PDA

View Full Version : cut and shrink vid of me on the SX

bigredhead
07-09-2005, 07:56 PM
ok.. i have a 35 mb video file of me playing on the beach with the SX.. not much to see but i'm playing in the sand !!!.

how do i cut out some sections to make it smaller.. or under the size limit for this forum ?

anyone suggest a prog that can do it easily ?

renotrikeguy
07-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Most of the DVD editing software will do that for you. Or you can send it to me and I can make it a WindowsMediaFile/wmf for you .

bigredhead
07-09-2005, 08:13 PM
i'm on DSL but sending a 35 mb file is still a chore...

That was a good point tho.. i just recalled my digi camera came with software. fujifilm cam. i bet it has editing software in the bundle... gonna load it up and check. thanks

bigredhead
07-09-2005, 08:34 PM
well.. that did'nt work.. the finepix software only lets you burn the vids to cd but no option to edit them in any way.

renotrikeguy
07-09-2005, 08:52 PM
you can try Windows Movie maker,. I think it's included in the XP operating system.?

bigredhead
07-09-2005, 09:21 PM
ok.. i cut a portion of the vid and it's much smaller.. but now in the wrong format.. i have it in movie maker format.. need it in quick time or media player....

if you know how to do this.. pls let me know.. going to google for help right now... found a way to upload it as a web video hosted thinga ma bob.. but did'nt figure it out yet.

bigredhead
07-09-2005, 09:23 PM
i think i got it !
\
actually.. i now have it in WMV and this forum don't support it.. doh.

ok. i downloaded a prog to convert it to AVI but it's now 50 mb... looking for a shrink option.. lol

ATC crazy
07-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Sissors? That should make it plenty small enough...