PDA

View Full Version : 230 QuadSport Modificaiton Options

putinexim
06-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Let me start by saying sorry if this is in the wrong location and sorry for the newbism.

I recently came across a running engine for a 230 QuadSport (not sure on the year) for almost free if I take it by Thursday night. I know that the 230 puts out a mere 11HP stock. So what I would like to know is what is the most HP you can pull out of the motor with moderate/crazy modification. Also how much power is the stock crank and rod able to handle. Oh and some sites for parts would also be a plus.

In advance thanks for the quick help in my edumication.

Tri-ZNate
06-29-2005, 05:15 PM
* can probably get 20 hp out of it without any probs. But if you dont want the engine let me know.

putinexim
06-29-2005, 07:07 PM
thanks 250sxwheeliepop for the quick reply, do you have any directions on which way to go? Right now I'm thinking of getting a 0.040 Wiesco 10.25:1 piston, K&N filter, bigger carb (not for sure on what size) also what kind of a reed should I get. As for the pipe I am going to have to do something construcive because I am not going to be putting this motor into a quad. Last but not least is there any type/kind of oil that I should use or is all 2stroke oil basicly the same thing?

Tri-ZNate
06-29-2005, 07:20 PM
thanks 250sxwheeliepop for the quick reply, do you have any directions on which way to go? Right now I'm thinking of getting a 0.040 Wiesco 10.25:1 piston, K&N filter, bigger carb (not for sure on what size) also what kind of a reed should I get. As for the pipe I am going to have to do something construcive because I am not going to be putting this motor into a quad. Last but not least is there any type/kind of oil that I should use or is all 2stroke oil basicly the same thing?

ok I'm not the best one to talk to about modds BUT one thing I have to straighten out is, do you think this engine is a 2 stroke? Because if it is it is a 250cc. The 230CCs were 4 stroke.

putinexim
06-29-2005, 09:07 PM
lol, see that just goes to show you how big of a newb I am to the whole quad scene. I was going off by what information I was give by the seller of the motor, guess that’s why I am getting it so cheap (laughs). The funny thing is that I was just starting to think it was 4 stroke because of some pics of the head (still laughing my ***** off). Now I guess I need to work out from him tonight what exactly it is.

Do you know any of any good/reputable vendors?

Tri-ZNate
06-29-2005, 09:13 PM
denniskirk.com, rockymountainatv.com, umm webcamshafts.com, and there are others. If you want just a regular dealer go to yamaha.com and there should be a link for local dealers.

sblt500r
06-29-2005, 09:37 PM
powroll used to make a big bore kit. its not listed on there website anymore though.

if its a 230 its either a quadsport or quadrunner engine and its a fourstroke.

TrikerR
06-30-2005, 05:44 AM
post a picture and it will be cleared up straight away.

OldSchoolin86
06-30-2005, 09:18 AM
Unfortunately there isn't much available for the 230 anymore. At best your going to get 16-17hp out of it with work, 20 is a bit of a stretch. Web Cam still offers cams for them but you'd have to get everything; cam, springs and rockers. DG has a nice tuneable disk style exhaust system for it. Wiseco offers a nice 10.25:1 piston kit and they have a lot of over-sizes available yet. The stock carb sucks on the 230 so your going to have to look around on some suzuki sites for better carbs that can fit if you want the most out of that motor. Your also going to have LOVE your motor to do all of this. You can expect to spend about $800-900 to do what I've listed including machine work and gaskets. Expect to pay more if your going to hire it out.

Web Cam:
http://www.webcamshafts.com/suzuki-atv.html#2

DG:
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=444053&store=Main&productId=p444053&catId=&leafCatId=

Wiseco:
http://www.wiseco.com/PDFcatalogs/CB05_suzuki.pdf

sblt500r
06-30-2005, 09:44 PM
four stroke tech sells a big bore kit to 265 for $250. what it includes i don't know but it ain't that expensive.