PDA

View Full Version : My Guard unit is getting activated, Please read if we have a deal in process.

LonesomeTriZ
07-09-2005, 10:53 PM
I am not going into details, but between the hurricanes and this crap in London the Florida National Guard is going to be busy for a while. To all of you who have pending deals with me, relax. My girl friend will be sending out all the packages next week. To any one I owe money to, I will get it out as soon as I get a chance. I figured this would be the best way to let every one know rather than send bunch of private messages. If you are sending me something I have purchased, go ahead. I have some one here who can accept it. If you have sent me a message about something I have for sale, I will get back to you once I return. Until then, keep my seat warm for me, I’ll be right back.

Billy Golightly
07-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Whoop some ass, and dont get yourself killed wherever you end up at Louis!

LonesomeTriZ
07-09-2005, 11:34 PM
I am heading up to the unit in a few minutes. We will know what our job is tomarrow.

3 weelin geezer
07-10-2005, 01:10 PM
I'll meet you 'there'.

wheelie king
07-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Be careful, Lou!!!!!
Take care, man. Try and have Melissa keep us updated about stuff where you are. Hurry back :beer

Greg

250r'en +TCB
07-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Good luck and Godspeed my friend!!! Hurry home

LonesomeTriZ
07-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Well, there was a change in plans. I just returned last night. It would seem that the powers that be decided the Florida boys (and girls) should stay home because of the hurricane season. Florida got hit so hard last year it was literally over extended. There were not enough emergency personnel to fill the ranks. So, we had to borrow guard soldieries from other states. They do not want to go through that again this year. Now instead of being deployed over seas, my unit and I will be called up every time there is a storm and tasked with hurricane relief. I think it was a good call. Some one is finally using some common sense.

By the way, thank you for your support every one. I have six months of school left before I return to active duty. So it is nice to know some people still care about our troops.

chris200x
07-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Did you know where oversees you were going? Glad to see they changed there minds and you get to stay close to home. Although hurricane relief is no picnic either. Hope you boys down south don't get hit hard again this year. good luck.

LonesomeTriZ
07-13-2005, 11:24 AM
They never know where we are going to until we are half way there. Apparently, the higher ups feel there will be more attacks. So they want to strengthen what we already have out there so we can retaliate quickly or maybe even stop them before they happen.

250r'en +TCB
07-14-2005, 09:40 AM
hey LonesomeTriZ, do you get to drive a hummer around in the middle of the hurricane, or a tank for that matter? Because that would be freak'en sweet!!! :naughty:
I am happy for you that you get to stay home!

LonesomeTriZ
07-14-2005, 09:54 AM
hey LonesomeTriZ, do you get to drive a hummer around in the middle of the hurricane, or a tank for that matter? Because that would be freak'en sweet!!! :naughty:
I am happy for you that you get to stay home!

No, I did not get to operate any vehicles. We had to stay in the livestock display barn at the Tallahassee fair grounds. What a wonderful smell that was. :rolleyes:

Lomax
07-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Glad to see you made it back. You said that you have 6 months of school left before you return to active duty, I think its time to start figuring out another ride here soon so Louis can get another good one in. :beer

LonesomeTriZ
07-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Glad to see you made it back. You said that you have 6 months of school left before you return to active duty, I think its time to start figuring out another ride here soon so Louis can get another good one in. :beer

I totaly agree. Unfrotunatly, I can not get very many people fired up about my idea to head out west. :(

Lomax
07-14-2005, 01:12 PM
I totaly agree. Unfrotunatly, I can not get very many people fired up about my idea to head out west. :(

I sounds fun, and I'll be in for it after I get all my other projects lined out. I was thinking of something a little more between here and Florida though (or possibly in florida). That way maybe a few more people could make it. I didnt make it to the last one that Billy had but I have to come down there now as I have a trike waiting and I am trying to save up a little side money so I might could bring home a Z as well :naughty: If I am going to make the run Might as well bring along a few runners to make some ride time on.

LonesomeTriZ
07-14-2005, 01:27 PM
I know the perfect spot to go to has soon as it cools down. Many miles of sand, woods, mud, obsticles, and much more. I will promise some good ridnig and good times. :Bounce :beer

Lomax
07-14-2005, 02:17 PM
I am thinking that weather should be getting better around.....say...... late September early October???

LonesomeTriZ
07-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Better, yes. But not by much.

Lomax
07-14-2005, 06:03 PM
When is the "ideal time" in your area for a good ride? Is there any places to camp and ride or just a load up in the mornings and ride out kinda deal?

wheelie king
07-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Lou-
Are you talking about Kissimmee? We need to do that. Either that or Ocala, but I do not know what hoops you have to jump through to ride in Ocala. I konw they have designated spots, but as far as permits and fees......?

We'll do something soon, I hope. :Bounce

LonesomeTriZ
07-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Yep. I m talking about Kissemmee. We can camp there or for the outdoor challenged. There is a htole close by. I would say the end of october would be good. The days are warm and the nights are just cold enough to apprecite a decent sleeping bag. Ocala is nice, but I have not been to Big Scrub where ever one rides. I know a good place on the other side of Ocala, but it is mostly dirt roads and nothing like the trails in Kissemmee. Plus, I am not sure of the hotel situation.

Lomax
07-18-2005, 01:41 AM
I take these places are in Florida? sounds good to me though, If we can start "rough planning" now then I can make arrangements for a time around then. You mind keeping the 200X that long???

LonesomeTriZ
07-18-2005, 10:23 AM
it is safe and out of the weather where it is now. So I have no problem holding on to it. Let us start by you all telling me what kind of terrain you want. I am going to push for kissemmee. But if Ocala is what you all prefer, I can get the information that is required. I know a spot that is on the other side of the Ocala National Forrest that is rarley is ever used. My Guard unit goes there to trail. There is a lot of trails, and I mean a lot.

Billy Golightly
07-18-2005, 05:15 PM
I want.....

#1: To know I'm going to place where my shitty 2wd truck is not going to get stuck in the sugar sand and have to towed out.
#2: To not have to worry about being on private property where (un-invited) cops and pissed off land owners might show up.
#3: Not think about a title, insurance, or any of that horse crap.
#4: Not worry about stuff getting stolen while we are off riding.

Thats my main concerns :)

LonesomeTriZ
07-18-2005, 05:38 PM
I want.....

#1: To know I'm going to place where my shitty 2wd truck is not going to get stuck in the sugar sand and have to towed out.
#2: To not have to worry about being on private property where (un-invited) cops and pissed off land owners might show up.
#3: Not think about a title, insurance, or any of that horse crap.
#4: Not worry about stuff getting stolen while we are off riding.

Thats my main concerns :)

Kissemme fits all those requirements. I know the place in the Ocala National forrest I know of will also fit those requirements, but I am not as familiar with that place. plus I have a friend that lives right on the Kissemmee area. All we have to do is park in his front yard, then ride out his back. :w00t:

wheelie king
07-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Billy,

1. I would be sure to get a pic or maybe video of the Nissan pulling you out.
2. Cops? Don't worry about them. :p
3. Your title can be....well......we'll call you anything you want
4. See # 2.

Greg

LonesomeTriZ
07-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Good points Greg. Even with out the assistance of those who shall remain nameless, there is no problems with the law in Kissemmee. Like I said, my buddy lives right on the riding area. It is very large and our property will be safe in his yard.

By the way, do you still have any of the Rumble in Dixie shirts available?

Lomax
07-19-2005, 11:37 AM
So things are looking up.. :w00t:

LonesomeTriZ
07-19-2005, 11:54 AM
It looks like I may ahve to start a new thread for an upcoming Florida ride.

Lomax
07-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that. Either starting a new thread or this one getting moved. I have already started making "rough arrangments" around the end of october, first of november for this event. That way, I have no problems getting out of here.

LonesomeTriZ
07-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Alright. I will get some mor einformation on few things, then start new thread. In the mean time, throw out some suggestions from everything from food the possible events.

Lomax
07-19-2005, 04:09 PM
I would just assume typical camp food. Lets get the new thread started and get a estimated head count and go from there

LonesomeTriZ
07-19-2005, 04:51 PM
That sounds good. Hopefully we can talk that special some one into making it a temporay sticky. (hint, hint) :D

wheelie king
07-19-2005, 06:52 PM
I still have plenty of Rumble in Dixie Shirts. PM me or I'll bring a bunch to the fall event that we are planning.

I vote KISSIMMEE!

Mike and I will probably bring a camper/RV this time. Lou, will that be cool with your buddy (parking wise, etc)?

LonesomeTriZ
07-19-2005, 08:15 PM
I can not speak for him just yet. I am sure it will be, but let me see how many people we will have and how many plan to bring campers. One suggestion though. If you bring a camper and want to hook up to his electricity, offer him some money. I thhink he would at least appreciate the offer.

wheelie king
07-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh man....OF COURSE!! I will give him $ for the power use, or bring a generator. I did not know what the noise tolerance was, so I was not planning on the generator. But I will do whatever. Just let me know.

Greg

LonesomeTriZ
07-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Hey Greg, you not afraid of your tent getting roosted again are you? :p

wheelie king
07-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Fell right into that one again, huh. No, definitely not afraid-- seeing as how Billy and Zack were "less than stealth" in their approach. We heard it coming and braced for it. I'll bring the YTM this time, and stretch the legs on its exhaust on a few lucky recipients...wonder who???? :D

Also, i may ask you to bring the 60 to this event and we'll close the deal on that. I have not forgotten and definitely not lost interest :TrikesOwn

LonesomeTriZ
07-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Fell right into that one again, huh. No, definitely not afraid-- seeing as how Billy and Zack were "less than stealth" in their approach. We heard it coming and braced for it. I'll bring the YTM this time, and stretch the legs on its exhaust on a few lucky recipients...wonder who???? :D

Also, i may ask you to bring the 60 to this event and we'll close the deal on that. I have not forgotten and definitely not lost interest :TrikesOwn

:D :D I think a war has begun. :Bounce i'll shoot you a PM with my phone number. There has been an update to the Zinger situation. It will be quicker to discuss it over the phone.

Lomax
07-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Wheelie King= Is you YTM a 200? If it is then I want to line it up and see how the old "junkyard dog" will fair. Everyone that rides it says it hauls arse with the way I set it up. I cant recal ever putting any real seat time on anyone else's hardtail hondas (or anything else, I tend to stay on my own stuff) so I dont know if its really that great or not lol..

Looks like we have 3 confirmed people going now. I wonder how many other people on going to join the Fall Fest 05?????

wheelie king
07-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Yes, Mine is a shaft drive YTM 200 EL. Race??? OK!!!!! :w00t: I am never one to turn one down. If you want to see a fast hard tail, don't make me bust out the 200s. Louis, Billy, and Zack can tell you...she's mean. And did I mention the 200s is ...like...showroom??? :D :Bounce

Lomax
07-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Junkyard dog is a 200s, Not quite showroom though, more like fell off a cliff, caught on fire, and was reassembled with anything I could find. I have done tons of work to it, I just dont mess with cosmetics because if I hit a tree or something and bust a fender, that means it will match the rest of them better and I wont be bent out of shape about trashing a nice new (or mint) one.

wheelie king
07-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Oh. I was not familiar with the "dog". My 200s or the YTM versus your "j-yard dog" ought to be quite a show. Both are pretty damn quick. Anybody up for some sight-unseen wagers? :p :p

Lomax
07-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Meet JunkYard Dog