PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting a new Garage...

Derrick Adams
07-04-2005, 12:07 AM
well kind of... I got the OK today from the wife to tear down my old garage. If you could call it that. It's been burnt, had termites, storm damaged, and pretty much everything else. But, it's always stayed standing.

So, I'm not really putting up a new garage. More like an enclosed Carport. We have been discussing this for awhile now and this seems like the best option. I intend to build a nice Hip Roof Barn some day out there, so I didn't want to invest too much in a garage right now. This way, I can just move it out or resell it.

Going to actually have concrete flooring in this garage too, that will be a first in 10 years.

Here's what I'm looking at. I'll probably get 8ft walls instead of the standard 6ft walls they come with. Also thinking on just gettting the sides enclosed and building in the front and rear myself with wood. (make it look a little nicer).

jeswinehart
07-04-2005, 06:26 AM
that would be ideal for me and my needs dereck. have you check if a building permit is needed or not ??? of course ohio and michigan would probbly not be the same.
like alot of buddys on here ,,, the mrs. blazer kinda crowds me in our garage.

john

Derrick Adams
07-04-2005, 09:21 AM
No need for a building permit here. In fact, I don't have to pay property taxes on it either, because it's considered mobile. Just like the small utility sheds you get from everywhere. They come in all sizes, mine is going to be 24'x24'.

Can't wait!!!

3leggeddog
07-04-2005, 09:33 AM
sweet,more space to put MY stuff

ATC crazy
07-04-2005, 05:23 PM
They come in all sizes, mine is going to be 24'x24'.

Can't wait!!!

You're gunna wish it was 100'x100' shortly. Ours is a 2 car garage and its about 28x34. You guessed it....its packed already...we can barely move around in it.

OldSchoolin86
07-05-2005, 10:21 AM
No need for a building permit here. In fact, I don't have to pay property taxes on it either, because it's considered mobile. Just like the small utility sheds you get from everywhere. They come in all sizes, mine is going to be 24'x24'.

Can't wait!!!
You’re lucky, around here they consider sheds and boat canopies permanent structures. Good luck and congratulations.

350Xhilaration
07-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Congrats...

I need one of those...gettin tight in my garage now...

http://www.350xriders.com/banshee/group.jpg

hotroddal
07-06-2005, 10:29 PM
350xhilleration, you shouldnt even be saying yur garage is tight, it isnt even near tight at all, now if ya really want to see a packed to the nuts garage with bearely enuf room to walk around, with 6 wheelers, about 20 bicycles, 2 snowblowers, 2 riding lawnmowers, that fills up half the garage, the other half is the shop, i have a 4 stall garage, 2 stalls for storage and the other 2 is my shop, for fixen stuff.

max
04-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Did you ever get your garage?????? Or is your 450mx bike it.:lol:

350Xhilaration
04-13-2007, 03:43 PM
350xhilleration, you shouldnt even be saying yur garage is tight, it isnt even near tight at all, now if ya really want to see a packed to the nuts garage with bearely enuf room to walk around, with 6 wheelers, about 20 bicycles, 2 snowblowers, 2 riding lawnmowers, that fills up half the garage, the other half is the shop, i have a 4 stall garage, 2 stalls for storage and the other 2 is my shop, for fixen stuff.

Sounds like you need to get rid of some stuff...packrat ;)

Dirtcrasher
04-13-2007, 07:02 PM
How much do those run?? What about just the roof and sides??

erectordale
04-13-2007, 08:06 PM
I priced a 24x30 just like that derrick and the price was over 8500.00 without concrete. for that amount I will build a permanent garage or pole barn. being in construction helps there.

pickleweasel_00
04-15-2007, 01:43 AM
You're gunna wish it was 100'x100' shortly. Ours is a 2 car garage and its about 28x34. You guessed it....its packed already...we can barely move around in it.

ha ha, mine is a 24x40 i built a year or two ago, and i'm already fighting for space :wondering not junk, just toys :naughty: