PDA

View Full Version : banshee/possible 250r trade ????????????

kasuki
07-13-2005, 02:55 AM
hey what do you guys think i have a complete banshee 1996 with a title needs a crank.there was nothing wrong with the orginial i was going to install a long rod kit but now i am considering leting it go. it has aftermarket pipes v-force reeds new chain sprockets all new bearing plastics are in great condition.pro tapper handle bars asome bike but im considering on trading for a honda 250r trike is this a bad trade should i keep the quad and finish it with the rebuild of the motor. im looking for logical opinions on this idea of trading give me the ups and dowens,also what kind of power does a 1985-86 250r have is it compareable to the banshee i know one is a twin and the other is a single.also how much to rebuild a 250r motor if need be?

SpeedBump
07-13-2005, 05:57 AM
Fix the Banshee, sell it and then BUY a decent R. You should have plenty to buy and still have cash left over to play with.

kasuki
07-13-2005, 01:35 PM
anyone else have a opinion

bigredhead
07-13-2005, 01:38 PM
if you are looking for logical answer.

how much money do you figure your banshee is worth right now ?

Good fast R's go for roughly 1500 to 2000...

you decide !

250RNUT
07-13-2005, 01:47 PM
If you want to sell the banshee as is PM me with a price.Thanks

RideRed250R
07-13-2005, 01:55 PM
ill chirp in... logically sounds like your going to be dumpin some money into the motor, were talkin at least 650 for the bottom end and all that good stuff..... i say if you can trade go ahead, you might take a hit in the shorts bluebook wize but logically i dont think you will care, R's had 40 horse from factory, roughly something liek 36-37 horse to the ground, a stock R will beat a stock shee, a 250R if ported milled, carbed, reeds and jetted right will run with the best you can throw at it, my dads 83 with dune port, milled, 34mm carb, k.n filter, rad-valve and answer pipe and silencer, will run with a t6 banshee, the banshee will owning win on top-end, also a 250R shoots out the hole a LOT better then a shee, also the 250R market has just EXPLODED with new parts because of these new 450's, if you want a runner go ESR330 kit with a Dave Moore Dune port job, go 38 a/s, cr reed valve and CF reeds, Paul Turner pipe, and there wont be a banshee that will touch you, i mean mayb a like 5k motor, but for what you have in the motor a banshee with that wont beable to hang, or it will be a really fun motor, do what ever you think is right, if you just want to dump this blue turd cause its a head ache then do it and get a R, iam sure alot of R owners will trade you, believe it or not, just do what you want.
adam