Tire size 22"x11.00-8, Rims are aluminum with 3-hole bolt pattern, 3 3/8 center to center. ""

hrc85250r
06-26-2005, 10:44 PM
the tires are the only thing dick cepek...they also used to make custom tires for wheelers back in the day, my dad has a pair of custom buffed and vulcanized paddles he dragged with in 83'...

200xman
06-27-2005, 06:05 AM
Dick Cepek also made aftermarket aluminum rims back in the day. They will have the Cepek logo stamped in them if they are.

Huffa
06-27-2005, 06:57 AM
Hey Thanks!!! ..........the both of you.

So by the looks of the picture they must have sat for years and years and years not being used .

I guess you could say it's quite a rare find then. Be cool if both tire & wheel are DC's.

Who is Dick Cepeck anyway? Some well known off road guy?

chris200x
06-27-2005, 08:28 AM
He's a dude that makes aftermarket off-road goodies for trucks( mostly tires and lift kits) and as mentioned before used to make some atv stuff as well. After doing a little research I'm guessing he sold his company. Hey your an older dude.... Don't you remember Dick cepeck off road tires? I think he was one of the firsts to make the large mud tires for trucks back in the day.

Huffa
06-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Well the name rings a bell but I was never into off road trucks at all but I see now that Mickey Thompsan must have bought the company out.

I sort of hate to use them if they are in such nice shape but I don't have the $$ to just leave it set soley for saying I have a pair. I'll put them on the 3 wheeler that will be least used. I like the staggerd knobbies on it and the rims are just too juice. (juice meaning extremly nice) :D

350x'inNY
06-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Yep.... it's Cepek too.... no 'C' .... Seems like they had tons of ads in Dirt Wheels from say 81-83 ish... Had an ad where they had a 1st gen 250R driving on a ceiling. 200xman's right.... if they are DC rims, will have the stamp on them... saw a set at Trikefest. ;)

Bruce

mymint87
06-27-2005, 10:02 AM
little hole in the wall shop down on Main St in El Cajon Ca..I remember him well...usta get stuff for my VW's there....don't remember anything special about that place cept that he sold Norseman tires for cheap ...seems Jackman Wheels richt down the street from Chenowth had him beat....but you know, come to think of it, ORW had them all beat....

San Diego is the best!!!!

would you like me to start listing the reasons why it's the best?

Huffa
06-27-2005, 10:28 AM
Yep.... it's Cepek too.... no 'C' .... Seems like they had tons of ads in Dirt Wheels from say 81-83 ish... Had an ad where they had a 1st gen 250R driving on a ceiling. 200xman's right.... if they are DC rims, will have the stamp on them... saw a set at Trikefest. ;)

Bruce

Thanks for the "C" correction :D The way the add is phrased, I'll bet more then likely it is both tire and wheel. Someone probably bought a package deal with them mounted.

Wish the seller would get back to me as I'm anxious to know. :cry:

Huffa
06-27-2005, 10:30 AM
little hole in the wall shop down on Main St in El Cajon Ca..I remember him well...usta get stuff for my VW's there....don't remember anything special about that place cept that he sold Norseman tires for cheap ...seems Jackman Wheels richt down the street from Chenowth had him beat....but you know, come to think of it, ORW had them all beat....

San Diego is the best!!!!

would you like me to start listing the reasons why it's the best?

Go ahead, blabb away, I don't mind.

That DC guy still living?

350x'inNY
06-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Are they the correct hole pattern for your 225DX or are they old school 81R Honda pattern?

Bruce

Huffa
06-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Are they the correct hole pattern for your 225DX or are they old school 81R Honda pattern?

Bruce

They should be as mine are 3 & 3/8 too. That's what he states in his add which is on my 1st posting here.