PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain this to me?

OldSchoolin86
07-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Why would you have to pull a motor out of a bike to store it in your basement? I'm thinking a BS story or someone without muscle or friends. IDK

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4562058738&category=80650&rd=1

LonesomeTriZ
07-14-2005, 01:43 PM
It makes perfect sense....to somebody, I'm sure.

bigredhead
07-14-2005, 02:10 PM
If you can't simply put gas in it and ride it.. why not list the reason why this is ?

Lomax
07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
If you list it as a complete and running machine on E-bay it cost alot more money to sell. Maybe its really easy to pull the engine out of the chassis on that bike and he sold the Exhaust to someone else so It could be listed under the parts or non-running category

Orangecnty250r
07-14-2005, 06:09 PM
I can see pulling the motor out to store it in the basement. When I was growing up I used to lug my RM 80 through my parents house and down some steep stairs for the winter. A bike with the motor would be much easier to get up and down.

What I dont get is if he's been with this bike for 31 years and a member of the Yamaha 650 society he should have the skillset to quickly bolt this motor back in and get a little more cash for it. The extra money he would get for it complete would more than pay for the extra listing fees incurred for a complete bike. Just my opinion

OldSchoolin86
07-14-2005, 08:46 PM
I can see pulling the motor out to store it in the basement. When I was growing up I used to lug my RM 80 through my parents house and down some steep stairs for the winter. A bike with the motor would be much easier to get up and down.
But if you were storing the entire bike in the basement wouldn't it be a hell of a lot easier to just have a buddy help you out then take out the motor?

bigredhead
07-14-2005, 09:02 PM
depends if you had to bring it up on the rear wheel to make the corner or turn it some serious angles to get it to pass thru the hall around the corner.. down the stairs etc....... you would NEVER get that thing down my basement !!!!!!! damn quarter angle stairs.. ugh.

Orangecnty250r
07-14-2005, 11:07 PM
But if you were storing the entire bike in the basement wouldn't it be a hell of a lot easier to just have a buddy help you out then take out the motor?

I definetely agree with you in most situations. I just remember it was tough. but 19 years ago I was only 14 and didnt have much muscle back then. That RM 80 I lugged in the basement was my first project bike I ever restored (it was only three years old when I bought it but it was beat and all the cool 1986 80ccs were coming out and mine looked like a relic (back then there was a big difference in 3 model years of a bike). I have some old pics (kodak disc camera) of before, during, and after from all those years ago in the basement. Maybe i'll pull them out and post them in the mx section. I think this guy got to old to lug this stuff around and put the motor in. So I think your original assessment of lack of muscle is probably correct just add a little age into the factor.

350x'inNY
07-15-2005, 09:06 AM
I definetely agree with you in most situations. I just remember it was tough. but 19 years ago I was only 14 and didnt have much muscle back then. That RM 80 I lugged in the basement was my first project bike I ever restored (it was only three years old when I bought it but it was beat and all the cool 1986 80ccs were coming out and mine looked like a relic (back then there was a big difference in 3 model years of a bike). I have some old pics (kodak disc camera) of before, during, and after from all those years ago in the basement. Maybe i'll pull them out and post them in the mx section. I think this guy got to old to lug this stuff around and put the motor in. So I think your original assessment of lack of muscle is probably correct just add a little age into the factor.

Time doesn't change everything... hahahahha :p Just joking... :D

Those old retro pics sound cool... post'em up!
Bruce

Orangecnty250r
07-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Time doesn't change everything... hahahahha :p Just joking... :D

Those old retro pics sound cool... post'em up!
Bruce

Left myself open for that :p

I posted the Circa 1985/1986 pics of my first ride and restore in bikersville check it out.