PDA

View Full Version : smoke or chew

yamahaman89
07-03-2005, 11:15 AM
what one you think is worse and do you chew or smoke

the way i see it is i would rather have my lip all f***ed up then my lungs

Tri-ZNate
07-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Smoking is worse. With chew atleast you dont have to smell it.

yamahaman89
07-03-2005, 11:31 AM
well im starting to chew and i told my dad he was cool about it and told me to do some research on it and i found hat chew has 8 chemicals all organic and smoking has 4000 like: jet fuel, toilet bowl cleaner and so on

Tri-ZNate
07-03-2005, 11:42 AM
well im starting to chew and i told my dad he was cool about it and told me to do some research on it and i found hat chew has 8 chemicals all organic and smoking has 4000 like: jet fuel, toilet bowl cleaner and so on

dont forget rat poison. And chew tates better than a cig

Yamahondaman
07-03-2005, 11:47 AM
If you Chew .. your Face will Fall Off .....
If you Smoke.. You Lung's will Fall out ...
Can't win for Loosing !!! :-)
Everything BAD for you is GOOD !!!
GIT IT RAGGGGG

BIGCRIP28
07-03-2005, 12:52 PM
i hate smoke more because it bothers other people (like me), with chew you keep everything to yourself (except spit).

i dont do either.

mywifeknowseverything
07-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Ive been Smokin for 21 yrs now........Ive Quit Several Times...The longest was for 2 yrs...Then I built a House...1 week into the build I started again and that was 4yrs ago....I started chewing when I was 12....Quit when I was 15....

I mostly Smoke at work...Almost 2 packs a day....On the Weekends I dont even hit Half a Pack...

I dont smoke in the house or around the kids or in the Wifes Car..Before the kids get into my truck I douse it with Smell Swell so they dont have to smell it...

Honestly.....I can take it or leave it....It doesnt bother me to go on road trips with the family and not smoke..There has been times I even won money for not smokin at work...Guys at work dont think I have the wheel Power :D .But I enjoy it...And well,,,For some Odd reason I like doing what I enjoy....

As for Which is worse,,,,,Who Cares???
Which ever you decide to do is gonna F you up anyway.....

Banage
07-03-2005, 01:43 PM
I chew wont ever smoke again

jeswinehart
07-03-2005, 01:53 PM
I smoke,,, plain + simple.

I remember when whacking off was taboo and smoking was acceptable.
Now smoking is taboo and whacking off is called safe sex ,,,,
my oh my how times have changed ,,,

yep i smoke ,,,

john

Oldshell4481
07-03-2005, 01:59 PM
chewing is nasty, spit everywhere, spit bottles, smoking is nasty cuz it stinks, makes you look hard, and it ruins your lungs... i dont think any is better than the other, it will bite you in the ass one way or the other..

350x'inNY
07-03-2005, 02:00 PM
I smoke,,, plain + simple.

I remember when whacking off was taboo and smoking was acceptable.
Now smoking is taboo and whacking off is called safe sex ,,,,
my oh my how times have changed ,,,

yep i smoke ,,,

john

Well... you know my stance on both... not for me! I'd rather invest my money on NOS trike parts than to buy packs of cigs or chew that will end up killing me..... I do smoke a cigar on special occasions... and tried chew in middle school... and unfortunately, out to Swineharts......didn't leave a good taste in my mouth.... or throat as that matter :mad: .. hahahahahah

Now my vice is Mountain Dew.... :beer .... so yellow #5 and brominated vegetable oil will be my downfall, plus the high levels of caffine guess rock your kidneys to form little stones... errrr... also lowers the sperm count form what the health teacher tells me at school, but in my current situation, not really a problem! ;)

Bruce

Lots_Of_Nothing
07-03-2005, 02:04 PM
I chew. Owell.

Billy Golightly
07-03-2005, 02:56 PM
I'll smoke a 'gar every once in a great while. Usually on the 4th of july. Easier to light fireworks with a cigar then it is with a lighter and what not.

200xadam
07-03-2005, 03:24 PM
chew is discusting...it just makes me sick to see people do it..i smoke occasionaly..dont really like cigarettes..i like them little cigars with the white tips...i smoke some ganja once in a wile...but you only live once ya know...might as well enjoy it

yater
07-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Don't kid yourselves people. My dad died at age 47 (in 1997) from kidney cancer caused by years of dipping. I was 18 years old at the time. It's a miserable, slow death and your family will have to watch the whole thing. If you're young and "researching", it's not too late....just don't do it.

350xinNY, I hear you on the mountain dew....I'm hooked too. I guess things could be worse

smokinwrench
07-03-2005, 04:10 PM
I chewed copenhagen for about 15 years (1 can a day). I went to the dentist and they sent me to an oral surgeon and I had to go through cancer biopsys (sp). I quit then for 6 weeks and started again. I chewed for about another year and finally quit. January 31 will be 3 years since I've had a chew. Hardest thing I have ever done. All I gotta say is if your not addicted by some gum.

Think about what your kids will be like if your not around, do you really want some other guy raising your kids and kissing your wife after you die from chewing or smoking. If your to young to be married and have kids, how hard will it be on your parents when they have to bury therye kid.

wheelie king
07-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Skoal Long Cut wintergreen for me.....15 years of it. Quit when my daughter was born. Didn't want her to see her daddy's face rot off, and the dentist said I looked OK and if I quit then I would probably be alright. So I did. I know we all gotta die of something, but I'd rather it not be rot-jaw.

CINCH
07-03-2005, 06:11 PM
I dipped Copenhagen for 21 years, one or more cans a day...this August I will have been Copenhagen free for a year. that's the hardest thing I have ever done :)

smokinwrench
07-03-2005, 07:29 PM
I dipped Copenhagen for 21 years, one or more cans a day...this August I will have been Copenhagen free for a year. that's the hardest thing I have ever done :)

I here that. I still have cravings almsot everyday. I have put on a few lbs since I quit but well worth it compared to chewing.

CINCH
07-03-2005, 07:35 PM
I here that. I still have cravings almsot everyday. I have put on a few lbs since I quit but well worth it compared to chewing.

im right there with ya! I don't have them everyday, but when I get into certain situations, im like oh heck, I need a dip!!!

good luck to all the quiters :)

smokinwrench
07-03-2005, 07:37 PM
im right there with ya! I don't have them everyday, but when I get into certain situations, im like oh heck, I need a dip!!!

good luck to all the quiters :)

I always carried my chew in my front shirt pocket at work. About 2 1/2 years later I still reach for that chew when things get tough at work.

Never starting would be easier.

3 weelin geezer
07-04-2005, 12:11 AM
I think its equally disgusting. Chew because sometimes others mistake the chew spit can for their drink. Smoking because a lot of smokers are too stupid to see the ashtray/buttcan/trash sitting right next to where they throw down the butts. But yeah, cigars are convenient for lighting firecrackers when matches just won't stay lit because of the damn wind. I just went and popped some at the shooting range.

Lomax
07-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Well, I smoke. I will take a Dip on rare occasion. I cant say wich one I like better. The ladies usually tend to lean more towards a smoker than someone that chews so I stick to the smoking but I have slacked WAY off and am going for smoke free at the first of the year. Lets hope I can do it because I agree with Bruce, NOS trike parts would be a whole lot nicer to have then some cancer sticks...

84honda 200X
07-04-2005, 02:18 AM
I chew Copenhagen Long Cut and Grizzly Winter Green and so do all of my friends been doing it for 4 years now and its way better than smokeing as far as im concerned. Cigars are good i smoke them on special occasions and everyonce in awhile.

VABCH350X
07-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Never starting would be easier.

Concur. I dipped Skoal for 9 or 10 years, and quit a year and a half ago. It was extremely difficult, but I'm hoping the benefits far outweigh the costs.

As for the kid who is researching dip vs cigarettes, of course he realizes that both are highly addictive, and will inevitably cause severe health problems, but that is a small price to pay for looking cool when you're in your teens.

We were all that age once, and ignored the advice of those more experienced than ourselves. Unfortunately, the voice of reason is not often heard until much later in life.

Cheers,
-Paul

1984kxtTECATE
07-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Ive chewed mainly cope for about a year and quite becuase it wasnt worth it, but I tell you, if I even see a can I get a craving.

yamahaman89
07-04-2005, 12:55 PM
chew Copenhagen Long Cut and Grizzly Winter Green and so do all of my friends been doing it for 4 years now and its way better than smokeing as far as im concerned. Cigars are good i smoke them on special occasions and everyonce in awhile.

yup i buy grizzly wintergreen taste good to me but the first time i tried it i felt weird

markdb420
07-04-2005, 01:16 PM
I smoke Marlboro Menthols. I have quit several times, but since what happened to my family, I have been a 2-3 pack a day guy. It has helped me with all my stress! I dipped when I was younger and playing baseball. I have a couple of friends that were dipping Copenhagen until their denists made them get these large boils on their gums checked out. That scared the **** out of them and they quit!

ScottZJ
07-04-2005, 01:43 PM
I second the Dew thing, gotta have them when on long trips.
As far as dipping or smoking, I think its a huge waste of money and a quick ending of your life. I dipped for years and dentist said your teeth are going to fall out, so I stopped that day. If you put it in your mind, you can and will be able to stop. I also say, why do something you know is going to end up killing you. There are already too many things on this earth that we have to dodge from taking our lifes(cars, atv's haha, smog, Ozone problems and so on). Say a big prayer and ditch that stuff while you can.............peace

Tri-ZNate
07-04-2005, 02:22 PM
My grandpa gave me a taste of Red Man when I was young to try and deture me from ever chewing, but I cant say it tasted bad.

bigredhead
07-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Never smoked until i went to college. ( 17 years old ) First smoke.. was a joint.. and maaaaaaaaan.... i coughed, and coughed.. etc.... almost puked. but as they say " Cough to Get off "... and boy that was the best mcDonalds i ever had.....

Became a habbit for a while.. going to college high as a kite is not a good thing.. tho i did pass with honors ( 96 avg ) ..

But, gave me ecxema ( dry itchy skin ) and burnt some weak brain cells... quit that.. and now only on occasions.

But tobacco.. never have, never will.. no " benefits " to mention other than giving your hands something to do.

ATC crazy
07-04-2005, 05:17 PM
I've been smoking since I was about 14 (18 now), but I started off slow. Mabey one cig. a day. Now Im up to 2 packs a week. Not too bad at all compared to some of you. I have made a promise to myself not to get over 3-4 packs every week however.

I have quit smoking pot for now. I used to do it quite a bit with my friends. Its not addicting. I will start smoking it again soon....it has many benefits when you have a long, and stressful day!

wheelie king
07-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Pot.....

Didn't think the thread would take such a direction. Guess that's why they call it dope. :rolleyes:

Just messing with you guys. :D Be careful, though.

250r'en +TCB
07-04-2005, 08:53 PM
well I just stay away from the whole drug scene......I personally have seen the "benifits" of pot first hand. Was at a party with my friend, he was 17. He got high, then hopped in the car to go get some food down the street at the corner store, because he proubly had the munchies. Anyway on his way down the store he wrapped his car around a telephone poll....He spent 7months in a wheel-chair. now he has to use a cane, at age 17.... I swore off the stuff, crap screws with your mind. As for tobacco, way to much money, and want to live older than 50

MTS
07-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Never smoked until i went to college. ( 17 years old ) First smoke.. was a joint.. and maaaaaaaaan.... i coughed, and coughed.. etc.... almost puked. but as they say " Cough to Get off "... and boy that was the best mcDonalds i ever had.....

Became a habbit for a while.. going to college high as a kite is not a good thing.. tho i did pass with honors ( 96 avg ) ..

But, gave me ecxema ( dry itchy skin ) and burnt some weak brain cells... quit that.. and now only on occasions.

But tobacco.. never have, never will.. no " benefits " to mention other than giving your hands something to do.
:D Exactly why i smoke....i have touretts....startd smoking.,...addicted.....and it gives my hands somehtin to do..if i dont im all ****** twitchy.....not to mention its a good stress reliver...that too....i really calm down when i have a cig..........i dunno i know its killin me but i dunt give a flying f......everything kill's you now adays...freakin talkin on your cell phone dose...you only live once might as well try it once is my outlook on stuff... :o

200xadam
07-05-2005, 02:56 PM
exactly. i dont smoke cigarettes very much, i havent smoked pot in a wile because i wanted to quit after my friend got busted...but recently i found out that im the only person in my family that dosnt smoke weed...so i feel i should take an old habbit back up occasionaly...

Billy Golightly
07-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Man you pot heads are EVERYWHERE :eek:

ATC crazy
07-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Like I say:

You are gunna die sooner or later....Might as well make it sooner :p

wheelie king
07-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Hey Billy, for some of us, Pot is good business - Job security!!! ;)

yamahaman89
07-05-2005, 11:33 PM
lol funny how it got to pot but yea you are gonna die sooner or later

nothing wrong with pot either my whole family smoke it too

bigredhead
07-06-2005, 09:45 AM
on the subject of chew.. i've never tried it before.. does it taste like tobaco smells ?

cuz if it does.. i won't ever bother.. yuck.

ATC crazy
07-06-2005, 11:11 AM
There are all kinds of different flavors you can get.

Pistonhead
07-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Man I've never touched either smokes or chew. When I used to go hunting with my dads buddies some would smoke or chew or both at the same time and it was just either stinky or gross lookin' to me. I'd rather not sound like Janis Joplin in 10 years or look like a troll from chew from my face rotting off, so I save my money.

Mike_Ham_250R
07-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Well... you know my stance on both... not for me! I'd rather invest my money on NOS trike parts than to buy packs of cigs or chew that will end up killing me..... I do smoke a cigar on special occasions... and tried chew in middle school... and unfortunately, out to Swineharts......didn't leave a good taste in my mouth.... or throat as that matter :mad: .. hahahahahah

Now my vice is Mountain Dew.... :beer .... so yellow #5 and brominated vegetable oil will be my downfall, plus the high levels of caffine guess rock your kidneys to form little stones... errrr... also lowers the sperm count form what the health teacher tells me at school, but in my current situation, not really a problem! ;)

Bruce
Well put, Bruce! :Bounce

Mike_Ham_250R
07-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Man you pot heads are EVERYWHERE :eek:
I agree! There are alot around here. Anyway i tried some dip when i was young (only a little taste) and it tasted ok but overall it was nasty. Finally i got my parents to quit smoking. I already have the habbit of spending all kinds of money on 3 wheelers, i dont need another expense.

corndawg
07-07-2005, 01:09 AM
never tried smoking, both my parents do it and it just doesnt appeal to me, on the other hand its nothing but apple long cut skoal for this redneck lol
you guys did a whole can a day, **** i average a little more than a can a WEEK, though i cant do it all the time because my parents dont know lol, i have to dip when im riding or on the way to work(cant dip at work)

Oldshell4481
07-07-2005, 08:53 PM
haha im the only one of my friends that will "pass on grass" they aint strong willed enough i guess, and have to look "cool" to their other friends.. never will smoke, my parents go through a pack a day, and my sisters all smoke... i guess im the cleaner one in the family..

yamahaman89
07-08-2005, 03:42 PM
i know when i heard a can a day i couldnt beive it either lol

Billy Golightly
07-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Hey Billy, for some of us, Pot is good business - Job security!!! ;)

Yeah, I'd imagine they keep you guys in business pretty good http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/images/shiftyeyes.gif

83185s
07-09-2005, 02:13 AM
lol dam guys...potheads...lol...and when i heard a can or 2 a day a bout **** my pants...thats ALOT! lol i tried it and liked it but i know that i cant do it cause ill get caught or somethin so i stay away from the stuff..same with smoking...tried it..but i dont like it...i agree with the chewers but overall id rather not do either...at least if you chew..you can still RUN! smokers caugh up a lung when they try! lol...interesting subject tho

350Xccelerator
07-09-2005, 02:39 AM
damn i hate smoking, the smell of the smoke is one of the worst things ever. Oh yea and smoking is the biggest turn off for me. if theres a girl i like and she smokes i wont look at her the same again, its just gross

3 weelin geezer
07-10-2005, 01:30 PM
can I offer you a pipe with sweet smellin bag nasty or maybe a cuban? And whats with this thing about running??? That is so bogus hoe people think its an end to the beer belly. Whatever happened to biking, rollerskating, skiiiing, swimming, b-ball, etc. I don't think its 'fun' to run. You use the same amount of calories walking as running. Just takes slightly longer. I wish I lived near a beach. Now thats fun (except the sunburn on my back) to just relax in the water, get pulled out to sea by the current before you know, about 5 miles and have to swim back. Last time people thought I had drowned but was just floating around with a snorkel looking for anything shiny that might be a ring or money or something useful. Then, here comes the hero and stirs up the dirt moments after I caught a glimpse of something. It looked like a pair of sunglasses and I never found them when the dirt settled. Yeah, like a drowned person is going to dive down and spits water out of the snorkel. I sure don't think its very quiet to have to breathe through that thing.

wanta250r
07-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Anybody try the new flavor; Skoal Peach blend. Its not bad. I have been chewing all different kinds of chew for three years and am now trying to quit. I have been tobacco free for 1 whole day and I am about to crack. :mad:

yamahaman89
07-13-2005, 11:19 AM
i saw the peach kind but when i saw it i had just boght some kodiak
straight so ill buy it next time

bearclawchris
07-13-2005, 01:38 PM
I never smoked as a habit, but I chewed for a little over 15 years. I think chew is better, but I can't stand these guys who carry a cup to spit in. I chewd copenhagen and swallowed my spit except for a few spits in the grass outside. I haven't chewed for over 5 years now and I feel alot better. No more stomach problems. I wished I had never started. I wish I could have been one of those guys you see who can keep a can on the dash of their truck and it lasts 3 or 4 weeks. I had snuff in my mouth from a half hour of waking up right until I went to bed. I could eat some foods like a hamburger with a dip in. Quitting was the best move I made. I have guys ask me if I want a dip today, and I just can't blow my 5 year 6 month record.

trikes4life
07-25-2005, 10:39 PM
SMoke weed it better for you.

200xadam
07-25-2005, 10:54 PM

Amen To That

yater
07-25-2005, 11:30 PM

Can't argue with that, even though I choose not to smoke anything these days. I know this deserves it's own thread, but I can't believe booze is legal and weed isn't. Anyone who has ever done both in excess knows which one is more dangerous and harder on the body.

yamahaman89
07-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Can't argue with that, even though I choose not to smoke anything these days. I know this deserves it's own thread, but I can't believe booze is legal and weed isn't. Anyone who has ever done both in excess knows which one is more dangerous and harder on the body.

beer is worse to me and dont do both at the same time lol beer makes me get into fights with friends