PDA

View Full Version : Repro Vac Formed plastic parts.

Aussieduner
07-07-2005, 06:59 AM
I currently make Vac Formed plastic parts for ATV's,my product line is small but growing and im looking for feedback on parts ATVers would be interested in.To reproduce an item the original part is required,preferably not damaged,and a mold taken from the inside of the item for a Vac Formed product to be made.
My current line up is

Honda FL400 Dual air intake air-box lid,in production & available
Honda FL350 Air-box lid,in production & available
Honda FL350 Upper air-box unit,in production & available.
Honda 85/86 250R air-box lid,available soon.
Honda 85/86 250R Radiator Shrouds,still at development of mold.

For some pics of my product have a look here,

http://www.aussieduner.50megs.com/whats_new.html

Cheers
Aussieduner

Aussieduner
07-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Stock lid with mold used to vac form reprodution unit,will have some pics of the production units shortly,material used is black 3mm ABS plastic.

Aussieduner

droopie31
07-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Make some tri-z radiator shrouds and airbox cover :cool: Id buy a couple sets for sure :beer Im sure a lot of Z people would buy the heck outa them since there hard to find a good set!

drew

MTS
07-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Make some tri-z radiator shrouds and airbox cover :cool: Id buy a couple sets for sure :beer Im sure a lot of Z people would buy the heck outa them since there hard to find a good set!

drew
i was just gona say if you made some yellow rad scoops for the tri-z i would be a set or 2!

Aussieduner
07-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Cool this the feedback im after ! I need the original items to make the molds,as i said the outside of the item dosent need to be in good condition as i take the mold from the inside of the item,i tried to buy the Tri-Z airbox covers recently from this forum but the seller wouldnt ship to my location ?.If anyone has spares for the Tri-Z they want to sell cheap or want ship to me(will need for approx a week to get a mold sorted) and returned im happy to do that.Also are those Tri-Z parts still available from Yamaha ?

Regards
Aussieduner

Blown 331
07-07-2005, 06:05 PM
I don't need them but I think 86/87 Tecate shrouds would be good to make.

1984kxtTECATE
07-07-2005, 06:06 PM
1984-85 Tecate gas tank and rear plastics!!!!!!!!

Yamahauler
07-07-2005, 06:32 PM
I have extra tri-Z rad shrouds. One is cracked but nothing is missing.

The price would be a free set of new shrouds shipped.

But, I'd like to see some of your other work first.

Thanks

Yamahauler
07-07-2005, 06:35 PM
1984-85 Tecate gas tank and rear plastics!!!!!!!!
would you be able to make a gas tank?

another question...
Is it as strong and thick as OEM?

trikezilla
07-07-2005, 06:43 PM
84-84 R tank scoops too..I know theres a few of us in need lol

twgranger
07-07-2005, 07:04 PM
i was just gona say if you made some yellow rad scoops for the tri-z i would be a set or 2!
That would be great!!

Derrick Adams
07-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Put me down for a set of red ones or black ones!!

Oldshell4481
07-07-2005, 08:35 PM
any fenders cheaper than maier's are going to sell, if plastic gas tanks were made they would sell like crazy.

Dammit!
07-07-2005, 08:54 PM
I would find out what is not available from either the OEM's or Maier and go from there. Make things that no one else makes and you automatically corner the market on those parts. 1985-86 250R rad shrouds are readily available from Maier using the same technique you are so I'm not sure it's really worth your time.

Tecate shrouds are a no brainer.

There's a few Tri-Z pieces already mentioned. One not mentioned is the white front fender of the '86 model.

As for the 1985-86 R goes, nobody makes the headlight plastic of the '86 model as far as I'm aware. Maybe Honda still has them, I'm not completely sure but I know Maier does not offer one. Just the 1985 which is not nearly as nice looking in my opinion. What would be extremely cool is if someone made the 1986 headlight shell available in gloss black. Same goes for the 350x headlight shell. Maier does not make them in black as far as I know.

Something else I would consider doing if I were in your position is making custom plastics. What I mean is, rad shrouds, fenders etc that fit trikes but have a different designs (more modern or what have you). Not sure if you have the ability to make a mold without copying something but it would be sweet if someone could make something like that.

Good luck in your endeavor. I think making those rare discontinued parts available again would definitely be worth your time and effort and everyone here would appreciate it and support you.

deathman53
07-07-2005, 09:01 PM
I'd be interested in repo short track shrouds, different colors too

Aussieduner
07-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Hi
Guys thanks for the great feedback,i really got into this for the Pilot & 350 Odyssey's but since aquiring my 85 250R i wanted to expand my product range.Ok answer to making fuel tanks is a NO as they are made with an injection type molding process,Vac Form is going over a mold and sucking all the air out of the area to create the part.As for custom parts like fenders etc that would be to costly in time for say only a few orders etc also large parts are an issue with the heating oven required for large plastic material to make the item so smaller parts are the go.Yamahauler has offered some Tri-Z shrouds,please check this link for my Pilot & FL350 Lids,
http://www.aussieduner.50megs.com/whats_new.html
also please email me for some detail pics of my items if required.
th1963@tpg.com.au
Also Yamahauler i will return you shrouds as after the molds are made i wont need them anyway,and yes i would send you a set of course for suppling the sample.Tri-Z airbox cover has also been mentioned if you have one of those spare.I will look at the 86 250R headlight cover,should be able to get one of those pretty easy,quite a few 86's around here.Nearly forgot the material is 3mm ABS plastic and quite flexable and strong !

Get back to me Yamahauler and we can go from there.

Cheers
Aussieduner

Orangecnty250r
07-08-2005, 09:40 PM
I agree Tri Z shrouds and airbox cover would be a hit and a big seller. There is nothing out there but faded garbage.

Hornetpowersports makes great 86/87 tecate shrouds and headlight bezel already

I also agree that maier has the market on cheap 85/86 250r shrouds but you never know when they'll stop making them, they discontinued items before

The short track shrouds would be a hit though

Good stuff --thanks for your interest in making parts

x.system
07-08-2005, 10:37 PM
I can suply a set of short track shrouds if you want to make them.

greenhuman
07-08-2005, 11:13 PM
How about plastic globes?
LM

350x'inNY
07-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Hmmmmm.... How about 350X "OEM" rear plastics??? Definitely the rear mud flap garnish would be a hit if you could do it! I have a spare one here, just hate to see it broken in shipment to Aussie land! Rumor has it that the OEM tank shrouds for a 350X are discontinued. I have 2 NOS sets of 86 shrouds. I also just bought a NOS 350X headlight, if making new 350X headlight shrouds would be an option. I also have NOS Hondaline front fender and rear fender extentions for the 350X (hmmmmm would hurt market value! hahhahahaha) and also a front one for the 83-85 200X.

Oh... almost forgot... I have one... soon to be 2.... Hondaline old school ATC fairings.... one with the number plate and the new one with the tall clear windshield. Main part of the Hondaline fairing I'd be interested in having spares would be the black handgaurds... the red "fairing" part might be difficult to reproduce. (Of course, if you could do the 'red' part, I'd love to have more I can not "baby")

Also... if you wanted a 350X air box lid or a 82 250R airbox lid to reproduce, I know they (esp 82R) are hard to come by..... also, I have a OEM 82R front fender I'd offer to ship to you and a unmolested headlight plastic (it was protected behind the Hondaline Fairing!) The Maier fenders are a total different design and are a more maroon red than OEM.

Let me know if you'd like to attempt these items.... I can take pictures of whatever you want to try, and we can go from there! Sounds like a great endeavor!

Aussieduner
07-09-2005, 09:03 AM
I can suply a set of short track shrouds if you want to make them.

Hi X-System
Yes i have quite a few requests for the short track shroud,can you email me some pics of the inside and outside of the item so i can see if its doable,by the way your Jim S..is that correct ? You sent me some FL350/FL400 decals a while back.
If you can send me those pics we can go from there in preparing a mold to reproduce the shrouds.Any short track tanks around ? been looking for a long time for that item.
I have another member that has sent pics of the Tri-Z shrouds and they look like an easy item to produce,he is sending them over this week for the molds to be produced.

Cheers
Aussieduner

twgranger
07-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Hi X-System
Yes i have quite a few requests for the short track shroud,can you email me some pics of the inside and outside of the item so i can see if its doable,by the way your Jim S..is that correct ? You sent me some FL350/FL400 decals a while back.
If you can send me those pics we can go from there in preparing a mold to reproduce the shrouds.Any short track tanks around ? been looking for a long time for that item.
I have another member that has sent pics of the Tri-Z shrouds and they look like an easy item to produce,he is sending them over this week for the molds to be produced.

Cheers
AussiedunerWill the tri-z shrouds be in yellow? Will they match good? I am very interested in buying a set. Let me know on the progress of the tri-z shrouds, thanks. :D

Aussieduner
07-09-2005, 09:19 AM
Hmmmmm.... How about 350X "OEM" rear plastics??? Definitely the rear mud flap garnish would be a hit if you could do it! I have a spare one here, just hate to see it broken in shipment to Aussie land! Rumor has it that the OEM tank shrouds for a 350X are discontinued. I have 2 NOS sets of 86 shrouds. I also just bought a NOS 350X headlight, if making new 350X headlight shrouds would be an option. I also have NOS Hondaline front fender and rear fender extentions for the 350X (hmmmmm would hurt market value! hahhahahaha) and also a front one for the 83-85 200X.

Oh... almost forgot... I have one... soon to be 2.... Hondaline old school ATC fairings.... one with the number plate and the new one with the tall clear windshield. Main part of the Hondaline fairing I'd be interested in having spares would be the black handgaurds... the red "fairing" part might be difficult to reproduce. (Of course, if you could do the 'red' part, I'd love to have more I can not "baby")

Also... if you wanted a 350X air box lid or a 82 250R airbox lid to reproduce, I know they (esp 82R) are hard to come by..... also, I have a OEM 82R front fender I'd offer to ship to you and a unmolested headlight plastic (it was protected behind the Hondaline Fairing!) The Maier fenders are a total different design and are a more maroon red than OEM.

Let me know if you'd like to attempt these items.... I can take pictures of whatever you want to try, and we can go from there! Sounds like a great endeavor!

HI 350xinNY
Airbox lids are where i started with this,the 85/86 250R lid is ready for production now,so im happy to add the 350X & 82 250R to my mold catalogue,please send me some pics of the inside of the items as this is where i take my mold from,also no damage is incurred to the doner part in the molding process !
As i mentioned in an earlier post im restricted to smaller items due to the size of a heating oven required to get the raw material to molding temp,so rear fenders are not viable,airbox lids,shrouds,headlight plastic etc are about my size limit.
Please send your pics to th1963@tpg.com.au and we can check that they are doable before we post anything,also all donated items WILL be returned !

Aussieduner

Aussieduner
07-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Will the tri-z shrouds be in yellow? Will they match good? I am very interested in buying a set. Let me know on the progress of the tri-z shrouds, thanks. :D

Im taking the original parts when they arrive to the plastics supplier to see what is available as i said to the member who is sending the doner items special order colours will cost a lot and make it not viable,i havent had a need to look at the yellows available as i have mainly been using black for the air-box lids already in production.I will post pics of the finished items when completed,1 mold takes about a week to get right so at least 2 weeks work for both sides,will keep everyone updated with the progress.
Im after the top airbox cover for the Tri-Z if you know of any,even a shitty faded one will do,its the inside of the part im interested in.

Cheers
Aussieduner

x.system
07-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Hi X-System

Cheers
Aussieduner
Your correct, I sent you a few I believe. Keep watching ebay for a tank, they show up every once in a while. If one does show up I'm sure someone will post it in the ebay section on the forum.

If your interested I can also send along a trx 250r airbox lid. Have you thought about making them with a built in filter or outerwares like the custom ones on ebay. I always either cut holes or remove it completly from the bike. It would be nice to have a couple with different options for different riding conditions.

I will dig out those shrouds and get some pics sent over today.

Aussieduner
07-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Your correct, I sent you a few I believe. Keep watching ebay for a tank, they show up every once in a while. If one does show up I'm sure someone will post it in the ebay section on the forum.

If your interested I can also send along a trx 250r airbox lid. Have you thought about making them with a built in filter or outerwares like the custom ones on ebay. I always either cut holes or remove it completly from the bike. It would be nice to have a couple with different options for different riding conditions.

I will dig out those shrouds and get some pics sent over today.

Hi Jim
The decals i got from you were excellent !,trx250r lid should be another easy one.I have just aquired locally the air cooled 250r lid(brand new) and a lid for the new Honda 450 quad,please do send me the pics then we can organise the shipping,all doner parts will be returned,with no damage incurred by the molding process.Pretty keen on a short track tank thats for sure if anyone on the forum has one available.

Will hear from you today Jim.

Cheers
Aussieduner

Yamahauler
07-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Hey Tony,
I'll be sending those shrouds for sure early next week.
I'll take them to the Post office and ask them which shipping would be the best.

nimda78
07-09-2005, 09:32 PM
repro 83-85 ytm fenders in yellow and optionally black would be kickass!! good used ones are vary rare! :TrikesOwn

Aussieduner
07-10-2005, 07:05 AM
repro 83-85 ytm fenders in yellow and optionally black would be kickass!! good used ones are vary rare! :TrikesOwn

I would love to do fenders but im limited buy the size of my heating oven for the raw material,fibre glass is the other way to do the big items but its not as flexable as the plastic and is a messy thing to work with.
Check out my repro 85/86 air box lid against the stock unit,put the final adjustments to the mold today and its all done !

Cheers
Aussieduner

PS no worries Yamahauler will let you know when your doner items arrive "Downunder"

mymint87
07-10-2005, 11:43 AM
hmmmm,

can't help but think that you registered here only to prostitute your junk

twgranger
07-10-2005, 02:10 PM
hmmmm,

can't help but think that you registered here only to prostitute your junkWhat the hell is that about?? :wondering

Yamahauler
07-10-2005, 04:41 PM
hmmmm,

Thats a real nice thing to say to a guy thats going to make plastics for us that no company makes.
Just wait until you need a plastic part that is discontinued and see who you will be coming to.

Tri-ZNate
07-10-2005, 04:59 PM
I think if he was going to "prostitute" his parts as you put it this post probably would have been in the atv classifieds. He probably wanted to know if anyone needed any parts reproduced and it progressed from there.

And since he has like 38 posts (and im pretty sure all 38 werent in this thread) I highly doubt that was his intension.

Aussieduner
07-10-2005, 06:50 PM
hmmmm,

Hmmmmm,
Thanks for your kind words,prositute, you would know a lot about them mate wouldnt you,nip over to TJ for some of that action hey ?
This is a hobby my untrusting friend,i have a love of ATV's and have since the mid 80's.I find your comment distasteful and offensive,i have since joing this forum found a great bunch of guys with a common interest then there is YOU,i will in the spirit of being a true Australian accept an appology from you and let that be it.

Aussieduner

PS
When i read this next to your tag,

Why am I always so STUPID?

Yamahauler
07-10-2005, 07:06 PM
I wouldnt have the thread deleted even if there was a bunch of people that didnt like it. It's more useful than half of the stuff some people post.

1984kxtTECATE
07-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey Aussie, do you have any intentions of getting a bigger oven later on, it sure would be sweet to have rear fenders. (I have mint T3 fenders hint-hint-wink-wink) As far as mymints post, why the hell would you say that, Miaer sucks lets face it that and they dont have a lot of the T-3 and tri-Z stuff, if somebody wants to make em Im all for it.

Aussieduner
07-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Hey Aussie, do you have any intentions of getting a bigger oven later on, it sure would be sweet to have rear fenders. (I have mint T3 fenders hint-hint-wink-wink) As far as mymints post, why the hell would you say that, Miaer sucks lets face it that and they dont have a lot of the T-3 and tri-Z stuff, if somebody wants to make em Im all for it.

Hi mate
Guys thanks for the support,i have no idea whats up his rear end ? but as i said i will accept an apology and that will be the end of it.Its a hobby that i enjoy and if i can make a part that is discontiuned whats the harm,i havent asked anyone for a dime,im even giving Yamahauler a FREE set of TRI-Z shrouds for donating the original part !
To answer your question its only smaller items at this time as a larger heating source will be quite costly,but im keeping an eye out for second hand larger ovens just in case.Im going to start my restoration on my 85 250R soon so that should be fun !

Cheers
Aussieduner

jeswinehart
07-10-2005, 10:13 PM
the side panels for the honda 250es big reds is not available from honda or maire. they are a snap in peice for both sides with the right side ( that hides the kick starter lever being the most sought after )
( 250 bigreds have eletric start but when you need to kick start you remove the cover )
would you be in need of those ??? i have not opened any of your links but assume your address is in there correct ?

thank you ,,, john

not a real good shot of the peice since my left leg is in the way ,,,

greenhuman
07-10-2005, 10:27 PM
I think I saw you on your street corner with plastic parts hanging off you everywhere. I would go with a different colour mascara if I were you!

Aussieduner
07-10-2005, 10:53 PM
I think I saw you on your street corner with plastic parts hanging off you everywhere. I would go with a different colour mascara if I were you!

LOL......Greenie you caught me again down on the highway at Gateshead ! Oh i feel so dirty !!!

Aussieduner

Aussieduner
07-10-2005, 10:59 PM
the side panels for the honda 250es big reds is not available from honda or maire. they are a snap in peice for both sides with the right side ( that hides the kick starter lever being the most sought after )
( 250 bigreds have eletric start but when you need to kick start you remove the cover )
would you be in need of those ??? i have not opened any of your links but assume your address is in there correct ?

thank you ,,, john

not a real good shot of the peice since my left leg is in the way ,,,

Hi John
If you can email me a pic of the inside of the part i can tell you if its doable,

th1963@tpg.com.au

Cheers
Aussieduner

jeswinehart
07-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Hi John
If you can email me a pic of the inside of the part i can tell you if its doable,

th1963@tpg.com.au

Cheers
Aussieduner

yes ,,, i will do that tomorrow after work aussieduner.

pretty neat thing you are doing ,,, glad to be a part of it.

john

Aussieduner
07-11-2005, 12:22 AM
yes ,,, i will do that tomorrow after work aussieduner.

pretty neat thing you are doing ,,, glad to be a part of it.

john

No worries John,i hope i can help with a needed part,will wait to see your pics.

Cheers
Aussieduner

atcmatt
07-12-2005, 07:31 PM
I was also going to ask about the sidepanels. I have set here that might be alright for a mould to be taken off.

Let me know if you want some pics, saves John posting his from the US.

Matt

jeswinehart
07-12-2005, 10:17 PM
I was also going to ask about the sidepanels. I have set here that might be alright for a mould to be taken off.

Let me know if you want some pics, saves John posting his from the US.

Matt

thanks matt ,, i already sent those pics ( not to much of a hassle at all via computer ). now if you would like to do him up with the side panles ,,, i would owe you ,,, shipping from country to in-counrty has to be cheaper then US to australia ,,,, .
let me know matt ,,, i was looking at mailing after august 18th.
( my next scheduled ride for the year )

john

hrc200x
07-12-2005, 11:07 PM
If you could do rear fenders, would they fit better than maier?

Aussieduner
07-13-2005, 03:27 AM
If you could do rear fenders, would they fit better than maier?

Hi
Well with the smaller items ive been doing im taking molds from the inside of the original item so fit is pretty good with my reporoduction parts.I usually get the mold then make an item,test fit if it has issues i adjust the mold,i use a cheaper plastic for this part of the development of the mold as these items get thrown away.I wish i could make complete fenders but oven size is the issue,maybe in the future it may become a reality.Im also doing research on injection mold practices and the hardware involved to see whats out there.
The 2 projects im staring soon will be the TRI-Z shrouds and the 85/86 250r Short Track Tank Shrouds as these were items requested by interested 3WW members.

Thanks for your interest.
Cheers
Aussieduner

deathman53
07-13-2005, 07:34 PM
let me know when the short track shrouds are ready, other colors availbable too????

twgranger
07-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Can't wait for the tri-z shrouds!!

Aussieduner
07-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Im looking forward to doing both TRI-Z & Honda projects.

Cheers
Aussieduner

Aussieduner
07-18-2005, 09:06 AM
The TRI-Z shrouds have arrived and i will be commencing the left and right molds this week,should have a prototype set ready in approx 2 weeks maybe less.Will post some pics when they are close to being completed.

Cheers
Aussieduner

twgranger
07-18-2005, 04:20 PM
The TRI-Z shrouds have arrived and i will be commencing the left and right molds this week,should have a prototype set ready in approx 2 weeks maybe less.Will post some pics when they are close to being completed.

Cheers
Aussieduner
SWEET!! :w00t:

x.system
07-18-2005, 06:46 PM
My short track shrouds went out today along with a little something extra, hope you enjoy. Let me know when they arrive, coming by air.

Oh, when they get there, just set those yellow things aside and get onto the important honda parts, lol.

CHILL you yamaha fans, its a joke.

LonesomeTriZ
07-18-2005, 06:58 PM
This is geeting to be more than I can handle. If you are making the small parts that no one else makes, I am sure it will not be long until the larger items become available. Put me down for a set of yellow side covers as well. :Bounce :w00t:

Yamahauler
07-18-2005, 07:02 PM
So, how much are you planning on selling these Tri-Z shrouds for?

Orangecnty250r
07-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Any one send a tri Z airbox (pseudo gas tank) cover yet?

Aussieduner
07-20-2005, 07:31 AM
Just an update on the TRI-Z Shrouds,the molds have been started with 2 coats of gelcoat applied and quite a few layers of glass to follow so its underway.As for cost per pair i havent really looked at it but the price will be very resonable,1 sheet of raw material will produce 3 sets of shrouds with a small amount of waste so this is very cost effective.
As noted in the last post im still looking for a TRI-Z airbox cover to mold from,any spares out there ?

Cheers
Aussieduner

PS
No worries X.System will let you know when they arrive, i love suprises !

Yamahauler
07-20-2005, 01:08 PM
My Tri-Z airbox cover is metal, I dont know about everyone elses, but I guess that wouldn't matter if you made a plastic on for it.

LonesomeTriZ
07-20-2005, 03:36 PM
I can spare an air box cover for the cuase.

Lomax
07-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Here's one for you. Tank shrouds for the 86-87 Honda ATC 200X. They are no longer availible and are near impossible to find (especially the White 87 ones). I Have a set that I could send you that are in good shape that you could take a mold from.

Aussieduner
07-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Here's one for you. Tank shrouds for the 86-87 Honda ATC 200X. They are no longer availible and are near impossible to find (especially the White 87 ones). I Have a set that I could send you that are in good shape that you could take a mold from.

Hi
Can i get some pics of the shrouds showing the inside and out ?,white is available in 3 types,matt,semi gloss and full gloss.If i remember these are not a large shroud..correct ?
Send a few pics here and i can let you know if doable.

th1963@tpg.com.au

Cheers
Aussieduner

Dammit!
07-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Think you might do black 1986 R headlight shells? I'd be in for one if they match the Maier shade of gloss black.

Aussieduner
07-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Think you might do black 1986 R headlight shells? I'd be in for one if they match the Maier shade of gloss black.

I have some headlight shells for the 250r,will check if i have an 86.

NOS_350X
07-20-2005, 09:43 PM
I will send you a doner 350x headlight If i get one for doing so (preferably bule but ill take anything) sinding a pic of the headlight in a few minutes.

Also, right now i dont see anything selling your products yet, BUT when you do so make a new thread in the classifides that way people cant complain about it anymore.

greenhuman
07-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Give me back my resin, you putz!

Lomax
07-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Hi
Can i get some pics of the shrouds showing the inside and out ?,white is available in 3 types,matt,semi gloss and full gloss.If i remember these are not a large shroud..correct ?
Send a few pics here and i can let you know if doable.

th1963@tpg.com.au

Cheers
Aussieduner

I dont have any idea about the white ones so I dont know exactly what they are supposed to look like in shade. They are not a very large shroud no. I will take a few pictures of mine (I have to dig them out of storage) and send them to you.

Aussieduner
07-21-2005, 08:28 AM
Heres the TRI-Z left shroud mold just pulled from the doner part today,right one will be at this stage tomorrow.All looking good at this stage.

UPDATE PIC added,both molds released from doner parts and trimed,getting closer to the Vac Form table,will tidy these up and core fill this weekend.

Cheers
Aussieduner

Aussieduner
07-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Give me back my resin, you putz!

Is that a golfing term ?
Hey Greenie i think the switch guy on ebay has stiffed us with that part,he has offered the money back as he dosent remeber what postage he used ! I dont think he used any,he's heading for some major NEGATIVE feedback if he carnt get his s#@t together.

Clare

LonesomeTriZ
07-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Do you still need an air box cover or not?

Yamahauler
07-21-2005, 01:07 PM
That looks great. I can't wait to see it when its done.

Aussieduner
07-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Do you still need an air box cover or not?

I sure do.

Aussieduner

twgranger
07-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Heres the TRI-Z left shroud mold just pulled from the doner part today,right one will be at this stage tomorrow.All looking good at this stage.

Cheers
Aussieduner
Looks great!! Can't wait to see the final product and when they are forsale. :w00t:

LonesomeTriZ
07-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Send me a PM with your information and how you want to work out the transaction and I will get it on the way to you.

edog
07-22-2005, 08:03 AM
How bought side covers for a 1983-86 Yamaha Tri Moto in sky blue plastic.

Yamahauler
07-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Here are some updates on the shrouds Aussieduner has been sending me, its looking like hes making some real progress!

LonesomeTriZ
07-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Can you start making different colors? By the way, I'll be able to send those photographs to you tomorrow.

Orangecnty250r
07-23-2005, 10:51 PM
We are seeing history in the making :Bounce

I'm for different colors also.

What is the deal with colors for your projects?

Do you have many options for colors in an attempt to match factory??

Do you think there will be a big cost differential for colors other than black??

I am looking to have a set of red tri Z (shrouds, Air filter cover plastics) for my 85 1/2 black tri Z. To spend a few minutes and change colors before I go riding at times (like a Chameleon) :D

Nice work by the way!!!

LonesomeTriZ
07-23-2005, 11:44 PM
I have alsways wanted to biuld an all white Tri-Z.

Orangecnty250r
07-24-2005, 12:09 AM
I have alsways wanted to biuld an all white Tri-Z.

Nice!! Real Nice.

LonesomeTriZ
07-24-2005, 12:20 AM
Let's see if that dream can come true if all this starts rolling well.

Aussieduner
07-24-2005, 02:35 AM
Hi Guys
Thanks for all the interest with this thread,ive been flat out on these TRI-Z shrouds all weekend so at this stage they are molded,core filled on a ply base and up to the final finishing on the mold.Its actually running quicker than i expected,i allowed myself 2 weeks to get the molds ready but its only been less than a week...so far all good !
Now colours,well 3mm material is the preferred thickness for this molding process,its not too thin but good for molding this type of object,standard off the self colours are balck and white in the 3mm,im still talking to the supplier for the yellow and red in the 3mm so no news yet.Worst case will be a new black set of shrouds for your TRI-Z.

Will keep you guys informed when its closer to Vac time !

Cheers
Aussieduner

Aussieduner
07-24-2005, 03:48 AM
Here's todays progress pic.
Almost ready to vac a set to check the molds.

Cheers
Aussieduner

twgranger
07-24-2005, 07:49 AM
Looking good. Hope you can get yellow.

Aussieduner
07-28-2005, 05:55 AM
I vac'ed a test on my molds today,here's a pic of a TRI-Z shroud.Please excuse the edges as i cut the waste away with an angle grinder it was getting late.
So now its just a few small adjustments to the molds ands its all go ! At this stage my plastic supplier has still not confirmed the yellow material in this thickness(3mm) but white or black is available now.

Cheers
Aussieduner

PS
Next item that i will be starting soon is the Honda Short Track Tank shrouds.

twgranger
08-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Any updates on the yellow shrouds??

twgranger
08-10-2005, 04:16 PM
hello????..

Yamahauler
08-10-2005, 07:34 PM
He's been emailing me about them for some time, so I'll speak for him...

The molds are complete, He's just trying to get ahold of some yellow plastic to use. He shjould be able to get some so that will be good.

I don't know how long it will be until he's done though.

LonesomeTriZ
08-11-2005, 08:52 AM
He has been keeping me updated as well. i sent him an airbox cover, so he should have those rolling out soon.

Aussieduner
08-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Sorry guys ive been out of action with pnemonia for a week and in hospital for treatment,will be back on the shrouds next week when the 3mm yellow polyproplene comes in,i can do black or white sets now if anyone wants those colours.As mentioned i have the airbox cover on the way so will have that mold to build as well,should be an easy one.Please feel free to email me if need be im in back order with my Pilot/Odyssey airbox lids and will be making those orders this weekend to ship next Monday and clear those customer orders.

Cheers
Aussieduner

PS
Jim its Friday night my time and the package hasent arrived this week,cross fingers it's here Monday.

Dirtcrasher
08-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Sorry guys ive been out of action with pnemonia for a week and in hospital for treatment,will be back on the shrouds next week when the 3mm yellow polyproplene comes in,i can do black or white sets now if anyone wants those colours.As mentioned i have the airbox cover on the way so will have that mold to build as well,should be an easy one.Please feel free to email me if need be im in back order with my Pilot/Odyssey airbox lids and will be making those orders this weekend to ship next Monday and clear those customer orders.

Cheers
Aussieduner

PS
Jim its Friday night my time and the package hasent arrived this week,cross fingers it's here Monday.

I think it's awesome that you have the desire to make these parts. It makes me think of how "maier" actualy got started.... The facts are that unless people like yourself are willing to help that someday we won't be able to get these things we want. I give you a huge thanks for trying to help out the evr so dying ATC world......

Great job on the molds and I was just wondering, what are the molds made of and how do you do this process????

Aussieduner
08-13-2005, 01:58 AM
Hi Rob
Thanks for the kind words.
The molds are quite easy if you have the original part which is waxed on the inside and gelcoated.Then after a few layers of glass they are removed from the original part and you start to see the shape this is flipped over and mounted on plywood as a base then core filled with expanadable foam to make the mold a solid object reason being your are laying hot plastic over those molds and extracting all the air to create the shape so the mold must be solid so it dosent collapse.The mold does need some filling etc with car body filler to take out any imperfections then off to the vacuum table to make some test parts with the new molds,its not so much hard but time consuming to have the molds right but once at that level the parts just start flowing out in vac formed plastic.
Hope this answers your question and thanks again,keep an eye out for some new pics of complete sets of Z and 83/84R shrouds very soon.

Cheers
Aussieduner

Meat-BoX
08-13-2005, 02:16 AM
I would love to see an effort made to copy the UFO Vented # Plate for the 84-85 Tecate. Im sure there would be no problem selling them as fast as you can produce them. If only someone would lend you one to copy.

If so I would buy one for sure. Thx

Dirtcrasher
08-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Hi Rob
Thanks for the kind words.
The molds are quite easy if you have the original part which is waxed on the inside and gelcoated.Then after a few layers of glass they are removed from the original part and you start to see the shape this is flipped over and mounted on plywood as a base then core filled with expanadable foam to make the mold a solid object reason being your are laying hot plastic over those molds and extracting all the air to create the shape so the mold must be solid so it dosent collapse.The mold does need some filling etc with car body filler to take out any imperfections then off to the vacuum table to make some test parts with the new molds,its not so much hard but time consuming to have the molds right but once at that level the parts just start flowing out in vac formed plastic.
Hope this answers your question and thanks again,keep an eye out for some new pics of complete sets of Z and 83/84R shrouds very soon.

Cheers
Aussieduner

Actually I'm Steve, LOL!!....Rob Scott is the POS that lied to me and scammed me for a few bucks, the amount didn't matter it was the trust factor that pissed me off. Anyhow, you can call me whatever you wish, I'm just glad to see someone trying to help us all out and thanks for the molding explanation!!!

Orangecnty250r
08-13-2005, 08:15 PM
I would love to see an effort made to copy the UFO Vented # Plate for the 84-85 Tecate. Im sure there would be no problem selling them as fast as you can produce them. If only someone would lend you one to copy.

If so I would buy one for sure. Thx

I concur the number plate market would be HOT!!!. I also agree that is a great service you are doing :beer

Aussieduner
08-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Actually I'm Steve, LOL!!....Rob Scott is the POS that lied to me and scammed me for a few bucks, the amount didn't matter it was the trust factor that pissed me off. Anyhow, you can call me whatever you wish, I'm just glad to see someone trying to help us all out and thanks for the molding explanation!!!

DOH !!!!
Sorry Steve LOL,i got ripped buy a POS on ebay all over a $5 part,this guy has offered me the refund several times as i havent left his feedback yet but its all about to come crashing down for him today,he lies,he make excuses,get this "A Spider bit me" LOL Thing is i won the auction for a $5.00 part but the postage to Australia was $25 so he cleaned up on ripping me off.

Anyway sorry again Steve,hope Rob Scott gets his upcomings like my POS is getting !

Cheers
Aussieduner

ZRacer94
08-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Im definatly in the market for a black and a white set of shrouds but as of yet havent seen your asking price. Also ,I know there are a ton of guys with yellow Zs but I hope you may be able to do something for red shrouds as well.

Dammit!
08-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Are you gonna be doing the Tri-Z headlight shell also? Please say yes!

chris200x
08-14-2005, 05:38 PM

Now, why in the world would you want a tri Z headlight shell.... :crazy:

Dammit!
08-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Now, why in the world would you want a tri Z headlight shell.... :crazy:

;) :naughty: :w00t:

twgranger
08-14-2005, 09:08 PM
New ones sure are nice. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/twgranger/1e_1_b.jpg

Aussieduner
08-16-2005, 08:05 AM
The 83/84R shrouds are done,ive just started a thread with a pic of the first set on the Vac Table.They were pretty easy job due to shape and size,i will be picking up the yellow material for the Z shroud project this Thursday and will be back into that project to get it completed.

Cheers
Aussieduner

Dammit!
08-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Have you thought about getting some Maier "Super Scoops" for the 83-85 200x? I think they stopped making them. Not listed on their site anymore. I always thought they were pretty cool looking.

And what about the Tri-Z headlight?

Aussieduner
08-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Not at this stage ive got a few on the go now,the 83/84R shroud is all but finished,the TRI-Z shroud is the high priority project for completion and im still waiting on the 85/86r short track shrouds to arrive(im a little concerned that they still havent arrived) and i have the TRI-Z air box cover on the way as well so im booked out for a while to start any new projects.

Cheers
Aussieduner

Yamahauler
08-16-2005, 11:52 PM
What thickness of yellow plastic did you get for the Z shrouds? How well does it match?

Cant wait to see the things!

Cory

Aussieduner
08-17-2005, 12:05 AM
What thickness of yellow plastic did you get for the Z shrouds? How well does it match?

Cant wait to see the things!

Cory

Hi
The material is 3mm Yellow polypropolene and the sample i was shown was quite close,this weekend will be the major testing period with this product ,hope it all goes well.

Cheers
Aussieduner

Yamahauler
08-17-2005, 12:08 AM
sounds great, 3mm is pretty thick, what is stock?
They should hold up real well.
Did you get red and white plastic as well?

Aussieduner
08-17-2005, 12:41 AM
The OEM part is close to 3mm also that is the same thickness as the airbox lids i make so they are pretty tough,i have white already thats a stock of the self colour same as black in this material.Were almost done with this project development and the shrouds will be in good supply for all those who require them.

Cheers
Aussieduner

Aussieduner
08-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Here's a set of Z shrouds produced today in black,i will be doing some trial fitting tomorrow on a borrowed Tri-Z and will be listing some on E-Bay if all goes well.

Aussieduner

PS
There is still a delay with the yellow 3mm material i have ordered for those wanting yellow shrouds.

jsimonh
08-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Those look great! :naughty: I can't wait to get some :D .

Aussieduner
08-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Those look great! :naughty: I can't wait to get some :D .

Thanks,its good to see some light at the end of the tunnel after all the hard work is done.

Cheers
Aussieduner

LonesomeTriZ
08-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Keep it up, and take your time. :w00t:

xtremez
08-30-2005, 07:33 PM
Aussieduner I was wondering if anyone here sent you a tri-z airbox cover I have plenty to spare. So let me know.And also I would like 2 black and 2 yellow sets of tri-z rad shrouds when you get them complete. let me know how much? thanks

Aussieduner
09-01-2005, 06:43 AM
Aussieduner I was wondering if anyone here sent you a tri-z airbox cover I have plenty to spare. So let me know.And also I would like 2 black and 2 yellow sets of tri-z rad shrouds when you get them complete. let me know how much? thanks

Hi
Yes i have the airbox cover on the way here now to be reproduced,i have the shrouds done and can make as many as required but im looking at the best options for removing the waste plastic from the 3 vents in the shrouds itself ie a router system that will lessen the time needed to do it other than by hand.If you have facility to do this yourself i can supply you the black ones now.

Aussieduner

jsimonh
09-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Would a Dremel(sp?) tool with the plastic cutter do the trick? If so you can get me a set of black ones on the way :D ! I'd rather wait on your finished product, but if it will speed the process up I'll take some now :naughty: . Any ideas on the release time yet? I'm not trying to be a pain, I'm just excited because mine are so old and brittle.

firefirefire90
09-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Aussiduner, you making those UFO plates now?

Aussieduner
09-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Would a Dremel(sp?) tool with the plastic cutter do the trick? If so you can get me a set of black ones on the way :D ! I'd rather wait on your finished product, but if it will speed the process up I'll take some now :naughty: . Any ideas on the release time yet? I'm not trying to be a pain, I'm just excited because mine are so old and brittle.

I can ship you a set in black or white right now if you want to take the time to do the vents yourself,a Dremel will do the job the material is 3mm thick......
As for the UFO plates i have a mesh plate on the way over to be copied.

PM me if you want them organised to ship and cost,have a look at the black one attached.

Orangecnty250r
09-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Hey Aussie

I was asked to post some close up pics of the original vented headlight covers for the 85 Tri Z to see if they are doable with your process. Here they are

Aussieduner
09-05-2005, 07:26 AM
Hey Aussie

I was asked to post some close up pics of the original vented headlight covers for the 85 Tri Z to see if they are doable with your process. Here they are

Ive had a real close look and its not going to work with vac methods unfortunately,looks like most light shells are injection only.

Sorry guys :(

Aussie

BigGreenMachine
09-06-2005, 09:27 PM
So the parts you make your coppies from, are they harmed in the process? If I pay shipping for my UFO Tecate # plate to and from ** place will I get it back and a free new number plate? lol PM me.

Aussieduner
09-07-2005, 04:25 AM
So the parts you make your coppies from, are they harmed in the process? If I pay shipping for my UFO Tecate # plate to and from ** place will I get it back and a free new number plate? lol PM me.

Hi
I have a plate on the way to me now to be copied so it may suit your machine,if not im happy to do your UFO item.No damage is incurred with the process.

Cheers
Aussieduner

PS
can i see your plate ?

BigGreenMachine
09-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Here it is, not sure if whats on the way to you is the same or not. I know 84/85 owners will want this model plate inparticular. Let me know if you want it sent.

James

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/BigGreenMachine/PHOT0005.jpg

69HemiGTX
09-07-2005, 07:40 PM
I don't know what style of number plates you are trying to reproduce, but if you are going to makes ones like this, I would be interested in a green one. Oh yeah, what color will the screen be (black or white)? The pair of Yamahaulers below belong to Chainsaw.

Dammit!
09-07-2005, 09:40 PM
The screens are pop rivited in on the UFO's and easily replacable. Craft stores have a bunch of different color screens.

69HemiGTX
09-07-2005, 10:42 PM
The screens are pop rivited in on the UFO's and easily replacable. Craft stores have a bunch of different color screens.

Cool. :w00t: :D I had thought about the plastic screens for crafts, but didn't know if they would work.

Dammit!
09-07-2005, 10:48 PM
That's how I had a blue one on my 200x. They only came with white screens from UFO. I'd like to get a red framed one with a black screen and white numbers for my '83 200x.

Aussieduner
09-08-2005, 04:07 AM
That green plate is not like the one on its way over so im happy to do it but can you give me its measurements so i can make sure it fits inside my vac tables sealing area,no use haveing a mold thats too big for the table.

Cheers
Aussie

PS
Here's the progress on the Short Track mold,you can see its now a solid object and almost ready to have some items made from it.

Jeb
09-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I changed this number plate out to blue because the white screen was torn. Got the screen at wal-mart. I wanted black but they didn't have any.

Aussieduner, keep up the good work! :beer I would like a competition yellow tri-z airbox cover. :w00t:

BigGreenMachine
09-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Nice plate Jeb, you need to start modding that 86 Tecate. DG pipe, 38mm flatslide, +2 rear sprocket and wheel spacers would set that sucker off. Maybe you'd give that Tri-Z a break. lol

Yamahauler
09-08-2005, 01:31 PM
For the airbox cover, are you talking about the cover that says YAMAHA on it? or the lid that goes on the actual airbox?

Aussieduner
09-09-2005, 01:39 AM
For the airbox cover, are you talking about the cover that says YAMAHA on it? or the lid that goes on the actual airbox?

The outer cosmetic black cover with Yamaha on it.

Aussie

BigGreenMachine
09-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Tecate guys, looks like we'll have some NEW UFO JWR style number plates made for our 84/85 T3's.

James.

69HemiGTX
09-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Hey Aussie, I just thought of something while on the throne. :eek: :D OEM gas tanks aren't injection molded because it would be impossible to do so. There would be no way to get the dies out once they were molded. They are blow molded, just like Coke bottles and plastic barrels. All you would need would be an exterior mold of the tank, the correct material, a way to heat it, and a way to put pressure on it. It's essentailly the exact opposite of what you are already doing. I have no idea how easy it would be to do, but it's a thought.

Aussieduner
09-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey Aussie, I just thought of something while on the throne. :eek: :D OEM gas tanks aren't injection molded because it would be impossible to do so. There would be no way to get the dies out once they were molded. They are blow molded, just like Coke bottles and plastic barrels. All you would need would be an exterior mold of the tank, the correct material, a way to heat it, and a way to put pressure on it. It's essentailly the exact opposite of what you are already doing. I have no idea how easy it would be to do, but it's a thought.

Injection and the blow method you described start to get expensive with the tooling up reqiured,controlling the heated plastic on the inside of a mold would be a major task,i would be really interested to see how companies like Clarke make there tanks,will have to do some research.

Aussie

PS
Its a beautiful spring day here in Australia :)

diggerzmound
10-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Got Mine!!! They look great. I have theom temorarily bolted on I need to do a little more smoothing and get some nice bolts to attach thenm with.

Great Work!!!
Thanks Aussie!!!

Aussieduner
10-13-2005, 06:17 AM
Got Mine!!! They look great. I have theom temorarily bolted on I need to do a little more smoothing and get some nice bolts to attach thenm with.

Great Work!!!
Thanks Aussie!!!

Very cool thanks for the pics.Its always good to see my parts all the way in the USA !!!
Also have the Tri-Z Air Box cover done.

Cheers :beer
Aussie

twgranger
10-13-2005, 08:37 AM
I take it the yellow shrouds are a dead subject??

Yamahauler
10-13-2005, 10:12 AM
I think he's still looking for the 3mm yellow.
I hope he can find some sometime, I think yellow would be a big seller.