PDA

View Full Version : Will my SX start this winter ? !!

bigredhead
07-12-2005, 08:49 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4559256300&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

I just won this thing... a tad expensive.. but hey. if it works.. i'm all for it !

kinda unique i guess.

what'cha all think ? :D

jenndnn3
07-12-2005, 09:20 AM
I dont know, I think cleaning the slow/pilot jet would have been cheaper. Also they make little baby heaters that you put on the engines. Cant think of what those are called. Another trick is to take the spark plug and slightly warm it with a lighter. Some trikes call for a hotter plug in the winter. I am one of those that deals with it. But hey you can at least make Maine jealous.

bigredhead
07-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Well.. i'm fortunate enough to have a heated garage now.. so it's not a problem when leaving from home. and once she fires. usually you are ok for the whole day.. but if i end up at a friends house for an extended period of time... i'll still be set !! lol...

I beleive it hooks up to the battery and warms up the carb via an element.. i bet it's hard on the battery .. but it i save some miles on my starter it's worth it.

batteries are cheap.. starters are not. hahahaha

freewheel3
07-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Well.. i'm fortunate enough to have a heated garage now.. so it's not a problem when leaving from home. and once she fires. usually you are ok for the whole day.. but if i end up at a friends house for an extended period of time... i'll still be set !! lol...

I beleive it hooks up to the battery and warms up the carb via an element.. i bet it's hard on the battery .. but it i save some miles on my starter it's worth it.

batteries are cheap.. starters are not. hahahaha
Hey BRH, I have one of these for my Big Red. ( Not installed yet ) They are actually an element that you mount at the front of the block & it curves underneath a bit. This will heat the crankcase & the oil. It is a 110 volt & plugs into regular household power just like your car or truck in the winter. Pretty rare item BTW.

bigredhead
07-12-2005, 11:49 AM
OH wow.. a block heater.. cool !

i Had'nt even realized it... just now noticed the 110v plug !!

right on !.. thanks man ! this should be awsome !

Tri-ZNate
07-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Lol some people spend money on heaters I just pull the choke. lol looks nice though

phreakboy
07-13-2005, 01:39 PM
I see he has another one listed this week, I was actually looking at it but I need to get mine going first.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4561772294&fromMakeTrack=true

nimda78
07-26-2005, 12:31 PM
thats really cool for the rarity of it.